PlayStation 5 - Next gen is expensive

Eighthours

22 minutes ago, Ry said:

I'm still on the fence about cancelling my order. 

I need to get in the mindset that the PS5 is more of a future investment because I'm only interested in one game at launch (spiderman) and then the next games I want won't be out for ages. 

I'm just going to have that feeling of "I have wasted money" for absolutely ages. 

Don't cancel your order, there are plenty of people here who want one, if you don't.

2 minutes ago, Raoull duke said:

Keep hearing that they're super unreliable. 360 level shit. 

I wonder if Sony would even survive a disaster like that. Not like they have Microsoft level cash reserves. 

I do believe I'll wait for the slim model. Will save me having to remodel my living room too. 

The exclusive games angle will get them through almost anything I reckon.   I mean this is the company that had PSN offline for a month after a big hack.  

Just now, FiveFootNinja said:

Not gonna lie... reading some of the reviews of Demon Souls last night is testing my "I'm not paying you £70 for a game" resolve... FOMO is apparently directly proportional to HYPE. 

I succumbed and paid £64 for it from Base.com, arrived next day too. If you buy discounted digital top up cards can be had for £60ish, still a lot but hey it's a From game as a launch game.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

People would be pissed if @Ry just cancelled without offering it to a fellow forumite. 

No that is unfair to put pressure on him, there is some hassle involved with passing on a order, delivery collection etc & what if there was an issue with the console who would deal with contacting the supplier etc

5 minutes ago, gospvg said:

No that is unfair to put pressure on him, there is some hassle involved with pissing on a order, delivery collection etc & what if there was an issue with the console who would deal with contacting the supplier etc

Fixed.

31 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

So what? He's under no obligation to pass on something he'd be on the hook for ~£400 for.

EDIT: By which I mean, yeah sure do a nice thing, but adding pressure with "people would be pissed" is a bit off.

6 minutes ago, gospvg said:

No that is unfair to put pressure on him, there is some hassle involved with passing on a order, delivery collection etc & what if there was an issue with the console who would deal with contacting the supplier etc

Surprising amount of people who missed the stream and subsequently the joke :D

2 hours ago, dino_jr said:

I notice the "on the day" stock at most sites is the disc version only. No digital on the 19th?

(JL / Argos / Tesco)

Well, if my late GAME pre-order hasn't shifted before midnight on Thursday, then I will certainly be monitoring this thread for signs of the 'on the day' click and collect orders opening. F5 F5 F5!

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

Demons Soul or any of the new games released like WatchDogs AC Valhalla, COD?

If nothing then pass it on to another mukker, there are lots still looking for an order.

I Have a series x and playing valhalla there. (all third party games I buy will be on xbox) 

38 minutes ago, FiveFootNinja said:

Not gonna lie... reading some of the reviews of Demon Souls last night is testing my "I'm not paying you £70 for a game" resolve... FOMO is apparently directly proportional to HYPE. 

Everyone's gonna buy and thoroughly rinse it / hate it in equal measure. It's the Killzone Shadowfall of the PS5 release, you'll be able to pick it up secondhand for £20 soon.

7/21/2014 11:50 AM

Killzone: Shadow Fall (Used)
Games > PS41 @ £7.99

Subtotal:£7.99

Delivery:£0

Total:£7.99

Pre-Order Destiny here to get free First Class delivery!

£7.99 delivered i paid for a £59.99 launch title after six months :lol: fuck £70 games. No way.

4 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Typical bloke with a smartphone shows in 30 seconds what big youtubers can't explain in 10 minutes

None of them seem to be able to explain something in less than 10 minutes :lol: Whenever I need a solution or location for something, I'm always googling for a text based walkthrough. Fuck watching a 10 minute video for a secret access code or whatever, when you can see the answer in a few seconds in a piece of text. It's not just about being old, it's just practical.

(And yeah that does look really cool!)

Just now, Chadruharazzeb said:

You're not allowed to be positive about it, IT HAS PROBLEMS! Very vague, barely explained problems! 

Can you turn it off?

- Yes

So what's the problem?

- HMM WELL Watch my sponsored 10 minutes youtube video to maybe find out. possibly. I don't know. Ring the bell and like and subscribe !

11 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

None of them seem to be able to explain something in less than 10 minutes :lol: Whenever I need a solution or location for something, I'm always googling for a text based walkthrough. Fuck watching a 10 minute video for a secret access code or whatever, when you can see the answer in a few seconds in a piece of text. It's not just about being old, it's just practical.

(And yeah that does look really cool!)

It's because they don't get ad revenue or bumped in YT search if it isn't at least 10 minutes long.