rllmuk
Eighthours

PlayStation 5 - Mark Cerny reveals even more details in second WIRED exclusive

Where is teh guy who leaked the designs of the Pro and Slim via very bad hand drawn pictures? He was more or less band on the money.  I think he worked at Foxconn.

Rllmuk, on seeing a photo that might be the PS5:

That is OBVIOUSLY fake for REASONS

Also Rllmuk, less than six months ago after seeing the PS5 devkit:

On 23/08/2019 at 12:44, Alex W. said:

It’s one image, from one angle (which doesn’t make sense for a legitimate filing), filed in Portuguese in Brazil by a local intellectual property law firm. I would put good money on it being a hoax that someone with a bit of cash to burn paid to have filed.

On 23/08/2019 at 12:47, PeteBrant said:

I can tell you with utter certainty that is fake

On 02/10/2019 at 10:12, K said:

I struggle to get too animated about two fuzzy, indistinct photos taken at a funny angle that the publication doesn't even print. Phone cameras are so good now that you really have to work hard to explain why you couldn't get a clear photo of something that was right in front of you.

• Upvote 1

Who gives a shit what it looks like? All consoles look like embarrassing bits of fucking plastic, as long as it has Persona 6 and the next FFXIV expansion (it will do, Yoshi P has confirmed FFXIV will be on PS5) then then that's all that matters.

• Upvote 1

That image has got a whiff of the Subor Chinese console that flopped a while back

2018-09-19 11.45.36_678x452.jpg

30 minutes ago, Broker said:

I have a reputation as the forum's worst anti-prophet to maintain.

• Upvote 1

I take it that Controller is fake as well or are they deliberately shifting to an Xbox style pad?

I think it’s a bad photoshop of a third party PS4 “pro” pad.

Edit - Oh wait, it’s just the unphotoshopped hideousness of the Nacon Revolution Pro.

2 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

I think it’s a bad photoshop of a third party PS4 “pro” pad.

Razer controller it looks like. The console itself looks like a 3DO when looked at flat. With a flappy opening lid.

40 minutes ago, JPL said:

Are we allowed to discuss if that one’s fake or not @Broker?

Of course, but I’ll be taking notes for future smug jokes.

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

I have a reputation as the forum's worst anti-prophet to maintain.

But you are competing in that category with Pete “How many bollocks have I got left to wager” Brant.

9 minutes ago, footle said:

But you are competing in that category with Pete “How many bollocks have I got left to wager” Brant.

What was the original bollock bet?

4 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

What was the original bollock bet?

I’ve genuinely forgotten!

I know it was about the next Xbox, so I searched his posts that contained "xbox", "eat", "bollock" and, well...

On 11/02/2005 at 15:17, PeteBrant said:

So, total speculation, then. If we see Xbox 2 over here before Xmas, I'll eat my left bollock.

(It came out on December 2nd, 2005)

• Upvote 8

He had secret reasons for thinking that which he doesn’t want to post but might PM to you.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, Broker said:

He had secret reasons for thinking that which he doesn’t want to post but might PM to you.

Man , it really got to you, didn’t it . :lol:

• Downvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Usually the fakes are all more elaborate and showy than the finished version ends up being. That image above strikes me as falling into that trap but who knows?

13 hours ago, Broker said:

It’s fake specifically because the highlighted parts of the design are not ergonomic and serve zero purpose other than to waste space and plastic. It’s a bad design. Feel free to quote me in a few months.

19E6DDD1-530A-4D4D-BB58-78D6D10A03F2.thumb.jpeg.8184690e12be86373f24fb1fef4ec7bf.jpeg

7 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

It’s fake specifically because the highlighted parts of the design are not ergonomic and serve zero purpose other than to waste space and plastic. It’s a bad design. Feel free to quote me in a few months.

And that ridiculous slanted angle of the PS4 was the height of ergonomics was it? :lol:

18 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

In what way do you think ergonomics apply to a plastic box that sits under your telly? 
What do you think ergonomic means ? 

• Upvote 4

Just now, PeteBrant said:

In what way do you think ergonomics apply to a plastic box that sits under your telly? 

He wants to cuddle it.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

“relating to or designed for efficiency and comfort in the working environment.”

It is awkward how the drive is slanted away from you, it has plastic jutting out which essentially means it takes up more space than is necessary under your telly, it cannot sit flush with other devices (well it can sideways but will look messy). Given the shape of internal components it’s a wasteful design.

32 minutes ago, JPL said:

And that ridiculous slanted angle of the PS4 was the height of ergonomics was it? :lol:

Didn’t impact functionality, didn’t create the problems this design does. Also looked cool, whereas this looks naff.

2 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Also looked cool

Ok then.