rllmuk
Eighthours

PlayStation 5 - Mark Cerny reveals even more details in second WIRED exclusive

On 10/01/2020 at 20:19, Uncle Mike said:

My guess was that PSVR would be cross-compatible because Sony aren't crazy enough to try to launch a PSVR2 to a small install base, then we'd get a better headset if and when PS5 sold a lot. I wasn't aware there was more capability in the hardware.

They’ve already stated PSVR2 won’t launch with the console and PSVR will be supported.

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

I’m probably alone in thinking this but I’d love it if they went back to the original PS2 for the PS5, that really sharp boxy two tier design with the green and blue lights :wub:

Still think the PS2 is the best-looking PlayStation to date. Especially when stood upright.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

Ps2 used that font . 

4 hours ago, JPL said:

Nah, PS2 was a lot squarer. That’s where it started though.

4 hours ago, PeteBrant said:

Well you know what I mean . 

maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, PeteBrant said:

I’m not sure what your point is here 

Sorry.  I was just showing that actually you're both right and that you can see the evolution of the font.   That's all.   

Just now, rafaqat said:

Sorry.  I was just showing that actually you're both right and that you can see the evolution of the font.   That's all.   

Ah understood :thumbs up:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PC Master Race said:

Atari appreciate your praise.

image.png.ea4463d05bba260ef72369db15f19526.png

That looks more like an Xbox One S, the PS2 was a lot taller and thicker on the left hand side.

Yeah, PS2 was really square and they softened it off for PS3 (when they weren’t using the Spider-Man font) and they’ve only slightly tweaked it from there, if at all.

It’s a nice bit of consistent branding to use alongside the PlayStation logo.

This isn’t the most exciting conversation though, is it?!

15 minutes ago, gooner4life said:

That looks more like an Xbox One S, the PS2 was a lot taller and thicker on the left hand side.

Sony referenced the design in some of their PS2 patents.

6 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Also, so fuck?

How long have Nintendo used their Logo? 

Only since 2016.

• Upvote 1

Anyone else getting prototype Xbox vibes from those inward angles? It's just missing a giant coloured (blue, obviously) circle in the centre...

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, labarte said:

PS54CHAN.jpg

No idea if real, plausible though.

Anyone getting "conveniently out of focus given how good modern smartphones are" vibes?

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, footle said:

Anyone getting "conveniently out of focus given how good modern smartphones are" vibes?

Of course it’s fake, but where’s the fun in that?

40 minutes ago, footle said:

I’m guessing any people who do get the opportunity to take illegal secret pictures of these things don’t get a lot of time to make sure the camera focuses. Or it’s a larger image, secretly taken from a distance and with identifying features of the room cropped out.

• Upvote 1

I care what it looks like as much as I care about how series 1X looks. I.e. not in the slightest. It's what it does and what games it plays I care about, not the aesthetics of the plastic. It looks how it looks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

59 minutes ago, footle said:

"Ps5 to ship with stealth tech"

• Upvote 3

Maybe they’re hoping all those parents who don’t know anything about consoles just go in and ask for the X thing for little Jimmy.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, JPL said:

Maybe they’re hoping all those parents who don’t know anything about consoles just go in and ask for the X thing for little Jimmy.

Have we jumped back to 2001?

Who are these apocryphal parents that seemingly lose all intelliegence and just click the first console the see on Amazon, or just go into the shop and shout "CoNSolE, ConSOle" instead of buying the thing their child/partner/spouse/sibling has actually asked for?

17 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Have we jumped back to 2001?

Who are these apocryphal parents that seemingly lose all intelliegence and just click the first console the see on Amazon, or just go into the shop and shout "CoNSolE, ConSOle" instead of buying the thing their child/partner/spouse/sibling has actually asked for?

It was just a joke Pete.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JPL said:

It was just a joke Pete.

Yes I know mate . But it always gets wheeled out at some point about how parents are unable to differentiate words and letters ( only for games consoles )

13 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

Yes I know mate . But it always gets wheeled out at some point about how parents are unable to differentiate words and letters ( only for games consoles )

I know. That’s why I thought it was funny! Sorry. :blush: