PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Where have they said that?

Sony quote I just copied from

the Verge. 

“Additionally, we know that the PS4 community will transition to PS5 at different times, and we’re happy to announce PS4 versions of some of our exclusives. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West will also launch on PS4. While these three games were designed to take advantage of PS5 and its unique next-gen features like the ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense controller, PS4 owners will also be able to enjoy these experiences when they launch. The PS4 digital versions of launch games include a free upgrade on both PS5 consoles, while the PS4 disc versions of these games include a free upgrade on the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive.”

1 hour ago, wretcherd said:

Some of the games being cross-gen at least helps with the price.

Miles Morales for PS4 is £44.85 at Shopto, with a "PS5 upgrade available"

PS5 version is £51.85.

Doesn't say free though.

193493.jpg

Edit - I’m super confused.

Just saw the 12 game PS+ Collection dropping on PS5 in November, including God of War, Last Guardian, Resi 7, Monster Hunter World and Arkham Knight. None of which I ever finished.

That seals it for me, PS5 day one. Not going to turn my nose up at that lot.

The PS+ Collection is certainly something that plugs a bit of the gap in the proper "new games" catalogue I think (and those eye-watering £70 price tags!). On the list the ones I'm eyeing up that I haven't played are...

• Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Until Dawn

I may also play through Last of Us Remastered again at some point as a prelude to trying the second one which I intend to buy, and I'm also going to try and hunt down reasonably priced copies of Death Stranding and Ghosts of Tsushima which have been on the list for this generation. And... I've also got a copy of Horizon Zero Dawn sat here unplayed which I may hold on to till the 5 arrives to play the "Pro Version" of that too.

All that along with Cyberpunk and Squadrons on pre-order means I really don't think I'm going to struggle to find things to play on it for quite a while!*

* And I have an Xbox with Game Pass :blink:

16 minutes ago, womblingfree said:

Just saw the 12 game PS+ Collection dropping on PS5 in November, including God of War, Last Guardian, Resi 7, Monster Hunter World and Arkham Knight. None of which I ever finished.

That seals it for me, PS5 day one. Not going to turn my nose up at that lot.

you’ve sold them all since?

I had to wrinkle my nose at the PS Plus Collection announcement. Not that it's bad – great selection of games if you haven't played them – I was just hoping we might see a bit of movement regarding first-party titles on PS Now, which seems less likely given they're tying games to their other subscription service.

Frankly my main takeaway was to not expect any pleasant Plus surprises any time near launch; if they were confident in Plus's value I don't think the Collection would exist.

A lot of them have been on ps plus before so I think it would have made more impact if they saved the ones that haven't for the monthly ps plus games.

Imagine if December was God of War and The Last Guardian.

I know, people would still say "shit month".

33 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

Imagine if December was God of War and The Last Guardian.

I know, people would still say "shit month".

Yes and no, because while those are impressive in a vacuum, almost everyone who wanted to play them did so long ago. This is why Game Pass is way ahead of Plus right now, the latter still using the Platinum approach but with forced payment via the multiplayer paywall.

Sony won't do it because they don't need to, but I'd like them to split PS+ into £20pa for online play and £30 for these Platinums. Even better, just sell the games individually at a heavy discount. That would be a bit too consumer-weighted, so I think the split's a good middle ground. Almost everyone subs for online play and it's made Sony lazy.

2 hours ago, Vemsie said:

PS5 version of MM is free if you bought the PS4 version, but if you have Spider-Man you can't download the enhanced PS5 version it seems. Which is why I won't buy the Ultimate Edition.

:blink:

Ok, I’m lost now. I have Spider-man GOTY edition that has all the DLC so what does is this Ultimate edition? I’m assuming my safest bet is to just buy the PS5 version of Miles Morales at launch?

8 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

:blink:

Ok, I’m lost now. I have Spider-man GOTY edition that has all the DLC so what does is this Ultimate edition? I’m assuming my safest bet is to just buy the PS5 version of Miles Morales at launch?

Ultimate edition is only on PS5.

It's a remastered version of Spider-Man and the DLC along with Miles Morales.

Miles is on the disc. The Spidey remaster is on a code for download.

So the only way to play the remaster of Spider-Man is to buy the Ultimate Edition on PS5?

If that’s the case I’m ok with that as I played it to death and quite happy to just pick up MM on its own and see how much of a step forward it apparently is.

1 minute ago, MardiganX said:

So the only way to play the remaster of Spider-Man is to buy the Ultimate Edition on PS5?

If that’s the case I’m ok with that as I played it to death and quite happy to just pick up MM on its own and see how much of a step forward it apparently is.

Seems to be.

Waiting for the inevitable Geoff Keighley tweet to say it will also be stand alone on PSN as he seems to do a better job of PR for Sony than Sony themselves.

13 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

I doubt that’ll be the case, seeing as supposedly you won’t be able to buy the Ultimate Edition if you already own the PS4 game. I wouldn’t be surprised if they just do it as a free update. 

Just now, Mystacon said:

I doubt that’ll be the case, seeing as supposedly you won’t be able to buy the Ultimate Edition if you already own the PS4 game. I wouldn’t be surprised if they just do it as a free update. 

Where did you hear that?

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - Teardown Video Released
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released