PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released

3 hours ago, teddymeow said:

Hmm, despite TheGameCollection.net saying they don't take payment for pre-orders until a couple of days before launch they've taken the money for three games from me already.

They're really bad for this. Pre-ordered Watch Dogs Legion with them a few weeks ago, money was taken and when I contacted their CS they said that was normal and it should automatically be refunded within a few days. A couple of weeks later I just asked them to cancel the preorder as I hadn't had the money back and they blamed my bank and how they processed it. Never had this problem with preorders anywhere else.

5 hours ago, MardiganX said:

I wouldn't take it as guaranteed but I was on the Amazon Live Chat earlier just confirming some details about the order that will go to my brother and I asked about additional stock coming in, to which they said they expect to have more in prior to launch and plan to open it up as basically another pre-order window. Not sure how much truth there is in that, but I hope that is the case not just for Amazon but other places too.

I went on to ask the person if they would be comfortable with me sticking a weekly recurring catch-up in their diary just to make sure everything is still in place and so we can discuss any risks, issues and generally make sure they don't fuck things up. Apparently Amazon don't offer that service. I conveyed my surprise and disappointment but said I understand its a difficult time for them so will go without.

And a warning to all you on the fence people, not sure if you want a PS5 or whether this whole next gen thing is for you right now... I'm a fairly excitable guy when it comes to things I love and I'm behaving myself while all this pre-order nonsense gets resolved but in a week or so I'm going to be so in your face excited about the PS5 and the new games that its going to make you want to spend your kids Christmas money on one. You've all been warned. When the bubbles start they aint gonna stop!!

Bring on the bubbles man! It’s great to see some hype and excitement for those who’re interested in the next gen machines! I’m super pumped and only 8 weeks till DeS remake! :D 

16 hours ago, Minion said:

Anyone actually willing to pay £70 for Demons? I’m telling myself I’m strong enough to hold out but deep down I know I’m week. But if we all wait....

Without a doubt. I'll easily get my money's worth, looking at my playtime for other Soulsbornes.

That and Spidey (and Astro Bot, but that's a freebie) are the only PS5 games I'll likely play until Returnal is out, so I'm fine with paying 80 euros and diving in. 

11 hours ago, Broker said:

I love Bloodborne, but how much touching up does it really need? It’s only a few years old, will run on PS5 etc. Maybe if they added something or finished the cut bosses I’d be interested, but I wouldn’t want to pay for it again so soon, and I’ve played it tonnes and am fully planning to give the game another go via BC. Seems like a complete waste of time.

It's my favourite game ever but it runs poorly. If Bluepoint can get it to run at a locked 60 fps, that alone will make it worth it. It will improve the feel of it so much.

9 hours ago, Seamonster said:

The question I’m asking myself now is... will I be able to copy PT over to the PS5... and will it be backwards compatible.

"No" to the first one, probably. I don't see them doing a console to console copying thing (but it'd be pretty cool if they did).

17 hours ago, Minion said:

Anyone actually willing to pay £70 for Demons? I’m telling myself I’m strong enough to hold out but deep down I know I’m week. But if we all wait....

Me. I want a launch title with plenty of length, that I know I'll probably enjoy, that's not superheroes (I am so fed up of superheroes now) and looks amazing. All boxes ticked.

Although TBH, one of the first games going in the machine is TLOU2.

2 minutes ago, Spacehost said:

"No" to the first one, probably. I don't see them doing a console to console copying thing (but it'd be pretty cool if they did).

I am assuming, although with no details given on this, who actually knows, that you'd be able to use the PS4 to put all your games on an external drive, then if that into the PS5.

10 hours ago, rafaqat said:

I reckon it's coming to PC at some point.  Mistake in the trailer. How many times have you seen someone get the releases systems list wrong in their own game trailer?

They managed to forget to mention that it was a launch game, which I can’t think of any secret evil reason to do. Maybe be they really are that incompetent? 

18 minutes ago, SeanR said:

So, uh, how will ps+ and the free games work? Going forward.  Will there be ps5 games on offer? Or will they use it to punt out PS4 games and show backwards compatibility?

Maybe indies like at PS4 launch? There’s no way they’re giving away a free full price game a month, they only have about 5.

18 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

It's my favourite game ever but it runs poorly. If Bluepoint can get it to run at a locked 60 fps, that alone will make it worth it. It will improve the feel of it so much.

Meh. 60FPS is nice to have, but I’m not buying a game again for it.

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

So, uh, how will ps+ and the free games work? Going forward.  Will there be ps5 games on offer? Or will they use it to punt out PS4 games and show backwards compatibility?

I’m interested in this also, hopefully PS5 indie games will be added. 

2 hours ago, Marlew said:

You'll easily be able to find some converter out there. 

Not a bad idea. The problem I have is I do have a good surround system but obviously I can’t pass through 4K or hdr (I don’t think) and when using ARC I get audio latency so I have to use optical straight from the PS4 without pass through of the TV, and that means it’s 5.1 for gaming and nothing else.

Such a pain.

4 hours ago, Alex W. said:

I think Astro already announced a break-out adaptor?

They have, but you can already get adaptors that strip HDMI audio to an optical port, so theirs'll just be a more expensive version.

I also use optical for stereo speakers with my monitor, but have a USB-powered HDMI splitter for the projector I game on. I don't fancy nor really have room for another HDMI adaptor, so I can either use headphones with my monitor or just do nothing but game with it.

This is part of the reason a 3070's starting to make a lot more sense for me. I could use the PC with my speakers as normal, firing up the PJ (which has its own reasonable speakers) for gaming. That's what my PS4 does, and it actually fits on my desk so I don't have to run an Ethernet cable across the room to my router.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - Teardown Video Released
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released