PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released

27 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

I wouldn't take it as guaranteed but I was on the Amazon Live Chat earlier just confirming some details about the order that will go to my brother and I asked about additional stock coming in, to which they said they expect to have more in prior to launch and plan to open it up as basically another pre-order window. Not sure how much truth there is in that, but I hope that is the case not just for Amazon but other places too.

I went on to ask the person if they would be comfortable with me sticking a weekly recurring catch-up in their diary just to make sure everything is still in place and so we can discuss any risks, issues and generally make sure they don't fuck things up. Apparently Amazon don't offer that service. I conveyed my surprise and disappointment but said I understand its a difficult time for them so will go without.

And a warning to all you on the fence people, not sure if you want a PS5 or whether this whole next gen thing is for you right now... I'm a fairly excitable guy when it comes to things I love and I'm behaving myself while all this pre-order nonsense gets resolved but in a week or so I'm going to be so in your face excited about the PS5 and the new games that its going to make you want to spend your kids Christmas money on one. You've all been warned. When the bubbles start they aint gonna stop!!

have you thought about just calling a phone sex line and asking if you can talk about your PS5 order?

• Upvote 7
11 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Just watching a DF video and they suggest sony may dictate which ps4 games work on the ps5 and that's what their ps plus collection will be

On a side note Spiderman looks unbelievable 

Eh? Then what's the point in them saying most PS4 games will work? A white lie that needs an asterisk with the disclaimer "once we've certified and released them?"

25 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

Do we know how the digital upgrades are going to work?

If I wanted Miles Morales and CoD, say, is there any reason why I wouldn't buy the digital PS4 versions for (presumably) less, put them on my PS4 for the boy and then also download them on my spangly new PS5 and upgrade?

Well, I’d imagine they won’t be less, unless Sony really don’t want to sell the Ps5 version / really are that stupid.

The upgrade might mean you can’t play the PS4 version any more, which is less likely with physical.

Either way, not sure why anyone would buy the Ps5 version at all if it means you can play both.

It (the DF thing) seems unlikely given that they literally just told the Washington Post 99% of the games would work and told another paper that they had put a strong focus on letting people play their PS4 games so it wouldn’t sadly do PS1-3.

Actually the PS5 web page also now says you can play your PS4 games on there.

Just now, Freeman said:

Well, I’d imagine they won’t be less, unless Sony really don’t want to sell the Ps5 version / really are that stupid.

The upgrade might mean you can’t play the PS4 version any more, which is less likely with physical.

Either way, not sure why anyone would buy the Ps5 version at all if it means you can play both.

That's what I was thinking. Hopefully this gets clarified before release. 

1 hour ago, teddymeow said:

Looks. So. Good.

Shame it doesn't look like it'll be out this year. :(

It's my most wanted game. Was already three years in development before the pandemic hit, so I don't think we'll have to wait long.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Just watching a DF video and they suggest sony may dictate which ps4 games work on the ps5 and that's what their ps plus collection will be

On a side note Spiderman looks unbelievable 

As usual with DF, sounds like absolute bollocks. They’ve said over and over that 99% of games will work, having ten available is not 99%.

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, Minion said:

Anyone actually willing to pay £70 for Demons? I’m telling myself I’m strong enough to hold out but deep down I know I’m week. But if we all wait....

Give it a weak.

• Upvote 5
2 hours ago, squirtle said:

That has been rumoured for a while now. Something Bluepoint may have done after finishing DS-a polish job of BB for PC and PS5.

Given the same people were saying DS was finished and a launch title back then might lend this a bit more credibility. They'd also said no Elden Ring this year but From fans were still going to be really happy.

• Upvote 1

I love Bloodborne, but how much touching up does it really need? It’s only a few years old, will run on PS5 etc. Maybe if they added something or finished the cut bosses I’d be interested, but I wouldn’t want to pay for it again so soon, and I’ve played it tonnes and am fully planning to give the game another go via BC. Seems like a complete waste of time.

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, Broker said:

I love Bloodborne, but how much touching up does it really need? It’s only a few years old, will run on PS5 etc. Maybe if they added something or finished the cut bosses I’d be interested, but I wouldn’t want to pay for it again so soon, and I’ve played it tonnes and am fully planning to give the game another go via BC. Seems like a complete waste of time.

Completely agree.

I really enjoyed it but still prefer Demon's Souls and DS1. 60fps and scant loading might be enough for some at the right price, though.

• Upvote 1
44 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Hmm, despite TheGameCollection.net saying they don't take payment for pre-orders until a couple of days before launch they've taken the money for three games from me already.

I hadn't seen that, I've been charged as well and nothing to let me know. Contacted them about it, but might just cancel it.

5 minutes ago, JPR said:

I hadn't seen that, I've been charged as well and nothing to let me know. Contacted them about it, but might just cancel it.

Glad it isn't just me.

Out of interest - what games? 

I did Sackboy, CoD and Destruction All-Stars.

5 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Glad it isn't just me.

Out of interest - what games? 

I did Sackboy, CoD and Destruction All-Stars.

Demon's Souls, so I guess they're charging for any PS5 game.

5 hours ago, Triple A said:

re carry over - I would have thought so, certainly when both PS5 system and PS4 digital purchases are of the same region.

A big question for me though is whether a UK-bought PS5 will run the PS4 games that I bought from the Japanese PS Store. I don't suppose we'll get the answer for that until PS5 is released and folks have tested this.

re run better - some PS4 games will run in PS5 boost mode whatever that is, not sure if is same as PS4 Pro or better

Assuming you set up a Japanese account for the Japanese store games then I assume you just need to log in with that account on the PS5 and download the games.

I'm hoping Sony merge accounts from different regions and just have one account that handles all regions but it's probably too much faff for them at this stage.

3 minutes ago, rafaqat said:

I reckon it's coming to PC at some point.  Mistake in the trailer. How many times have you seen someone get the releases systems list wrong in their own game trailer?

Well, they seemed to forget that Spider-Man, Sackboy and the new Horizon game are coming to PS4...

• Upvote 3
59 minutes ago, Steven said:

60fps and scant loading might be enough for some at the right price, though.

thats just DeS emulated on PC! :P yes, really, it runs at 60, and the loads are about 3 seconds

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - Teardown Video Released
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released