PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released

6 minutes ago, Marlew said:

I got £180 for my One X last week, will flog the Pro tomorrow and see what I can get. 

Indeed... Have Last of us 1 and 2, DriveClub headset and Pro (new version). What do you think £200?

EDIT: For the console, £162 cash at Game similiar at CEX. Not too bad if you want to move it on with least hassle....

2 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Finally managed to log in to shopto & had this on my pre-order.

image.png

Yeah everyone has that. I think what they're doing is putting people in a queue based on the date they registered their interest and are allowing everyone who did so a week to confirm if they still want to preorder or not (you can't preorder now if you didn't register your interest first). Then once they know final preorder numbers by the 24th, and know their allocation, they'll be able to confirm if you'll get one on launch or not.

3 minutes ago, Majora said:

Yeah everyone has that. I think what they're doing is putting people in a queue based on the date they registered their interest and are allowing everyone who did so a week to confirm if they still want to preorder or not (you can't preorder now if you didn't register your interest first). Then once they know final preorder numbers by the 24th, and know their allocation, they'll be able to confirm if you'll get one on launch or not.

That is a sensible approach, let's see what happens on the 24th.

12 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Finally managed to log in to shopto & had this on my pre-order.

image.png

Yeah that's why I went with argos as it just seems a bit vague. Cancelled mine this morning.

1 minute ago, Minion said:

Yeah that's why I went with argos as it just seems a bit vague. Cancelled mine this morning.

Tried Argos but could not get past the checkout page kept crashing.

24 minutes ago, Minion said:

Anyone looking for a good deal on PSN, ShopTo have it for £40, just topped mine up.

Just to confirm, if I purchase one, I can have it an wait til I have the PS5 and them redeem it right? Assume they just provide a code and I just input whenever I wish?

Sorry if a basic query, just don't want to buy it now and won't work when I try to add it via the PS5.

1 minute ago, grounded_dreams said:

Just to confirm, if I purchase one, I can have it an wait til I have the PS5 and them redeem it right? Assume they just provide a code and I just input whenever I wish?

Sorry if a basic query, just don't want to buy it now and won't work when I try to add it via the PS5.

Add it to your PSN account now, it will stay their in your wallet. Turn on 2FA on your account if you have not done already.

Just now, grounded_dreams said:

Yes I'm pretty sure it doesn't expire at least not in the next couple of months, best to double check with ShopTo or read the small print though as I'm not 100% on that.

3 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Have they confirmed whether or not buying PS4 Miles Morales will provide you with a free PS5 upgrade?

Read this article

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/16/21440554/sony-ps5-launch-games-free-upgrades-ps4-spiderman-miles-morales-horizon-forbidden-west

Additionally, we know that the PS4 community will transition to PS5 at different times, and we’re happy to announce PS4 versions of some of our exclusives. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West will also launch on PS4. While these three games were designed to take advantage of PS5 and its unique next-gen features like the ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense controller, PS4 owners will also be able to enjoy these experiences when they launch. The PS4 digital versions of launch games include a free upgrade on both PS5 consoles, while the PS4 disc versions of these games include a free upgrade on the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive.

2 minutes ago, Minion said:

Damn, did you not get confirmation whilst ordering?

I was going through all the 2FA with my card then when the payment was finally confirmed the screen just froze then got an error

19 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

Argos crashed at checkout. Have the payment pending on my card but the PS5 isn't showing in my order history so fuck knows if I got one or not.

Ditto. Am in a 30min-long virtual queue to their customer services currently, to try and sort this out.

23 minutes ago, MattyP said:

Indeed... Have Last of us 1 and 2, DriveClub headset and Pro (new version). What do you think £200?

EDIT: For the console, £162 cash at Game similiar at CEX. Not too bad if you want to move it on with least hassle....

I got £220 for a slim with a few games (games were maybe worth £20)

Try sticking it on Facebook marketplace and gumtree first. 

Just now, p1nseeker said:

I was going through all the 2FA with my card then when the payment was finally confirmed the screen just froze then got an error

Ahh shit dude sorry to hear that, I guess you could try contacting them to confirm but that doesn't sound too good, I got an email with my order number almost immediately, that was at 5:45 though before the site was getting hammered.

Just now, Triple A said:

Ditto. Am in a 30min-long virtual queue to their customer services currently, to try and sort this out.

Just to let you know Argos order system is fucked right now. 

I had to return a faulty item with them but 90% of my orders said "No order available" when I actually clicked on it. All it would show was the order no and price before I clicked it.

3 phone calls and 4 live chats got me nowhere but then I eventually spoke to a guy who knew what he was talking about and he put me through to card services who pulled all the reciept details.

My orders history is still fucked. 

1 hour ago, gospvg said:
  Hide contents

We want to give gamers clarity, we want to give them certainty,” Ryan said. “We want to future proof them so that they know the console they buy will be relevant in several years time. It’s a considerable capital outlay, and we want to make sure people know they are buying a true next-generation console."

This is in stark contrast to the Xbox series of consoles, S and X, which offer more nuanced differences (4K vs. 1440p resolution being one example), with an even greater price difference of $299 and $499 respectively. While the Xbox Series S will be the cheapest next-generation game console, Microsoft has caught some heat for a confusing branding strategy.

Microsoft to release $299 Xbox Series S, a smaller console with a smaller price, Nov. 10

Ryan also claims that the pricing of the PlayStation 5 machines was decided “quite early this year,” and that Sony always intended to offer a version of the PlayStation 5 at the same price point as 2013′s PlayStation 4. The coronavirus pandemic hit, however, and new issues about distribution emerged. The canceling of the E3 event in June caused the entire industry to reconsider its plans.

For now, Ryan said Sony will have more PlayStation 5 units ready for sale than they had PlayStation 4 units in 2013. About 2.1 million PlayStation 4 units sold worldwide two weeks after its 2013 launch, with a million in the first day alone.

“For quite some time, in the early part of covid, that picture was far from clear,” Ryan said. “Just as the supply things was unclear, would there be any market? Would anyone be allowed to go outside? Would any shops be open? This has been a year like no other. But all of that just reinforced our resolve, and the path we determined at the start of the year was absolutely the right one.”

Ryan said he’s heard a lot of discussion about PlayStation’s more old-fashioned approach to the gaming business, betting on its suite of first-party developer studios to deliver exclusive titles on a generational basis.

“We’re not saying it’s perfect, but it’s our approach. We like it,” Ryan said. “We just like to be a bit more nuanced.”

No one can argue against the success of that approach. The PlayStation 4, with more than 112 million consoles sold over seven years, has had a stellar year with exclusive titles like “The Last of Us Part II,” “Ghost of Tsushima” and “Final Fantasy VII: Remake,” which take up three of the top five spots for best-selling titles in 2020 so far.

What makes a remake? We asked the “Final Fantasy VII: Remake” and “Resident Evil” developers.

“We have quietly but very steadily been investing in those studios,” Ryan said. “We now have, I humbly submit, four or five of the best studios in the world."

While it wasn’t mentioned in Sony’s official announcement, developers of certain games later confirmed that PS5 exclusives like “Horizon: Forbidden West” and “Spider-Man: Miles Morales” aren’t exclusive at all. They’re both releasing PS4 versions, which may irritate a few Sony fans who took to heart Sony’s commitment to “next gen” development. The belief is that developing games across generations stifles creativity, and hampers the technological ambitions of the game, since it has to cater to an audience with less powerful machines.

“No one should be disappointed,” Ryan said. “The PS5 versions of those games are built from the ground up to take advantage of the PS5 feature set, and we have an upgrade path for PS4 users to get the PS5 versions for free. It’s about people having choice. I’m really quite pleased about the situation.”

Ryan also said that of the thousands of games tested for PS4 backwards compatibility, “99 percent” can be played on the next console. Sony also announced a new service called PS Plus Collection, which will offer 18 PS4 first-party titles for download to subscribers to the PlayStation online service. It’s a tremendous freebie for anyone who plays their PlayStation online, and a good entry point for anyone new to Sony properties like “The Last of Us.”

Ryan said he expects up to four years for the PlayStation 4′s expected life span, which makes sense considering the console’s large install base. The PlayStation 2 had a life span of about 13 years, and developers continued to support it several years after the PlayStation 3 approached its middle age.

“The PS4 community will continue to be incredibly important to us for three or four years,” Ryan said. “Many will transition to PS5, we hope if we do our job well, but tens of millions will still be engaged with the PS4.”

Sony has also expressed increasing interest in porting games to the PC, as we saw earlier this year with the releases of “Death Stranding” and “Horizon: Zero Dawn.” Sony has also been pushing its brands and characters to film and TV shows, with an “Uncharted” Tom Holland vehicle and “The Last of Us” HBO show in the works.

“The vision is that while we very much respect the primacy of PlayStation as the principle resting place for the great gaming intellectual property we have, we kind of think it’s time to explore extending the IP,” Ryan said. “We think both of these steps are perfectly logical and rational things for us to do. We should be making that IP work a bit harder as an acquisition tool for the PlayStation community."

Full article copy/paste in spoiler

Do you still think the Xbox announcement surprised them in any way?

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - Teardown Video Released
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released