PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released

If anything, this sudden release of the PS5 is kinda exciting!

If anything it meant it was more likely to get one compared to M$ giving us all a heads up.

Servers worldwide are bracing themselves. A thousand forums of geeks are about to descend upon them. Their keyboards will blot out the internet. 

• Upvote 3
3 minutes ago, AI1 said:

I remember Street Fighter II costing £64.99 on the SNES. Turok on the N64 £69.99 plus a £20 Memory Pak was required to save your game progress.

Whatcha all moaning about these prices for? Cough up.

Because games are shite now. 

;)

Argos preorders go live tomorrow folks. 

If any of you plan on preordering there can you let me know if they give an option for store pick up.

Im getting my SX at Argos (I have £500 credit) and would like to know. 

Will that new Sony wireless headset be compatible with XSX? I know it comes with a usb dongle to connect but I'm not sure. 

Are there probably better headsets out there for the same price? It's something I don't know much about. 

38 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Midnight, according to a post from their Twitter account.

(EDIT - they originally said midnight, now a vague 'sometime early morning')

That’s how Argos usually works. All their offers theoretically launch at midnight but never actually do. Usually about 45 mins later.

I managed to bag 2 pre orders for the digital last night.

I think I’ve got a higher than average chance of getting one on launch day. I’ve told everyone at work if they don’t manage to source one then they can buy the theoretical 2nd console off me for cost price.

Might have to be a name in the hat kinda thing.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Ferine said:

They have, but it remains to be seen whether it means anything. The second one retailer breaks rank it's another free-for-all, just as we've seen with PS5; pre-orders weren't supposed to open until today, not last night.

One wonders if that’s because of the apparent rushed nature of the announcement/response - perhaps they couldn’t get a clear enough message to retailers on when preorders should have gone live and there was confusion. 

57 minutes ago, Ry said:

Will that new Sony wireless headset be compatible with XSX? I know it comes with a usb dongle to connect but I'm not sure. 

Probably- the Sony virtual surround headsets on PS4 were all compatible with Switch/ PC/ whatever over USB, but only for stereo sound.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, monkeydog said:

It's all the geeky ex-Demon Internet support staff I'm sure. It's not the typical population. :D

44 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

That would be me then :)

and me, but not in Southend. Except for that week of training... Gateway House, yeah? With the Tetris machine in the canteen.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

Thamesgate House, close enough :)

I too worked in Thamesgate House, but much later for C&W when they took over Thus. For a year. I did nothing. Did you know Fox?

3 minutes ago, Pockets said:

I too worked in Thamesgate House, but much later for C&W when they took over Thus. For a year. I did nothing. Did you know Fox?

Yeah, I was there throughout all their different names, Demon Internet, Scottish Power, Thus Plc, Cable and Wireless and then finally Vodafone.

I remember Fox who was in the support department.

Apologies derailing the thread.

Just realised the only game I have pre-ordered so far is Cyberpunk 2077 which comes out on the same day. Not sure to start with I'll just play that, the PS+ games you can download.

Plus, I assume all the digital titles I have purchased on the PS4 would be available to download again and play right? I've backed up all the saves files from them from the console onto a USB stick just incase.

As I understand it with ShopTo, registering your interest put you in a queue. After confirming your preorder, in a few days, ShopTo will go to Sony and say we need for example 20,000 units.

Sony will either say yes or no.  Based on their allocation, they will email people to let them know if they are good for day 1.

I suspect other retailers are doing the same.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, AceGrace said:

As I understand it with ShopTo, registering your interest put you in a queue. After confirming your preorder, in a few days, ShopTo will go to Sony and say we need for example 20,000 units.

Sony will either say yes or no.  Based on their allocation, they will email people to let them know if they are good for day 1.

I suspect other retailers are doing the same.

Makes sense I guess. Sony will be churning them out as quick as they can so sending them to the stores with confirmed orders and the right amount makes it a little more efficient I guess,

1 hour ago, Billy Brown said:

They did for the Xbox One launch.

Hmmm, got both a PS4 and Switch at launch from them, no forced bundles. If they try to force anything I'll just cancel and use my Amazon preorder instead but given the way they're going about preorders it seems unlikely imo.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - Teardown Video Released
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released