PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released

28 minutes ago, Minion said:

Yeah but you get legal weed so stop complaining! And mountains to slide down!

If it's legal weed you're looking for, but don't mind missing out on the mountains, our lovely Dutch land of the Netherlands is just a stone's throw away. Easier move, and more convenient if you want to keep visiting relatives in the UK.

And probably more people here speak English than in Canada :P

1 minute ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

If it's legal weed you're looking for, but don't mind missing out on the mountains, our lovely Dutch land of the Netherlands is just a stone's throw away. Easier move, and more convenient if you want to keep visiting relatives in the UK. 

Sounds good. When do pre-orders open?

I have a preorder with ShopTo so will wait and see what happens with that but I’ll probably cancel unless my son wants to take it on, he still seems keen at the moment.

Announcing Spider-Man and Horizon for PS4 just killed the little enthusiasm I had. This could be the point I start this gen with an XBox, first since 360.

I've been submerged in this pre-ordering for the last 10 hours. I always thought digital would be the more popular but I can't believe by how much, I thought it might by 60-70% but it's more like 90% I think. It means there will be less 2nd hand games being sold in shops from the off, if one thing is clear, it's that physical retail stores are in for a rough ride. The consumer has spoken.

I was 2nd in line at the opening of a store today, digital was already sold out, they were pooling from their online system which had been open for several hours. 

Assassins Creed Black Flag (and maybe a few others) were released as cross generation back when the PS4 first launched were they not? There was a gap between them being released, like the duel entitlement upgrade, but you had to buy a new copy if you wanted to play on PS4, so this cross gen release stuff isn't anything new. It just feels quite jarring because pretty much everything that up until now has been teased as purely next gen is now apparently not :(

12 minutes ago, Capwn said:

I've been submerged in this pre-ordering for the last 10 hours. I always thought digital would be the more popular but I can't believe by how much, I thought it might by 60-70% but it's more like 90% I think. It means there will be less 2nd hand games being sold in shops from the off, if one thing is clear, it's that physical retail stores are in for a rough ride. The consumer has spoken.

I was 2nd in line at the opening of a store today, digital was already sold out, they were pooling from their online system which had been open for several hours. 

I don't know if it's that the digital version is the more popular so much as Sony are just producing a lot less of the digital version so they're selling out quicker. Hearing some GameStop stores in the US haven't been allocated any digital consoles at all and the allocation split I'm hearing from GAME stores in the UK is like 80-20 for the disc version.

9 minutes ago, viewtiful jim said:

Preorders back up on GAME:

disc:

https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/playstation-5-console-2826338

digital console (standalone) is out of stock, but is available if bought with extras.

Full listings page with various other accessories with console:

https://www.game.co.uk/en/m/hardware/playstation-5?cm_mn=MobileTopNav-_-PlayStation5_Consoles&mobileFlag=true#Page0

But still cant login in to your Game account to make sure all the correct details are in place or confirm that the order you had to do as a Guest last night went through. The speed that other places have got their pre-orders sold out is fine. But Game's handling of the whole thing online has been a fucking catastrophe.

• Pob unpinned this topic
26 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Top tip from married guy: wait until she's in a good mood.

This is how Sony should be pushing people to go all-digital.

"Sure it's a £20 extra a pop, but no packages arrive to give you away when you buy a new game."

Perfect for CoD addicts, all new games look like grey/brown shootymans, she'll not be able to tell the difference!

10 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

Had an email from TheGameCollection.net saying they were taking pre-orders.

Thanks just grabbed one via that! I think they are taking the money straight away, but that might be because I used paypal. Not sure.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-17-ps5-is-a-surefire-hit-but-sonys-broken-promises-are-eroding-trust

In August, Sony confirmed the PS4 Dualshock won't work with PS5 games. Explaining its decision, Sony said it believed "PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we're bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller".

Well, if Spider-Man: Miles Morales is coming out on PS4, why can't you play it on a PS5 with a DualShock?

"I think it's safe to say, we'll let you know when pre-orders will happen," PlayStation worldwide marketing head, Eric Lempel said.

"It's not going to happen with a minute's notice. We're going to at some point let you know when you can pre-order a PS5 so please don't feel like you have to go run and line up anywhere until you receive official notice on how that will work."

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

There's no way they didn't know all those games were cross-gen months ago. Just for example.

Yeah that is odd, especially after the talk of generational leaps. The pre-orders though they just wanted to get in before MS.

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - Teardown Video Released
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released