PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released

4 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

I'm expecting (hoping for) a huge blowout on Miles Morales, an announcement for God Of War 2, and maybe a tease of Silent Hill. Possibly a new Gran Turismo?

Then a £600 price tag.

you need an announcement for God of War 2 (God of War 8 in the main series, God of War 15 if you count outliers, remasters and collections) to know it’s coming?!

2022, I assume, assuming Horizon is next years big game.

33 minutes ago, Droo said:

Maybe they’re going to announce the whole

things been cancelled.

the PS5 causes Covid. 

Or they can't in good conscience recommend it any more as the Series S represents such good value for money and direct you to site for MS preorders.

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, mexos said:

GT 7 launch title let's GO!

Release date holiday 2025

We see the launch window as more of a glass palace, refracting prisms of light to illuminate your next gen experience. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Alex W. said:

That’d really bring the arcade experience in to the living room, you’d need two people and a trolley to move it.

And a scratch & sniff card to give off the familiar odours if stale sweat & cigarette smoke. 

I remember paying a lot of attention to the relative prices of a gamecube and an xbox back in the day. Then I played co-op Halo at a promo event and none of the numbers mattered one jot. I needed an xbox.

Obviously Halo is an extreme example, but the point is, all Sony need is one exclusive and truly enticing launch game to render all Microsoft's pricing worthless.

A lovely chunk of Demon Souls and perhaps a spiritual successor to Silent Hills being announced tonight - and billions of dollars of revenue in the long run will be theirs.

Saw a MGS rumour last night. I'd love to think Sony have said, look, you tossers, here's a bag of cash to let you let us make some of your IPs this gen. Unless Konami have major plans to gear up/fund console game production in the near future, I don't see how they lose out.

11 minutes ago, barkbat said:

Obviously Halo is an extreme example, but the point is, all Sony need is one exclusive and truly enticing launch game to render all Microsoft's pricing worthless.

A lovely chunk of Demon Souls.

This will fit the bill for me.

Whilst we await more news tonight, a couple of niche snippets:

According to Astro the PS5 doesn't have optical out, as they're releasing an HDMI-to-optical adapter. Not too surprising – the XSX doesn't, either – but a bit of an annoyance for some. For those using headphones I imagine plugging them directly into the DualSense will be the easiest solution.

However, apparently the PS5 will support Wi-Fi6. Not relevant to most people, but as someone with a suitable router – and for who Ethernet isn't an option – I'm glad it'll be using the latest standard.

3 minutes ago, Ferine said:

Whilst we await more news tonight, a couple of niche snippets:

According to Astro the PS5 doesn't have optical out, as they're releasing an HDMI-to-optical adapter. Not too surprising – the XSX doesn't, either – but a bit of an annoyance for some. For those using headphones I imagine plugging them directly into the DualSense will be the easiest solution.

However, apparently the PS5 will support Wi-Fi6. Not relevant to most people, but as someone with a suitable router – and for who Ethernet isn't an option – I'm glad it'll be using the latest standard.

Hopefully the next gen of mix amps will have HD audio, as much as I love my Astro kit it’s a shame we are stuck with a lossy sound format...

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - Teardown Video Released
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released
  • Pob pinned this topic
  • Pob unpinned this topic