PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released

4 minutes ago, gospvg said:

So what are saying for UK pricing? £399 /£499?

I think they might go £479/£379 here. For some reason I’ve got in my head that Sony alway like a weird 30/80 type of price point. 

3 hours ago, gospvg said:

The PS5’s system-on-a-chip, its core processing component designed by AMD, is said to be a particular issue with yields as low as 50 percent at one point, meaning that half the parts produced weren’t fit to ship. While that figure has been improving, according to Bloomberg, the yields are “yet to reach a stable level.”

Are we looking at potential hardware issues for the first batch of consoles, what if the 50% that got through develop issues later?

Tempted to sit out these first batch of consoles now.

Every item you’ve ever owned with a microchip in it cane to you via a similar process. Yield rate issues aren’t indicative of failure rates on products.

2 hours ago, Broker said:

Every item you’ve ever owned with a microchip in it cane to you via a similar process. Yield rate issues aren’t indicative of failure rates on products.

Ssssshhh :quote:.  No @gospvg you should definitely sit out the first batch, there’s going to be bits falling off all over the place!

• Upvote 3
5 hours ago, Stanley said:

Man, what do you listen to? 

Sometimes people release music that doesn't chart. It's not like there's only allowed to be 40 songs a week!

For all I know I've listened to chart stuff, but since I'm not 25 anymore I don't listen to radio 1 to find out.

• Upvote 3
51 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Sometimes people release music that doesn't chart. It's not like there's only allowed to be 40 songs a week!

For all I know I've listened to chart stuff, but since I'm not 25 anymore I don't listen to radio 1 to find out.

Ok! I’m not sure where the whole chart thing came from :unsure:

1 hour ago, Super Craig said:

The accessories are definitely going to be where they get some of their loss back. Hopefully, the PS4 camera can be used for PS VR.

I'm curious to see if they explain how VR will continue for existing owners past 'it works'.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Steven said:

I'm curious to see if they explain how VR will continue for existing owners past 'it works'.

owner of the psvr, or a ps4?

because it'll be better.

the same way that psvr is better on a ps4 pro

but I think this example is bullshit, surely?

Spoiler

9zsc42om2hsz.jpg

2 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

I'm expecting (hoping for) a huge blowout on Miles Morales, an announcement for God Of War 2, and maybe a tease of Silent Hill. Possibly a new Gran Turismo?

That's already a thing, where have you been? :lol:

• Upvote 1

I’ll be so glad when these things are finally out and on the shelves, if only because it will spell an end to the seemingly ceaseless speculation, rumours and merry-go-round of complete bullshit from self-proclaimed insiders, sources of highly dubious origin or whatever two-bit YouTuber or Twitter shit-stirrer feels like adding some followers on any given day.

I know it’s all part of the fun of an impending console generation but fuck me I swear it’s never been as bad as it has been this time round. To think that some people follow and analyse all this shit for a living boggles my mind.

Price, date, launch games tomorrow please and then we can all just go to bed and never have to read another tweet of made-up bollocks ever again (fat chance).

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

If yields are low, why would they reduce their order? Surely they'd still be needing the consoles?

No point ordering the assembly of 15 million consoles in 6 months if you’ll only have the CPUs available in that time period to make 11 million of them.

7 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

They don’t seem as chummy with Sony as they are with MS though. Getting to see the Series S before probably anyone else outside of MS was quite the scoop.

They got an exclusive Cerny tech briefing immediately after the PS5 reveal, so there’s some courting going on there. I wonder if the two companies compete?

• gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - Teardown Video Released
  • gospvg changed the title to PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20 - UI Video Released
  • Pob pinned this topic
  • Pob unpinned this topic