rllmuk
Eighthours

PlayStation 5: Launch is 19/11/20. £360 digital, £450 full fat. Launch games £70?!?!

Has Pete Brant said why it's now ok to be that shape?

Not trolling. I don't follow this thread just up with my daughter and going slowly mad. 

3 hours ago, Horribleman said:

Has Pete Brant said why it's now ok to be that shape?

Not trolling. I don't follow this thread just up with my daughter and going slowly mad. 

I said the render was fake, which it was. Not that the actual design of it was fake

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 2

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 15:46, PeteBrant said:

The amusing thing about this post is that I PM’d @Stanley and @Alex W. On Friday and told them exactly how I knew the render was not genuine . 

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 15:57, PeteBrant said:

I thought about it and decided against it . Like I said I’m not privy to any information , I will say  the render has something on it that does not belong there and is clear indication that someone has been on the internet to grab images to help create the render .

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 17:38, PeteBrant said:

Christ almighty . It’s not cos I want attention. I noticed something quite unique about the render . And the reason I spotted it is potentially personal information I would rather not share publically . When a couple of people asked what it was I pmd them directly to tell them because I trusted them with that information . It’s nothing earth shattering , just an amusing observation. 

I was explicit I was about talking about the render 'cos I knew that some smart arse would throw it up when the actual dev kit looked like the drawings.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

Aren’t all renders, by their very nature, “fake” ? They’re an artists impression, not a photo. So the question is whether the render was accurate, which it appears to be. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, Pete was probably saying that the render wasn't a real thing you could reach into your screen and pick uo.

• Upvote 5

I forsee the actual retail unit having one quadrant styled to look like the corresponding corner of the PS1, another like PS2, another like PS3, PS4, etc. Kinda like a 4 seasons pizza.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

I forsee the actual retail unit having one quadrant styled to look like the corresponding corner of the PS1, another like PS2, another like PS3, PS4, etc. Kinda like a 4 seasons pizza.

I kinda would like that because it would look great next to my Steel Batallion controller

PS4 was a parallelogram, I want PS5 to look like a rhombus.

No, wait, a Complex Quadrilateral!

quadrilateral-complex.gif

Edited by wretcherd
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Super Craig said:

They need to embrace the PS4 design and go full Battenberg.

4 decker!

Anyone got Mark Cerny's number? I have a cracking idea for PS5.

Ok so you know how they're saying you'll have more granular control over what sections of the game install? What about if, as soon as you buy the game, you can play it on PSNow, until the bit you want is installed, then it seamlessly transitions from the streamed game to your locally installed copy - same game state, saves etc? From then on it can keep installing the rest of the game in the background.

It'll give you instant access to the games you buy, with no need to wait on downloading and installing!

• Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Ok so you know how they're saying you'll have more granular control over what sections of the game install? What about if, as soon as you buy the game, you can play it on PSNow, until the bit you want is installed, then it seamlessly transitions from the streamed game to your locally installed copy - same game state, saves etc? From then on it can keep installing the rest of the game in the background.

It'll give you instant access to the games you buy, with no need to wait on downloading and installing!

That is a cracking idea. Seriously, that would be a brilliant feature.

28 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

As long as you're already talking to Mark, ask him to fix PSN on PS5 and fucking make use of my full download speed already. On Steam I'm playing even 50GB games in a matter of minutes, while PSN crawls along at on fifth of my maximum speed. That would already go a long way. Thanks, Mark.

• Upvote 1

Tbh there might be problems with it. Imagine when the next COD or FIFA is released - hundreds of thousands of folk suddenly bombing their PSNow servers to start playing. It would probably melt the servers.

Well, at least make it as fast as the Xbox servers then :( It just takes so frustratingly long on PSN. I buy everything digitally nowadays and  even when they're having a good sale I'm loath to buy anything big because I know I won't be able to quickly check it out.

But on the other hand, Mark knows I'm going to buy a PS5 whatever happens, so why listen to me? Thanks for nothing, Mark.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Well, at least make it as fast as the Xbox servers then :(

Arent Sony switching to using Microsoft's Azure for PSNow streaming?

If they’re launching in calendar year 2020, it’ll have to be relatively early. Probably like the PS4 they’ll have an announcement event in the spring, then pricing and availability announced around E3 for an autumn launch.

• Upvote 1

On 24/10/2019 at 13:28, mansizerooster said:

won't your psnow lag to hell when your connection is being maxxed out as the PS5 is trying to download the game at same time it is streaming it to you?

EDIT - or if it is a disc copy updating with a day one patch of multi-gig in size.