Assetto Corsa Competizione

1 minute ago, extremepabs said:

Apologies to WillMill for our first race shunt my fault my internet messed up and dropped me from the server.

Second night race was brilliant though. 

No problem, I would have spun off at the next corner anyway :)

21 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

You may want to take a look at that second round results . Although no points at stake I left after the second corner so I’m quite surprised to see Meers behind me ? 

Meers got DQ'd for driving the wrong way after the chequered flag.

I had a mare today!  Couldn't keep the car on the track :( partly because I'm rubbish and inconsistent with any car other than the Ferrari, but I was feeling so knackered due to over-working (I nearly didn't race) and it showed in my driving unfortunately. 

Shame, cause in the second race I was quite well placed and had a great battle chasing @batistutauk and with @Valver closing right in on me, but I lost it a couple of mins before the end.

2 hours ago, Valver said:

Heads up. For those interested in joining the end of season GT4 race, the DLC is currently on sale on Steam...

Great spot, I hadn't bought it yet. :hat:

14 hours ago, Thor said:

Hope @Valver is uploading the highlights. Here's my battle with @SANtoOos for the last few laps of the second race.  

Amazing battle guys! 

I really enjoyed last night. Race 1 was really good for me, defo stressful being chased down by @Thor and @SANtoOos at the end though.

Race 2 was more eventful, I think I was carrying damage after the turn 4 chaos so didn't have the pace the car should have been capable of. Still had a really nice battle through the field, being @Count Buffalos' wingman for most of it! 

@SANtoOos Put in two blistering laps (a 1:38!) to chase me down, had he made his pass stick for the remainder of the lap he'd have won I reckon. I was carrying way too much fuel, and got lucky when avoiding the early collisions. Defensive driving FTW! 

10 minutes ago, Thor said:

@SANtoOos Put in two blistering laps (a 1:38!) to chase me down, had he made his pass stick for the remainder of the lap he'd have won I reckon. I was carrying way too much fuel, and got lucky when avoiding the early collisions. Defensive driving FTW! 

Wow didn't realise I put in 1:38s! My mission this week was to have 2 solid races so I'm really happy with that. I set the car up to understeer and was quite chill in the first race and didn't actually enjoy driving it, but finished safe and sound. 2nd race I reverted to quali setup and the pace was awesome and I loved the car, I drive much better in lower track temps in this game. 

@Thornext time I pass you can you not immediately pass me back again, think it's the third time this happened that would be great please thanks :P

Unexpectedly got the day off work so just having a go offline at Kyalami, what a fun track! @davejm I think the server is still forcing us to pick the Lambos. Sorry you had a mare, must have been so intense those 18h days

1 hour ago, SANtoOos said:

Unexpectedly got the day off work so just having a go offline at Kyalami, what a fun track! @davejm I think the server is still forcing us to pick the Lambos. Sorry you had a mare, must have been so intense those 18h days

Ooops :D All sorted now!  Yeah, the racing was a welcome distraction from work, but I didn't realise how tired I was!  Working the pedals felt exhausting and the couple of times I spun out I'd just lost all coordination really.

I’ll get this out here now I’ve had some time to reflect. 

I saw the gap at turn 4 but got heavy on gas and was a little frustrated and caused all the shit . Many many apologies to those whose race I ruined. My concentration wasn’t fantastic due to other things going on and I really fucked up. 

Hence i DQed myself in lieu of stewards. It was not my intention to waste peoples evening as I know how much effort we all put in.

Once again apologies. Ben

7 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

I’ll get this out here now I’ve had some time to reflect. 

I saw the gap at turn 4 but got heavy on gas and was a little frustrated and caused all the shit . Many many apologies to those whose race I ruined. My concentration wasn’t fantastic due to other things going on and I really fucked up. 

Hence i DQed myself in lieu of stewards. It was not my intention to waste peoples evening as I know how much effort we all put in.

Once again apologies. Ben

I shouldn't have vented at you in the chat, it's what I do when same thing happens racing randoms and I get taken out. In hindsight I was already pissed off as I hate reverse grid, due to the pressure of all the faster drivers being behind and inevitably having to avoid them as they overtake.  So combined with that, getting walloped and losing some SA I just blew off some steam. 

Sorry.

No worries. I’ll admit I was raging at the time but if I’d spent all week practising and that happened to me I’d be pissed as well. You can take it as your Max/Stroll moment ! :)

Maybe it shows that fast or slow we are all invested and do actually care. It’s not a game of COD where your straight back at it after getting quick scoped or whatever. 

Magny-Cours would be awesome!  I'd love to see them add more content to ACC over the next couple of years.  The physics and everything else in the game feel so cutting edge that a sequel defo isn't needed anytime soon.  Being the official game of a series is a good thing, but it's a shame we probably won't see tracks the GT3s don't visit IRL; tracks like the Red Bull Ring, Road America, Watkins Glen and Interlagos would all work so well with these cars (and there's loads more too).

Did you pick up AC in the end @Count Buffalos?

I didn't, although I should for the £3 it's on sale for! I'm not really fussed about driving road cars, is that the focus of the game? On the other hand I know that it's great for mods, so I'll probably buy it just to play around with. 

I don't think there's a real focus to AC, it's a spread of many cars and classes.  If you get the Ultimate edition you get all the DLC for only a few quid more (£7?).

I've not spent much time with it due to my ACC addiction and like for GT3 cars, but so far I've experimented with the Grand Prix Legends mods (60s F1) which is amazing, and then some random cruising with other random cars.  I want to get a H shifter before I play it a bit more.

The content manager means you can really easily jump in to any random track or car combo and have a mess around.  It's like the ultimate driving sandbox tool.