Assetto Corsa Competizione

3 hours ago, extremepabs said:

Hope I have done this right. Switched from the Bentley as I was struggling with it in the first two rounds hope this one is a bit easier to get set up.

20201016185402_1.jpg

I’d suggest you don’t even worry about setups at the moment, run the Safe setup (and Wet if you want to practice in those conditions), adjust your tyre pressures until they’re around 27.8. to 28 (30-31 for Wets I think) when warm and perhaps change your brake ducts to 2. Other than that you’re going to gain most time just by practicing, learning the car and track. 

Practice with around 60L fuel which should be more or less enough for a stint (until you work it out), to get used to the car with race fuel load, starting with cold brakes etc. You can then set a lighter fuel load on the Aero page to test how the car will feel at the end of a stint with lower fuel.

1 hour ago, Meers said:

Just FMI, are some of you switching cars?

I suggested it the other day as some people were regretting changing cars before the start of the season. This'll be the only change though, so I hope those changing to a new car know they'll be happy with it! 

6 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

I suggested it the other day as some people were regretting changing cars before the start of the season. This'll be the only change though, so I hope those changing to a new car know they'll be happy with it! 

Ahh right. I saw talk about it, but I wasn't aware there was an agreement.

7 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Dunno about happy! But it's a change from the Bentley. I've made my bed now though, so fingers crossed.

23 hours ago, davejm said:

Information about the server

It may be unavailable for practice tomorrow evening.  I've been speaking to an ACC youtuber about him using it for a community race for his members; so there's something penciled in for tomorrow.  At the moment there doesn't seem to be much interest (his viewer base and Discord community is relatively small) so it might not go ahead anyway, but just wanted to let you guys know. 

It's currently scheduled to start at 6pm BST/7pm CEST with 2x30 minute races at the Nurburgring (with 10 minute qualification).  If it does go ahead and you wanted to join in, you'd be welcome.   So I can PM server information if needed; if it does go ahead of course.

This is definitively on, so if anyone does fancy it then give me a shout for the server info.

Yep I'll be there.  Server will be live about 6 BST (or shortly before) and I'll be setting qualifying to start at 6:10.  I'll send you guys the details closer to the time.

No idea how many to expect, but he's advertised it on his YouTube channel and he's had a fair few new members to his Discord as a result.  But we really don't know how many we'll get, so it's a case of see what happens :D

17 minutes ago, davejm said:

No idea how many to expect, but he's advertised it on his YouTube channel and he's had a fair few new members to his Discord as a result.  But we really don't know how many we'll get, so it's a case of see what happens :D

Can you reveal who this mysterious Youtuber is?  :sherlock:

Can I get a link to the channel to watch the race perhaps? (I'm unlikely to be able to race tonight)

3 hours ago, davejm said:

Yep I'll be there.  Server will be live about 6 BST (or shortly before) and I'll be setting qualifying to start at 6:10.  I'll send you guys the details closer to the time.

Are we going to use our Discord channel for this?

3 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Are we going to use our Discord channel for this?

Yeah I'll join the Discord.  Not sure how it's gonna work if I have the in-game audio, youtube stream and Discord running at the same time but I'll give it a go.