Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 12 resumes next week at Barcelona

davejm

12 minutes ago, milko said:

I'm sure Amstel would've jumped at the chance but once Big Birdseed budget was involved they were never going to be in the game.

And maybe I'm glad they didn't as I'm more of a Hertog Jan guy.

80019.png.d0014fd99728c5352eb90c7bb3e4efa0.png

4 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

See, your mates over the road in Belgium are quite good at this brewing lark. 

I know! My all-time favourite beer is Chouffe! The Belgians are hands-down the best brewers in the world, closely followed by the Irish and the Czechs.

7 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

Just having a look online to see if i could get any in the uk ,and came across this. What the actual fuck ?

74933138-50AC-452C-A32C-1FD8345C3127.jpeg

I've tasted that. Came in an assorted beer package that I got for my birthday a couple of years ago.

H o r r i b l e.

You can tell it's the off-season! Beer talk instead of racing. :lol:

I also discovered why I lost my wired connection last night. The connector was lame and had slid out. Vibrations I reckon. Sorted now.

Season 5 News!!!

Thanks to everyone for their input in the Season 5 voting thread.  Based on the responses I have come up with a format for the championship.

• This season will feature GT4 racing for the first time!  Yeh-boys!
  • There will be two distinct championships; GT3 Endurance and GT4 sprint
  • A winner will be crowned for each class; with an overall winner taking the mantle as GT world challenge champion
  • GT4 sprints will feature a shorter qualifying session of 5 minutes.  Who can hold their nerve and knock out that hot lap when the pressure matters the most!
  • The season will start the week after next, with an off season week next Thursday

For this season I'd like to ask you guys to choose the schedule AND race conditions.

Your names have been placed into a (virtual) hat and have been drawn at random; so can I ask each of you in turn to make your choice...

image.png.13be193b04f553c992a5778ce0e24c24.png

1. Choose the circuit, although let's skip the British DLC tracks for this season
  2. Choose the time of day for the race start
    • A rough time will do: i.e. early morning, afternoon, early evening, night time.  Or specify an exact time if you wish!
    • For the GT4 sprint races, specify the time for each race
  3. Choose the track conditions
    • Choose from the following:
      • Fixed: Clear
      • Fixed: Cloudy
      • Fixed: Light Rain
      • Fixed: Heavy Rain
      • Variable: Low chance of rain, low variability
      • Variable: Low chance of rain, high variability
      • Variable: High chance of rain, low variability
      • Variable: High chance of rain, high variability
    • NOTE: For reference our standard config (up to now) has generally been low chance of rain and low variability
    • NOTE: If it's your turn to choose conditions, please be mindful of the choices made before you.  Let's not have a full calendar of fixed rainy races! 

Remember, don't make your choice until the person before you has decided.

First up: @Valver

p.s. Slightly disappointed @SharkyOB didn't get drawn out for the final race.  A 1.5 hour Bathurst race would be fun!

@davejm  I would like to pick Imola as the track , afternoon as the time of day, and weather Fixed: Clear, please

Do the sprint events run as before and have two short races?  Does that mean two 5 minute qualifying sessions?

15 minutes ago, Valver said:

@davejm  I would like to pick Imola as the track , afternoon as the time of day, and weather Fixed: Clear, please

Do the sprint events run as before and have two short races?  Does that mean two 5 minute qualifying sessions?

Yep, two short races with 2x 5 minute qualifying.  Shall I just do both races in the day time sometime?

42 minutes ago, davejm said:

Yep, two short races with 2x 5 minute qualifying.  Shall I just do both races in the day time sometime?

Make the second one late afternoon, maybe just as the sun starts going down?

19 hours ago, davejm said:

Season 5 News!!!

Thanks to everyone for their input in the Season 5 voting thread.  Based on the responses I have come up with a format for the championship.

• This season will feature GT4 racing for the first time!  Yeh-boys!
  • There will be two distinct championships; GT3 Endurance and GT4 sprint
  • A winner will be crowned for each class; with an overall winner taking the mantle as GT world challenge champion
  • GT4 sprints will feature a shorter qualifying session of 5 minutes.  Who can hold their nerve and knock out that hot lap when the pressure matters the most!
  • The season will start the week after next, with an off season week next Thursday

For this season I'd like to ask you guys to choose the schedule AND race conditions.

Your names have been placed into a (virtual) hat and have been drawn at random; so can I ask each of you in turn to make your choice...

image.png.13be193b04f553c992a5778ce0e24c24.png

1. Choose the circuit, although let's skip the British DLC tracks for this season
  2. Choose the time of day for the race start
    • A rough time will do: i.e. early morning, afternoon, early evening, night time.  Or specify an exact time if you wish!
    • For the GT4 sprint races, specify the time for each race
  3. Choose the track conditions
    • Choose from the following:
      • Fixed: Clear
      • Fixed: Cloudy
      • Fixed: Light Rain
      • Fixed: Heavy Rain
      • Variable: Low chance of rain, low variability
      • Variable: Low chance of rain, high variability
      • Variable: High chance of rain, low variability
      • Variable: High chance of rain, high variability
    • NOTE: For reference our standard config (up to now) has generally been low chance of rain and low variability
    • NOTE: If it's your turn to choose conditions, please be mindful of the choices made before you.  Let's not have a full calendar of fixed rainy races! 

Remember, don't make your choice until the person before you has decided.

First up: @Valver

p.s. Slightly disappointed @SharkyOB didn't get drawn out for the final race.  A 1.5 hour Bathurst race would be fun!

Yeah really into this! Like expected I'm missing the first race because of work :facepalm: looking forward to drive the GT4s and yeah bring on Bathurst :eyebrows:

1 hour ago, Count Buffalos said:

I’ll have a think about this today @davejm, I’ve not forgotten.

I’m going to order a Playseat Challenge today, I’ve no idea what I’ve done to what the fixing bolts that came with the T-300 though, which is a bit annoying.

If its anything like my G29 or my TS-PC the wheels all accept M6 bolts - you can pick them up cheaply in any hardware store

23 hours ago, Count Buffalos said:

I’m going to order a Playseat Challenge today, I’ve no idea what I’ve done to what the fixing bolts that came with the T-300 though, which is a bit annoying.

I don't think the t300rs comes with mounting bolts if I remember correctly (just so you don't beat yourself up for losing them :D). Send us a photo of your setup when it's sorted! 

28 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

Playseat Challenge now out of stock everywhere :facepalm:.

Oh bugger!

I'm sure you haven't lost anything though; mounting bolts always come with the stand rather than the wheel.

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 12 resumes next week at Barcelona