IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Round 4 @ Brands Hatch

davejm

Love the contrast between here: "gimme gimme gimme" and the official forum where the reaction is basically "it's (only) three new tracks". Some people make a hobby out of being disappointed, I swear. 

Great news! For some reason I thought the DLC would be all the NA tracks on the 2021 roster ( including Sonoma, VIRginia, Road America and Sebring), or are they still going to announce that (because Erik said "at least")?

They didnt show more than 3 tracks but maybe we'll get a 4th? So far we have just a date and a teaser video. Perhaps remaining tracks will be in a future DLC?

I must admit I was really hoping for Road America or Sebring to be included. However these are still 3 new and very welcome tracks. I'm sure COTA is a good big grid endurance track and Watkins Glen is a challenging classic. Indianapolis infield track is short and flat, but the final sector makes it unique and hard braking into T1-2-3 chicane should create overtaking opportunities.

Lexus around Spa seems interesting so far. For a boat like front engine car its very unforgiving. Maybe its my setup

(Even) More tracks would definitely be good. They've not actually communicated anything past the teaser right? So we could get a few more if we're lucky. Or yeah, a second dlc later. Or just these three and that's it.  

1 hour ago, milko said:

(Even) More tracks would definitely be good. They've not actually communicated anything past the teaser right? So we could get a few more if we're lucky. Or yeah, a second dlc later. Or just these three and that's it.  

The British track pack had 3 (Snetterton, Donington and Oulton) so I'm not holding my breath that we'll see more than 3 tracks for the US pack.

37 minutes ago, Meers said:

The British track pack had 3 (Snetterton, Donington and Oulton) so I'm not holding my breath that we'll see more than 3 tracks for the US pack.

yeah but the other Brit GT tracks were already in the game, right? So if they want to simulate the whole US GT championship they'd need more tracks either now or in a second DLC later on. But I don't know if they do want to simulate the whole US GT championship, so meh.

1 hour ago, davejm said:

14 registered for tomorrow!  Most for a while.

NICE! I´ll make sure the back of the pack is suitably unsafe.

Also I promise to strive to maintain better mic dicipline than I did on Snet. Looking forward to the race, my aim is to drive as consistent and controlled as possible, not kill anyone and avoid stupid mistakes like pit speeding, forgetting to activate wheel change in the pit stop etc. 

See ya on track!

Hey chaps.  Just want to point you in the direction of a couple of Discord communities:-

TSR - https://discord.gg/eTyaCChws8

SCB - https://discord.gg/a6mVBqSb9Y

They both (jointly) host ACC races on a Tuesday night.  Sometimes one-off events, sometimes a series. 

I joined a race with them on Tuesday (at Zandvoort) which was great fun.

They do other races on other sims, SCB in particular are quite RaceRoom focused with Friday, Wednesday and Sunday racing.  They do Assetto Corsa (the original) on Thursdays too.  I've joined their Friday racing a couple of times and they were excellent.

Anyway, I've invited the TSR guys to our Thursday racing so we might see a couple more peeps tonight or on other nights.

1 hour ago, Amereto said:

Hello guys!

@davejm said I'm only allowed out on Thursday evenings.

giphy.gif

Hi @Amereto welcome!

14 hours ago, davejm said:

14 registered for tomorrow!

Looking forward to the bigger group this week even if I'm not very competitive at the moment in the Bentley.

As I'm 3 seconds of my own fastest lap here now, I'm going to be treating tonight's session as a shakedown test for the motion rig/VR/me combination.

Be gentle with me on track, as collisions hurt now :D 

MY early excuse is I'm going to have to leg it to the race after seeing my son play guitar at the primary school PTA 'international evening'. He's on anywhere between 7.15-7.45pm (3 minute set!) and it's a five minutes-ish walk home. Should be fine, right!?

The simracing.gp applications seem to have gone into overdrive :)  Lots I haven't approved (I'm only accepting those that sign up to at least Discord, then hopefully the forum), but I've just accepted applications from 4 guys who are joining Discord; so we have 18 registered for tonight's race at the moment.

I can´t believe I´m writing this, but it looks like I´ll be missing the race. 🙁🙁🙁

Got what turned out to be a sizeable wart (!) removed from the ball of my left foot this morning and they apparently had to dig deep. Hurts pretty bad now, and I struggle even walking on the foot. Cranked out the wheel and pedals to see if it affected my braking and it sure did. Pressure point almost directly on the wound so braking was pure misery. So a full sixty minute race plus practice and quali is definetely a no-go today. 

Gutted as I love driving around Spa and was looking forward to racing a growing grid. 

Good luck guys, see you next week (hopefully)!

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Round 4 @ Brands Hatch