IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Round 4 @ Brands Hatch

davejm

18 minutes ago, Meers said:

My ordered PC parts have just arrived, so I can start building! 😅

Yay!  Exciting!!

Can you livestream the build via Twitch or something - Im bored :lol:

Good luck - shout if you need any help.  We have a few experienced PC builders in this thread (I'm one of them)

2 hours ago, Valver said:

Yay!  Exciting!!

Can you livestream the build via Twitch or something - Im bored :lol:

Good luck - shout if you need any help.  We have a few experienced PC builders in this thread (I'm one of them)

Well I could do it via Discord but not until tomorrow night - I'm out tonight. Can you assist me during my build too?😜

I can show you the boxes first though (stashed everything at work)! 😅

20220329_131222.jpg

Opened the boxes just now to check if everything's there, hence the Scotch tape strips.

17 hours ago, Valver said:

just spent an hour or so razzing the M2s round Oulton.  Great fun.  But damn that BMW likes to break away at the rear.  The left hander at turn 2 spat me off into the left barrier on too many laps. I dont normally crash there in GT3s 😆.   I can see the race being fun, but with a lot of accidents...

I had a little offline drive with it last week, it was only really the exit of Druids I had any problem with, getting one back wheel onto (or maybe it was over and that was my problem) the kerb could suddenly result in disaster. For Cascades (your lefthander) the main thing for me was to pick a safe line on entry because those bumps are lethal - I found heading inside earlier than felt natural was good, the AI certainly does it, more or less from the Pirelli sign as turn-in point. Another possibly useful tip is to run one higher gear than you might expect to in a lot of the corners, reduces the high-revs rear end wheelspin disaster.

Since then I've not had my PC though, the building work got to a point on Friday where I can't set up anywhere. Fingers crossed I can do something for Thursday now. After all my lol it's fine talk in the earlier paragraph I'm sure I'll be spending half the race doing inadvertent donuts if I do get online.

Funny that we all have struggles on different parts of the track. I'm struggling with the chicanes (sudden changes in direction). Maybe I should give the safe setup a go.

Lovely circuit though, just look at it:

image.thumb.png.48bd2e0c1c653ee9ed4bd578cb37964e.png

17 hours ago, Count Buffalos said:

It’s particularly lovely spectating in the pouring rain :)

The only time I've ever had bad weather at OP was when we went to the GTs!  Glorious sunshine for the BTCC, every time (obvs I have now cursed myself).

1 hour ago, SharkyOB said:

The only time I've ever had bad weather at OP was when we went to the GTs!  Glorious sunshine for the BTCC, every time (obvs I have now cursed myself).

The first British GT race this year is at OP over the Easter weekend. What can go wrong? 🤔

“The lads” are building a wall in my house as I type, if it gets finished I might be able to set up my gear in time. What’s the cutoff time for entries, or shall I just risk a DNS stat?

I will be coming in hot with no practice as is traditional if I do make it! Fortunately I know the track quite well, but not the car. Or how to do T1 fast.  

I'm game, but I will show up just before the quali start. Building my new PC yo! It's going swimmingly so far, Cpu + cooler, RAM and SSD put on mobo last night, tonight placing mobo in case and connecting everything.

Really enjoyed tonight too!

The first race I did OK, despite a spin - but I suspect @Meers and @SANtoOos PC woes probably artificially bumped up my final position somewhat.

But Race 2 was amazing.  I have never had such intense battles.  Just 25 mins of constant hard, fair, close racing.  I was exhausted mentally by the end of that.  Brilliant.  I was the "cork in the bottle" up in 3rd by the end of the first lap or two.  @EuroVapeSim2 then harried and pushed me for lap after lap.  Great driving by Cillian, I even managed to retake the position again.   That never happens :omg:  But my defensive lines eventually slowed us both down  so that @SANtoOos and @Meers caught me up and joined in the battle.   We were two or three cars wide on a number of turns.  Kudos to all involved for managing to keep us all on track.

Sadly, I was wasn't able to hold the positions and I tumbled down the order to eventually finish 6th.  But I dont actually care.  Best racing ever.  I'm still buzzing an hour later!

This game, and you guys!  :wub:

Highlights - Race 1 

Race 2

9 hours ago, Valver said:

Race 2 was amazing.  I have never had such intense battles.  Just 25 mins of constant hard, fair, close racing.  I was exhausted mentally by the end of that.  Brilliant.  I was the "cork in the bottle" up in 3rd by the end of the first lap or two.  @EuroVapeSim2 then harried and pushed me for lap after lap.  Great driving by Cillian, I even managed to retake the position again.   That never happens :omg:  But my defensive lines eventually slowed us both down  so that @SANtoOos and @Meers caught me up and joined in the battle.   We were two or three cars wide on a number of turns.  Kudos to all involved for managing to keep us all on track.

Sadly, I was wasn't able to hold the positions and I tumbled down the order to eventually finish 6th.  But I dont actually care.  Best racing ever.  I'm still buzzing an hour later!

This game, and you guys!  :wub:

It was phenomenal! I can't believe we didn't touch whilst racing so hard. Mad skills from everyone involved!

I got used to the car during the race and made some slight toe adjustments before the 2nd race which seemed to make it handle much better. Not a bad car in the end. On to the next one!

Spent until 1am working on the new PC. I installed the mobo and connected all the cables (bar one which comes from the front panel, it's a thick plug with 2 big pins in it, no idea yet what it's for). Next is the PSU, then the GPU and after that fixing the cables on the back plate. I think I've done a good job with the cable management too. Pretty pleased that I managed to find all the locations of the cable plugs on the motherboard, which I found to be the hardest thing to do so far. Hopefully I will get some time to finish the build this weekend so that I can install Windows Monday night.

I don't have a clue about Paul Ricard.  It's my least familiar track, more so than Laguna Seca; and I was a disaster around there.

Need extra practice this week!!

It's got big tarmac runoffs so at least going wrong is less likely to end in absolute disaster. I remember having a pretty good time when we last raced there, lots of people fast in places I was slow and vice versa led to some fun times. Tricky long corners.

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Round 4 @ Brands Hatch