Jump to content
IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Round 4 @ Brands Hatch


davejm
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yeah I've been trying similar, not sure how successful I am at sticking to it though once I've stopped concentrating on that and got back to thinking about racing line etc. I'm pretty sure I've aggravated this over a long time from sport and gym, possibly with root causes of not enough arch strength in my foot or something, but I feel like simracing probably hasn't helped. But I don't wanna rest! :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Meers said:

abe-simpson-abe-simpson-cloud.gif.59f2c9b8e7ec125075262a38971f7687.gif

 

1 hour ago, milko said:

The phone triage person reckons I've got some problems with a tendon in my foot. But physio on it doesn't start til Monday to actually try and find out for sure. Hmm, I wonder if I can get a pedal position where I don't bend the foot while braking.

Ah really hope it isn't anything too major or doesn't keep you out of the sim for too long, I tend to not bend my braking foot much and try to apply all the pressure by extending my leg, there is still of course pressure on the ankle but there's options there too minimize movement. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it's actually the joint around my big toe that's the problem. And now I'm thinking loads about it I'm starting to wonder if I can feel early signs of it happening to the other foot as well! Hard to know what's real and what's hypochondria. But yeah, probably good to look after what the ankle is doing while I'm at it, but it's the ball of my foot I'm trying not to flex.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having spent a little time on the internet doing research, I'm pretty much 100% convinced that my foot has got everything, and it's just a matter of waiting until they replace it with a prosthetic now. I'll see if the physio agrees next week!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, milko said:

Having spent a little time on the internet doing research, I'm pretty much 100% convinced that my foot has got everything, and it's just a matter of waiting until they replace it with a prosthetic now. I'll see if the physio agrees next week!

 

Ask if they can wire a loadcell directly into the new prosthetic foot...  upgrades!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Meers said:

 

Sorry, I didn't mean to be a dick about it! 😲😔

 

Apologies to @milko if I have offended in any way, shape or form.

 

I think @SharkyOB was making a play on your name, more than anything.  In the UK 'Dick' is a nickname for people called 'Richard'; at least in the older generation.  So he's basically just saying you're old, if anything :D

 

EDIT: https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/how-did-dick-become-short-for-richard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, davejm said:

 

I think @SharkyOB was making a play on your name, more than anything.  In the UK 'Dick' is a nickname for people called 'Richard'; at least in the older generation.  So he's basically just saying you're old, if anything :D

 

EDIT: https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/how-did-dick-become-short-for-richard

 

Oh phew thanks for that clarification! 😅

 

Good to know I'm a Dick though, suits me well hahaha! :facepalm:

 

image.png.38a45e22a11d1ff88d0fb7b9eb5c6ed9.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, davejm said:

 

I think @SharkyOB was making a play on your name, more than anything.  In the UK 'Dick' is a nickname for people called 'Richard'; at least in the older generation.  So he's basically just saying you're old, if anything :D

 

EDIT: https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/how-did-dick-become-short-for-richard

 

Yes, I apologise for any confusion; Meers and I are both very old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Yes, I apologise for any confusion; Meers and I are both very old.

 

That's definitely true. And bloody hell if we don't know it? Almost all of us in here are showing signs of ageing. Except @Erik because he's, like, 15 or something*.

Also, I'd like to use this opportunity to request my 'of Bel-Air' title to be changed to 'Dick'.

 

 

 

 

 

* this statement is pure speculation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Erik said:

 

Cant promise to yet. Race is very late for me

 

No worries, just wanted to make sure peeps didn't forget to register that were intending to (to save cloning/recreating the event ;) )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a reasonable session last night, foot didn't fall off or anything. Got faster but still don't feel like I 'get' this track quite yet, like I should be 0.5s faster without much changing but I can't quite do it. Maybe it was just because I watched @texlex45 put in those fine laptimes while I was sliding around like a dickhead. I will take solace in having one sector quicker than Erik though :)

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

Couldn't get on the server last night, couldn't even find it in the list, but did some racing and lap times are falling !

 

Had a power cut here, and was out last night.  So just got it going again quite late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, milko said:

I had a reasonable session last night, foot didn't fall off or anything. Got faster but still don't feel like I 'get' this track quite yet, like I should be 0.5s faster without much changing but I can't quite do it. Maybe it was just because I watched @texlex45 put in those fine laptimes while I was sliding around like a dickhead. I will take solace in having one sector quicker than Erik though :)

 

With 100 litres? 😋 You too should try what Dave is doing, basically max cambers, max wing, raise rear height until you cant handle it anymore. Rear bumpstops if you are brave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ha, perhaps not that much, no. On your video it looked like you were running on vapours, was that not the same lap?

 

I'm running max rear wing with the rear ride height up a few mm. Haven't touched camber or bumpstops though.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, milko said:

ha, perhaps not that much, no. On your video it looked like you were running on vapours, was that not the same lap?

 

I'm running max rear wing with the rear ride height up a few mm. Haven't touched camber or bumpstops though.

 

 

 

No, it wasnt, that was in my hot conditions single play practice. It was also over a second faster. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Erik said:

No, it wasnt, that was in my hot conditions single play practice. It was also over a second faster. 😄

 

Listen, you can usually beat me in every sector by plenty no matter what the fuel differential, I am having this one! :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Round 4 @ Brands Hatch

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.