Jump to content
IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Round 4 @ Brands Hatch


davejm
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, milko said:

Aww, guess I did it on another lap :lol:

 

I tried to do a few laps earlier but kept losing connection as soon as I came out of the pit lane, not sure what was going on there.

 

Had internet issues earlier, so probably that.  I sometimes forget that the server is actually in the house now rather than a hosting company 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/02/2022 at 23:23, SneakyNinja said:

Bosh. 
 

E6026C25-B7D0-4A45-9254-538AECEF74C8.jpeg.877d291eac05fc19f5af0f5c2b03561d.jpeg

 

I was pleasantly surprised by how well behaved everyone was on the server - leaving room, moving over etc. 

 

Nice one! Haven't seen you in the SA95 server, so I assume you were in the SA80 one?

I came on way too late and was too tired to concentrate. Eventually I quit in frustration. I'm useless in the evenings after having had a long intensive day. I'm going to give LFM a pass for now until I find some time to dedicate myself to it and focus on the rllmuk and RCI races this week.

 

On 04/02/2022 at 18:24, Erik said:

I'll try to participate in the Nürb race, as practice for enduro 😉

 

Yeah I've got a long evening of 'wheel time' to look forward to tonight, so I'm going to practice my arse off on the Nurburgring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Meers said:

Yeah I've got a long evening of 'wheel time' to look forward to tonight, so I'm going to practice my arse off on the Nurburgring.

 

I'll try to drive at least couple of hours tonight, but dont know yet how exactly. Maybe full race stint or two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A new patch to ACC today:

 

Quote

1.8.11
- Fixed a potential issue with cars in pitlane triggering yellow flags.
- Fixed an issue with Hotlap session resetting setup when being restarted from outside the track.
- Tyre model fine tuning.
- Fixed negative toe acceleration issue.
- Fixed BMW M4 GT4 wet setups 0 wing and ducts.
- Fixed wet track limits and adjusted thresholds.
- Revised erroneous corner exemptions with track limit warnings on a number of tracks.
- Missing minimum driving requirement in team races now results in a SG30 rather than a Disqualification.

 

Looks like the dodgy toe setting has finally been resolved!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Meers said:

How's your arm doing, @davejm?

 

All good I think.  Dressing comes off on Wednesday, and the stitches should have dissolved at that point.

 

I've done a few laps of Nurburgring so I'm planning on racing this Thursday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Valver said:

A new patch to ACC today:

 

 

Looks like the dodgy toe setting has finally been resolved!

 

Not quite yet I heard. According to Erik:

 

"Initial reactions by Malinovski, Schill and Jardier: noticeably less curb tramlining, little to no handling difference with toes. Possibly more traction with 0 rear toe, like there should be. No more best top speed with max toe, difference to 0 toes very small, probably related to toe out decreasing when suspension is under load at high speeds.

How it effects bop? no clue"

 

 

40 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

 

Correct. I think my rating is a lowly 94. 

 

Begone, peasant! 😉 😅

 

22 minutes ago, davejm said:

 

All good I think.  Dressing comes off on Wednesday, and the stitches should have dissolved at that point.

 

I've done a few laps of Nurburgring so I'm planning on racing this Thursday.

 

Nice! Good to hear that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ooh are people going to be around tonight, I will try and get on. I thought I was quite fast yesterday, but no doubt I will be 5 seconds off the pace 😛.

 

I have unregistered for Thursday - been trying to setup this third date for weeks and it finally moved to this Thursday.

 

Sad but not sad I will miss this one, I really like this circuit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, winky said:

Ooh are people going to be around tonight, I will try and get on. I thought I was quite fast yesterday, but no doubt I will be 5 seconds off the pace 😛.

 

I have unregistered for Thursday - been trying to setup this third date for weeks and it finally moved to this Thursday.

 

Sad but not sad I will miss this one, I really like this circuit.

 

Ah nice one dude, I was wondering how that first date went.  Shame you won't be with us, but needs must! :D

 

Here are our times from the server... I don't think either are particularly quick compared to our times here before (I only did a few laps with race fuel and felt slow). 

 

I think I've been in the 1:56s previously...

 

image.png.f256fdd257300d7b0165e606ffaa4e36.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did a race-fuelled low 1.57 offline-in-same-conditions on Friday, but it was a bit isolated among a bunch of slower ones. Gonna try and join tonight while the boy's at Cubs at least, see if I can repeat it. I've hurt my left foot recently in some mysterious way, it'll be a bit of a test of that too. Gonna be gutted if it aggravates it! At least my accelerator's still good :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before today best I did with 100 l on a hot 28/34 C track was 1:55.2. Now I'm a second slower and it doesnt seem to make any difference to anything including wear and pressures if I run -0.4 or 0.0 rear toe. Car is just a bit less wonky but more understeery with 0 toe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did this take over from the generic ACC thread?  Maybe I should post a new thread? :S

 

Anyway....

 

Next gen console versions are out 2 days early on the 22nd of this month instead of the 24th - when was the last time you heard of a game coming out early?!

Also, that's 2 weeks tomorrow!

 

I appreciate though that the main posters in this thread won't care as they are already playing it on PC, but maybe there is some excitement among us console players for a 3 year old racing sim perhaps finally becoming more playable to us? 😅

 

What do we know so far?

Erm, not much.

 

The trailer looks much nicer than the current ps4/xbox one offering, I mean, it looks more like a PS4 game than a PS3 game now!

 

 

 

We don't know which PC version it is (pre or post physics fixes) but we do know that us lucky console folk are getting an exclusive feature, and a good one at that!

Private lobbies with up to allow 30 players

 

The disc based version can be had for a touch shy of 30 quid and includes the 2020 GT World Challenge Pack DLC which adds a new track (Imola) and two new cars (Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020, Mercedes-AMG GT3 EVO (2020)) as well as 60+ new car liveries, 2020 Pirelli "DHE" Tyre Model and 2020 GT World Challenge Season BOP.

 

For those of us with a ps4 or Xbox One copy of the game (or both...) and a next gen console, it's a free upgrade too, though we do miss out on the DLC mentioned above.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Corranga said:

Did this take over from the generic ACC thread?  Maybe I should post a new thread? :S

 

Anyway....

 

Next gen console versions are out 2 days early on the 22nd of this month instead of the 24th - when was the last time you heard of a game coming out early?!

Also, that's 2 weeks tomorrow!

 

I appreciate though that the main posters in this thread won't care as they are already playing it on PC, but maybe there is some excitement among us console players for a 3 year old racing sim perhaps finally becoming more playable to us? 😅

 

What do we know so far?

Erm, not much.

 

The trailer looks much nicer than the current ps4/xbox one offering, I mean, it looks more like a PS4 game than a PS3 game now!

 

 

 

We don't know which PC version it is (pre or post physics fixes) but we do know that us lucky console folk are getting an exclusive feature, and a good one at that!

Private lobbies with up to allow 30 players

 

The disc based version can be had for a touch shy of 30 quid and includes the 2020 GT World Challenge Pack DLC which adds a new track (Imola) and two new cars (Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO 2020, Mercedes-AMG GT3 EVO (2020)) as well as 60+ new car liveries, 2020 Pirelli "DHE" Tyre Model and 2020 GT World Challenge Season BOP.

 

For those of us with a ps4 or Xbox One copy of the game (or both...) and a next gen console, it's a free upgrade too, though we do miss out on the DLC mentioned above.

 

 

 

 

It's still the same thread, I just change the title in the faint hope it might grab one of the old regulars attention and come back to race with us 😆

 

I'd be excited to see console chat in here, plus we've been playing for so long we can offer tips and advice if any console players end up diving in.  

 

Aris (lead physics developer) has stated that the new console versions will be based on 1.7 (pre-tyre model update) but then again the update is due to include the new BMW which was only introduced with 1.8.  So it's a little unclear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

new patch makes the kerbs quite a lot less impactful, I kinda miss it even if it was exaggerated. 

 

Was having a good session there, but gotta go! Game crashed just as I did, hmm. Still got some time I can gain but I should work on safety first and see if it follows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quite a good turnout last night. Managed a much better time in the Macca than before (almost 2 seconds faster). Spent some time in the M4 afterwards to practice for the endurance come Saturday, but I'm still a second off my Macca time with it. Need to spend more time with the M4 in the coming days as it's a bit of a different beast. The 720S is still hands down my most favourite car in the game though. It's a beast. 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Meers said:

Quite a good turnout last night. Managed a much better time in the Macca than before (almost 2 seconds faster). Spent some time in the M4 afterwards to practice for the endurance come Saturday, but I'm still a second off my Macca time with it. Need to spend more time with the M4 in the coming days as it's a bit of a different beast. The 720S is still hands down my most favourite car in the game though. It's a beast. 😎

 

I really enjoy driving the BMW.  I did a few laps with it the other day, and was very close to my McLaren pace.  I thought about switching to it for the upcoming races, but the lure of the Macca was too great in the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, davejm said:

vncviewer_InmPMlHgHP.png.69cc8e158df237ed048aa57d8ceddddb.png

 

Wow, look at that. 

 

Erik is in a league of his own, really. But that's nothing new... he's still slow regardless. 😄

 

13 minutes ago, davejm said:

I really enjoyed the BMW.  I did a few laps with it the other day, and was very close to my McLaren pace.  I thought about switching to it for the upcoming races, but the Lure of the Macca was too great in the end.

 

I can't let go of the Macca either. I would like to try the Porker a bit more though. Maybe the Nissan too. Or going back to the Ferrari even?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Meers with a bit of a breakthrough there after being doom 'n gloom a week or so ago! Now I'm all motivated to try and find time to beat my time again :) It's almost all about my failing to get T4 right, for me.

 

@mrben09 can we help any?

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

I'm not going to race on Thursday, sorry guys.  Just too much on this week with rehearsals and two gigs at the weekend as well.

 

giphy.gif

 

12 minutes ago, milko said:

@Meers with a bit of a breakthrough there after being doom 'n gloom a week or so ago!

 

PlushAggravatingKestrel-size_restricted.

 

The coaching helped me good I reckon. Now it's only a matter of translating it into the race!

 

16 minutes ago, Erik said:

Yep, thats up to a second off the pace. Wheres the time? I'm not sure.

 

First corner, surely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, milko said:

 

 

@mrben09 can we help any?

 

 

 

Thanks for the offer. I did a public lobby race last night and was doing 2.01's with more fuel, so hopefully not too far out .

 

Those first few corners are a killer for me !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The phone triage person reckons I've got some problems with a tendon in my foot. But physio on it doesn't start til Monday to actually try and find out for sure. Hmm, I wonder if I can get a pedal position where I don't bend the foot while braking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, milko said:

The phone triage person reckons I've got some problems with a tendon in my foot. But physio on it doesn't start til Monday to actually try and find out for sure. Hmm, I wonder if I can get a pedal position where I don't bend the foot while braking.

 

Interesting.  Hopefully nothing long term and/or serious.  I've been trying to lift my whole foot and to push with my leg muscles when braking (rather than simply pivoting the ankle) because it feels like I've got more control under trail braking and modulation this way.  It's not really working (I forget, then end up doing the same things).   Might be worth a try?  Although my instinct is to suggest you might be better giving sim racing a rest for a while!! 😬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Round 4 @ Brands Hatch

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.