Jump to content
IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Round 4 @ Brands Hatch


davejm
 Share

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, milko said:

Hahaha, in my lack of driving since the weekend I’ve plummeted from top to bottom! Damn! I’ve got some ideas, just hope I have time to try them. And that they work. 

 

@Count Buffaloshows it going mate, how’s your partner getting on?


She’s getting better thanks Mike. Diagnosed with pneumonia, discharged from hospital last Friday. 
 

I qualified for the SA95 Low Fuel races last night too. The Merc GT3 felt like a stuck-to-the-track rocket after practicing in the GT4!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So sorry guys but I’ll be missing the last race day. Christmas preps and work just gone crazy. Hope you’ll have fun on track tonight and enjoy the grip! 
 

As a consolation (I think), I’ve made a Christmas song. I’m a part of a group of producers/musicians doing monthly challenges and this month the challenge was to make a Christmas cover or a Christmas original song. I tried to do a cover of a Christmas song but couldn’t do it (I’m not a very Christmas-y guy haha) so I wrote a small song to describe how it feels 😜 

 

Feel free to listen or ignore at your own discretion: 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry you can't make it @Kristian Svenning, but good job on the Christmas tune :)  Nice one!

 

What is it about sim racers being musical?

 

Here's a cover I did a few years ago.  Not a Christmas tune; but hitting the soundcloud link reminded me that I had this, so thought I'd share :D

 

 

 

I used to love 'Brand New'; until the singer turned out to be a creep :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, davejm said:

 

Thanks mate.  It's the only time I've ever recorded myself.  It was actually about 10 years ago I think.

Your voice is lovely, from talking with you in races I just didn't expect something so nice (no offence meant there - just suprised and a compliment)

 

1 hour ago, Kristian Svenning said:

So sorry guys but I’ll be missing the last race day. Christmas preps and work just gone crazy. Hope you’ll have fun on track tonight and enjoy the grip! 
 

As a consolation (I think), I’ve made a Christmas song. I’m a part of a group of producers/musicians doing monthly challenges and this month the challenge was to make a Christmas cover or a Christmas original song. I tried to do a cover of a Christmas song but couldn’t do it (I’m not a very Christmas-y guy haha) so I wrote a small song to describe how it feels 😜 

 

Feel free to listen or ignore at your own discretion: 

 

 

Really appreciate the rock / guitar - but no where near heavy enough for my tastes :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Count Buffalos said:

She’s getting better thanks Mike. Diagnosed with pneumonia, discharged from hospital last Friday.

 

Glad that it isn't COVID mate. Pneumomia is still no joke though so I hope she will recover quickly from it.

 

1 hour ago, davejm said:

What is it about sim racers being musical?

 

Especially in this league too. I did some backup vocals (live and recording) for the band I was a road manager for a few years (we discovered by accident that I could sing a bit). I can drum a bit too and strum a few chords on guitar (learned it to do some tuning and sound checking), but not nearly well enough to call myself a musician though. I've got recordings of the backup vocals on CD somewhere.

 

Never knew you are a musician, Dave! Nice song. Love your song too, @Kristian Svenning! We could start a band together with @SharkyOB and @SANtoOos😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good tunes guys!!  Have you ever covered Frightened Rabbit @davejm?

 

There's something I'd like to post here, but the full four song video isn't being released until the 31st.  Here's one of the songs though (I'm on bass, although you don't really see me much in this one!), this is the originals band I recently joined on top of the Tool tribute I've been doing for the last few years:

 

 

Love Jay's face 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, davejm said:

:D

 

vncviewer_83GSgyeSu0.png.123c4092639a51a54a4b844fb2cdc338.png


yeah, that’s right - irritated beyond all measure that I can’t go faster, I have entered TWO cars this week. (My in-game and website 3-letter name is FOX, could that be confusing it? But neither of the “me” entries are using that)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, davejm said:

Sorry you can't make it @Kristian Svenning, but good job on the Christmas tune :)  Nice one!

 

What is it about sim racers being musical?

 

Here's a cover I did a few years ago.  Not a Christmas tune; but hitting the soundcloud link reminded me that I had this, so thought I'd share :D

 

 

 

I used to love 'Brand New'; until the singer turned out to be a creep :(

Wow, what a lovely voice you have! Well done on the recording, loved this one :)

 

Didn´t know you played too. Is there a connection between the urge to play music and to drive fast?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, winky said:

Really appreciate the rock / guitar - but no where near heavy enough for my tastes :P

 

Fair enough 😄 This was just for that one thing though, I usually write more doomy and heavy stuff and used to be a vocalist in a death metal band. Also played guitar in a goth metal band for years, do the guitar for a new goth/rock/metal/industrial/whatever project a friend started this year...a bit strange doing so much guitar as I`m originally a bassist but life works in mysterious ways. Also do some electronic stuff, trying to figure out a sound there as well but I´m a metalhead first.

 

What music do you prefer? You got me curious with the heavy comment ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kristian Svenning said:

Feel free to listen or ignore at your own discretion: 

 

 

4 hours ago, davejm said:

 

 

I used to love 'Brand New'; until the singer turned out to be a creep :(

These are both amazing lads, beautiful singing Dave, I used to listen to a lot of Brand New as well, pity to hear the singer is a creep though I hadn't heard that.

 

2 hours ago, davejm said:

:D

 

vncviewer_83GSgyeSu0.png.123c4092639a51a54a4b844fb2cdc338.png

Damn I improved another 4 tenths last night but the gap to first is still over a second. Sow down guys I can't keep up 😀

 

2 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

 

 

Really impressive as well, seems a lot in our league is musically talented. I am not one of those though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, davejm said:

:D

 

vncviewer_83GSgyeSu0.png.123c4092639a51a54a4b844fb2cdc338.png

 

I would like my time stricken from the record books - that's nasty 😬  I set up to practice yesterday, joined the server and managed precisely one lap (that one above) before I was dragged away by real life issues.  I didn't even get to check fuel rates or tyre temps or anything.  Tonight could be interesting! And by interesting I mean slow with lots of spins.

 

Loving the musical interlude.  Good work everyone - very impressive.  I dont have a musical bone in my body. 

 

Can you do a collab for a racing related tune and get it to go viral via LFM/Discord/simracing.gp ?  😆

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Kristian Svenning said:

 

Fair enough 😄 This was just for that one thing though, I usually write more doomy and heavy stuff and used to be a vocalist in a death metal band. Also played guitar in a goth metal band for years, do the guitar for a new goth/rock/metal/industrial/whatever project a friend started this year...a bit strange doing so much guitar as I`m originally a bassist but life works in mysterious ways. Also do some electronic stuff, trying to figure out a sound there as well but I´m a metalhead first.

 

What music do you prefer? You got me curious with the heavy comment ;)

Oh I love metal, grew up on Thrash ~(Metallica Anthrax Slayer) and now that I have just discovered streaming music really enjoying metalcore type stuff. Death metal probably too much for me but like harsh vocals. A lot of the stuff I have heard recently is a mixture of harsh and melodic vocals that I am really enjoying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, davejm said:

Great racing chaps! :)  Final leaderboard...

 

chrome_9fe0sWPoc9.thumb.png.dddc60957ed52481cfd3df8b2c9591b5.png

Congratulations on 1st Dave.

Gotta say I'm super chuffed two podiums tonight and 2nd in the league. The format was great switching the car each week was great to try the different types of car.

 

8 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Awesome racing tonight folks!  I'll defo take 2nd, 1st and both fastest laps 😃

 

Longford was the AC track I was trying to remember:

 

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/longford-1967.2741/

Was great fun in the 1st race battling with you and in the 2nd trying to keep up and close the gap in the last few laps, congrats on the win and 2nd tonight.

 

I've seen someone on YouTube I think showing off this track, looks like an absolutely wild one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started this season well and tailed off pretty badly, never felt up to speed on this last one (well, not after everyone caught up on practice time at least!) and then was absolutely battered in the final race before I had chance to try and salvage a good finish. Was a sort of enjoyable challenge trying to get the car home with wonky steering and messed up aero from well before halfway. Not sure how I ended up 4th in the championship, other than I did all the races! 

 

"Most improved driver" must be a tricky choice between @davejm and @EuroVapeSim2? Great racing anyhow, well done to all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had fun tonight despite the incidents and total lack of seat time prior to the races.

 

I had a great start in Race 1 - gained 3 places in the first few corner.   And then I was holding 2nd for a few laps which was fun - being the "cork in the bottle" and holding everyone up was a fair bit of pressure - as the eventual forced error of a spin showed.

 

Sorry for starting the incident at the start in Race 2.  'Twas but a small nudge.  Thanks to @milko for making the last third of the race so enjoyable

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Round 4 @ Brands Hatch

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.