IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Round 3 @ Watkins Glen

davejm

7 minutes ago, Valver said:

And this season I'm still stuck in the 2.02's

Got to allow for the v1.8 changes though, so that's an effective second or so I think?

I had a quick go online tonight and didn't really have the mojo so decided to give the M4 a little play offline, see what the fuss is about. First impressions compared to the McLaren it's like driving an SUV, so high up and long! And you can just drive over kerbs like there's nothing there! And the engine sounds too calm and quiet! Didn't do more than 5 laps and did not go fast at all, it's not immediately my thing that's for sure. 

I did a little practice yesterday, and my arm was bothering me at bedtime :(

I'm totally fed up with it now.  I can only imagine the movement of using the wheel just aggravates it; even though if it feels fine whilst I'm actually driving.

FFS.

49 minutes ago, davejm said:

I'm totally fed up with it now.  I can only imagine the movement of using the wheel just aggravates it; even though if it feels fine whilst I'm actually driving.

FFS.

Sounds like you need to give it even more time to heal, which would be the most sensible thing to do imo. Listen to your body! 🙂

Rich 'mum' Meers. ;)

1 hour ago, davejm said:

FFS.

Ah that's proper shit, probably best to give it a bit extra time to heal even if it feels alright.

3 hours ago, davejm said:

FFS.

Yes I agree with Richard Meermum, you should definitely let it heal properly. Looking out for you! Nothing to do with one less driver to finish in front of me 😉🤗

My personal life is wild right now, and I have both Horizon and Elden Ring to play - so I have not really been practicing as much as I need to to try and be competitive. Oh and will probably pick of gran turismo because it’s been a while since I played one and do enjoy a little grinding / tuning progression in single player. And the comfort of sitting on the sofa with some casual play.

Anyway going in tepid tonight! Looking forward to it regardless, although I am not a fan of Silverstone either - also find it a bit boring and flat. 

35 minutes ago, winky said:

Yes I agree with Richard Meermum, you should definitely let it heal properly. Looking out for you! Nothing to do with one less driver to finish in front of me 😉🤗

My personal life is wild right now, and I have both Horizon and Elden Ring to play - so I have not really been practicing as much as I need to to try and be competitive. Oh and will probably pick of gran turismo because it’s been a while since I played one and do enjoy a little grinding / tuning progression in single player. And the comfort of sitting on the sofa with some casual play.

Anyway going in tepid tonight! Looking forward to it regardless, although I am not a fan of Silverstone either - also find it a bit boring and flat. 

Thanks guys.

I'm playing Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 and trying to play Elden Ring on the PC; but playing both at the same time is silly with the different button mappings for similar actions :D  It's not working.  Nor is my talent when it comes to Elden Ring; which I totally suck at.  The performance issues on PC are bugging me too :(  I might just finish GoT first (I'm on the last act) and maybe Elden Ring might have been patched by then (although talent failure won't get patched). :D

Also tempted by GT7!

47 minutes ago, winky said:

Richard Meermum

Genius! I might change my username into that. 🤣

15 minutes ago, davejm said:

Also tempted by GT7!

Heathen! 😉

14 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

If nobody minds, I'm going to 'cheat' and try the BMW tonight. 

If one of us wins with the M4, then it's blatant cheating. 😅

10 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

image.png.2777abd745693918cf6dbc4697e43951.png

ec9a1867-c079-43f6-a421-a93ddf609248_tex

🤣

2 hours ago, Meers said:

If one of us wins with the M4, then it's blatant cheating. 😅

it's cheating no matter how you do, now! 

I am thinking of switching to the Lambo soon. It just feels wrong that we don't have one on the grid. And it looks cool and sounds angry, my main criteria for judging racecars by. And I (sort of, ha) drove one once. A quick tests suggests a different approach to the Macca is needed so I think I'll wait til next season or something and take some time to learn it, but still.

I remember it! I was in the Honda back then. I hear it's a bit rough on the back tyres which might be dangerous with my less than smooth style. Will be fun finding out anyway. 

Well done @Meers, you were fastest all week AND your shonky start in race 1 held up @SneakyNinja enough for me to bag 3rd so thanks for that. And then @EuroVapeSim2messing up the race 2 start got me another 3rd. Doesn’t feel entirely deserved (I was never in any danger of catching anybody in front of me) but I had my own little achievement today, I managed to get through the whole night without a single self-inflicted disaster! This meant I could at least hold the guys behind me at arm’s length. Couple of times early in race 1 where it was close though, don’t know if you got a good view of that Gary? Was a bit fast ‘n furious Tokyo drift on occasion. 

Another pleasant evening at the track, thanks all. @Olivia Neutron Bombcan we get you on the discord for voice chat between races etc?

20 minutes ago, Meers said:

giphy.gif

dwayne-johnson-the-rock.gif

Congratulations meers, well deserved win, you were super fast tonight. That first race was great, you never let the pressure off, it was really stressful the last few laps. 

13 minutes ago, milko said:

And then @EuroVapeSim2messing up the race 2 start got me another 3rd.

Yeah kicking myself over the second race start, was hoping couple more points to close the gap to @SneakyNinja in the overall standings. 

7 minutes ago, EuroVapeSim2 said:

Congratulations meers, well deserved win, you were super fast tonight. That first race was great, you never let the pressure off, it was really stressful the last few laps. 

Dank je! I've decided to stay up and record the first race from my PoV and I'm waiting for the upload to finish. I'll post it tomorrow morning.

2nd race was less exciting. I got lucky when you had that DT! Can't believe I messed up both starts!

Sorry I hit you on lap 9!

Thanks fellas! I would like to thank everyone who made this possible, bla bla etc...

Finally indeed. How long have I been playing ACC now? Little over 2 years I think. First win and boy what a feeling. I couldn't cheer out loud because my kids and wife were already asleep, but I did a little screaming on the inside whilst punching the air several times. 😅

Here's the first race from my PoV, where I screwed up my pole position because the speed indicator didn't show up during the formation lap. Turns out I was driving too slow for it to pop up. Rookie mistake. 🤦🏼‍♂️

P2 because @EuroVapeSim2 was fast. 2nd Race he got a DT (whilst I fucked up my launch again), otherwise he would have given me another run for my money, I'm sure. Great racing everyone!

Really chuffed for your first win @Meers, just disappointed to have missed it :(  I'm sure there will be more to come.

I'm consoling myself with some Grand Turismo 7 action for a couple of weeks until I'm 100% sure my arm is healed.  Finally at the stage where I'm without any dressing or plasters now; but I don't think it's totally healed inside where the tumour was removed.  Makes sense I guess, as that area starts to ache if I use the wheel; but also after a busy day at work using the keyboard and mouse.

Hahaha I love the hastily cobbled together splash screen of the 2nd video.🤣

16 minutes ago, davejm said:

Really chuffed for your first win @Meers, just disappointed to have missed it :(  I'm sure there will be more to come.

Cheers mate. Hopefully I can continue to climb up the ranks.

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Round 3 @ Watkins Glen