Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Final Round @ Silverstone

davejm

Since I can't play on Thursday I thought I'd take a sneaky peek at Mount Panorama tonight. Eeek it's quite dangerous in this car! Great fun when it starts to come together but so deadly if you lose concentration for even a brief moment. Which I take as being biased against me personally to be quite honest, it's rude.

9 hours ago, milko said:

Since I can't play on Thursday I thought I'd take a sneaky peek at Mount Panorama tonight. Eeek it's quite dangerous in this car! Great fun when it starts to come together but so deadly if you lose concentration for even a brief moment. Which I take as being biased against me personally to be quite honest, it's rude.

Upside down because Australia

image.thumb.png.f96bf7dd5ec88395e80fc49856e2c778.png

On 25/04/2022 at 12:03, davejm said:

No the plans have changed now.  We've extended the season by another week, so Bathurst will be next week.  So two weeks in this beast :D

EDIT: Have adjusted the SGP events to reflect the change

This is good to hear, I'm not racing this week (flying out for my brothers stag in Ireland) and thought I was missing out on bathurst, it might be my favourite track do was a bit bummed I'd miss it.

12 minutes ago, EuroVapeSim2 said:

This is good to hear, I'm not racing this week (flying out for my brothers stag in Ireland) and thought I was missing out on bathurst, it might be my favourite track do was a bit bummed I'd miss it.

Nice one!  Have a good time on the stag do 👍

image.png.1103eb1ac063b735b63a9dc82e049b49.png

Yeah okay, so I'm not feeling this car. :hmm:

I think I'm going to play it safe and hope I spin less than you guys.

8rzJV6.gif   DisastrousOffensiveIchthyosaurs-max-1mb.

KaleidoscopicQuarrelsomeAmericanratsnake   WhirlwindDangerousFly-max-1mb.gif

What if it rains though, guys?

Had a play last night wearing the VR hat. Tried it over wireless and it was a bit choppy in places, and initially unplayable until I dialed down the main screen resolution (you would think that would automatic, as you are using VR, but hey ho).

Didn't get a go without the hat so not sure if that time is actually reflective of my lack of talent ! 

Enjoy tonight chaps, I'm off to put one foot in a European Final

31 minutes ago, davejm said:

No rain @Meers! :)  For this season I didn't add in any weather variation; as the main idea was for us to get a feel for these new cars.

Awww shame. 😄

Yeah, good luck to West Ham @mrben09, and enjoy!

687Mb patch for ACC just dropped.  No idea what's in it as there aren't yet any Steam notes on it.

Anyhoo, might want to factor in some extra time to download and patch your game if you're racing tonight

edit:  patch notes just went up.  How dull!

- Added liveries for partner esport activities

- Added bonus GTWCHEU 2022 liveries

- Fixed a display issue of out-of-range engine map stage when using direct bindings

NOTE: the error only affected the display value on the HUD/dash

- Fixed shifted UI labels for engine map direct input settings

NOTE: does NOT require remapping existing input bindings.

Guys, the rear-view mirror image...is it pixelated and blurry for you guys as well? The static image is fine, but that changed to a pixelated blurry mess, especially when cornering.

3 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

Didn't notice it being especially bad, but I have it on low quality anyway because of being in VR.

Almost everything is set to epic in my graphical options, very strange. 1440p as well. Motion blur is off.

1 hour ago, SneakyNinja said:

Maybe you need a faster PC ;) 

Yeah my current one is already getting a bit dated now that you mention it. 

To the upgrade machine!

Does anyone else have issues with lap times not being recorded in single player mode?

I’m playing on PS5 and have tried hot lap mode and practice mode, but it never seems to record my best lap times, nor does it seem to rack up any mileage on my player stats page… 🤔

7 minutes ago, Malc said:

Does anyone else have issues with lap times not being recorded in single player mode?

I’m playing on PS5 and have tried hot lap mode and practice mode, but it never seems to record my best lap times, nor does it seem to rack up any mileage on my player stats page… 🤔

Yeah I've had similar issues on PC :(  I think they do show eventually, but I think they need to sync with the online servers properly before it does so.

7 minutes ago, Malc said:

Is it possible you are exceeding track limits?

No idea otherwise - only PC for me.

16 minutes ago, davejm said:

Yeah I've had similar issues on PC :(  I think they do show eventually, but I think they need to sync with the online servers properly before it does so.

Very strange. Googling this shows people having the issue years ago but it seems random for people. I’ve been blasting times around Imola circuit for the last few weeks and nothing has been recorded at all.

16 minutes ago, winky said:

Is it possible you are exceeding track limits?

No idea otherwise - only PC for me.

As bad as I am at racing simulators, I’ve definitely set a few valid laps I’m sure 😂

Maybe I’ll delete the game and reinstall to see if that fixes things…

That was mentally tiring!  I was concentrating so hard on not binning it, it gave me a headache that I've had to try and kill with beer

Race 1 highlights:

Race 2 highlights - sorry about my start everyone!   @Meers, first  I crowded you off track, with two bumps. And then I got myself wedged in a 3 car sandwich and pushed @SneakyNinja into a spin.   Not my usual style! 😳

...no idea why the highlight reel doesn't feature the finish/winner.  Very odd.

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Final Round @ Silverstone