Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Final Round @ Silverstone

davejm

10 minutes ago, milko said:

btw holy crap @mrben09 with 146 practice laps there, that's some dedication to getting better and looks to be starting to pay off.

3NDyIqy.gif

Just 1 second off, he's definitely improving! It took me 15 laps to get my time and was slower than Ben for quite some time in the same session.

7 minutes ago, winky said:

Ooh M2 time finally?!

Apparently yeah.  Plus Ferrari 488 Challenge (which I can't wait for!), a new Porsche Cup, the new Lambo Super Trofeo and a couple of others apparently.

GT Challenge Cup for season 9 with all the new cars?

It’s new tracks I want more, but fun cars sound fun too!

I have to withdraw tonight, finally tested positive for covid which explains why I’ve been feeling shit since the weekend. So long as we all understand it would’ve been a rare win for me ;)

Oh man, get well soon Mike!   

My sister tested positive a couple of days ago and I've been feeling ropey (just very minor acheyness), but no positive test for me as yet!

New tracks are coming in the summer.  US tracks apparently!

23 minutes ago, milko said:

I have to withdraw tonight, finally tested positive for covid which explains why I’ve been feeling shit since the weekend. So long as we all understand it would’ve been a rare win for me ;)

Oh man, bugger. Get well soon mate!

Good luck for later guys.  I'm resisting the temptation to jump back in.  The arm is better than it has been, but still a bit of bruising and aches if I use the computer for a while; so I'm planning on staying out of the rig until we return for the off season races. 

For off season, I reckon we could do a couple of random/quirky races in cars we don't normally use (the older GT3s, GT4s maybe) and then into a season with the new cars when they release? 

Definitely, the Jaaaag, the Aston V12, the Maserati GT4, maybe that Reiter or Super Trofeo Lambo? Mclaren 650s? We won't have room for many races before the new Challenge cars if they come out on schedule.

1 hour ago, milko said:

Cheap points on offer! I really wish I felt up to it, but no way. 

a friendly tap to Meerman at start and a podium could be on the cards … 🤔

Whilst I'm more than happy to take the points others are leaving on the table, I'd be happy to 'pause' the championship for a while until everyone is race fit again.

Maybe have tonight as an exhibition race with no points allocated?

1 minute ago, SneakyNinja said:

Whilst I'm more than happy to take the points others are leaving on the table, I'd be happy to 'pause' the championship for a while until everyone is race fit again.

I would be happy to skip the race, got so much to do and need to tidy the flat for visitors this weekend.

46 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

I've no objection to this either, would we still race Donington or set up an AC race?

12 minutes ago, EuroVapeSim2 said:

I've no objection to this either, would we still race Donington or set up an AC race?

Hmm, hadn't thought that far! I was just thinking of racing Donnington as planned as people have been practicing etc., but without the points - but I guess that knackers things for the championship in terms of setting events up etc.

6 minutes ago, milko said:

eh, have the full race, or at least don't stop it on my behalf. It's only a game!

Ok, cool - let's race as planned, then maybe if not enough people turn up or @davejm feels like it ;) then the points can be adjusted later.

It's mega easy to adjust things on SGP.  I can shift forward the two league races a week, and create a new ad-hoc event for tonight.  Can even change the format to make it sprint races if you like - to mix it up a bit?

Although it does mean some of you guys will be doing Donington two weeks in a row?!

Sorted.  It makes sense as @milko could still have a stake in the championship I think.

I added the participants; but @winky if you want to skip this one then you can just un-register :)

I've created the event tonight with the sprint format (morning and evening races), with high weather variation :D

32 minutes ago, davejm said:

Sorted.  It makes sense as @milko could still have a stake in the championship I think.

I added the participants; but @winky if you want to skip this one then you can just un-register :)

I've created the event tonight with the sprint format (morning and evening races), with high weather variation :D

This works too. Better get a wet set up ready 😁

I also took the opportunity to bow out. Sorry to those who are left.

it’s for a good cause. Got a new friend coming to stay for the weekend and I want the flat to be pristine! 

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Final Round @ Silverstone