Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Final Round @ Silverstone

davejm

9 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

What are the car rules this season? Are we allowed to switch cars between races or do we have to stick with a GT3 and 4 car like we used to? 

Technically with the races being part of a 'series' on simracing.gp you could choose whatever car you like from race to race.  But I think we've previously agreed to choose one car and stick to it, but with a grace period of a race at the start of a league (so people can change if they feel they made a mistake).   As long as people aren't chopping and changing from track to track (which they aren't currently) it's not something we've had to enforce or worry too much about as people tend to stick to their faves.

1 hour ago, davejm said:

15 times set this week... good work chaps...

image.png.2c827efdbd2971891aecbef6c3d7565d.png

A reminder that you need to register for the race at simracing.gp (8 participants so far)...

https://beta.simracing.gp/events/ScHz9Dl-oZyo0scYW1qSL

Looks like an Aston and Porker-fest!!

Just signed up again for Thursday. 

I'm surprised my 2.11.3 has kept me in that position, I know a 2.10.8 is possible I just haven't been able to string it together over 1 lap, happy with my pace in the dry over the 30 minutes but now I remember there's a good chance of rain and I need to practice in those conditions which I have practically no experience in.

3 minutes ago, EuroVapeSim2 said:

Just signed up again for Thursday. 

I'm surprised my 2.11.3 has kept me in that position, I know a 2.10.8 is possible I just haven't been able to string it together over 1 lap, happy with my pace in the dry over the 30 minutes but now I remember there's a good chance of rain and I need to practice in those conditions which I have practically no experience in.

I usually like driving in rain in ACC but I'm not very experienced in that. If the car is setup well and doesnt want to kill you, you need to brake a bit earlier than in dry and be careful when touching kerbs. Never brake on kerbs or paint. Lower all cambers by say half a degree, increase traction control if needed, and try to keep wet tyres between 29.5 and 30.5 PSI. If it starts to rain mid-race drive on the dirty parts to collect marbles until its fully wet and rubber has been washed away.

42 minutes ago, SANtoOos said:

@davejm I was just checking the event info on simracing.gp and race duration is on 30 minutes, is that just for  configuring the server or did we change that and I missed it? :)

It's 2x30 minute races.  Last season we did 2x25 minute races for the sprint cup, but with the shorter qualifying sessions this season the sprint races we've done so far have been extended out to 30 mins now.

11 minutes ago, davejm said:

It's 2x30 minute races.  Last season we did 2x25 minute races for the sprint cup, but with the shorter qualifying sessions this season the sprint races we've done so far have been extended out to 30 mins now.

Could we consider extending qualifying time a bit for this track? Because if outlap and first lap are say 2 min 15 s, I fear only couple of cars can get 2 fast laps in and time will run out for others. Especially if it rains and the outlap, including loading setup and driving the pitlane, becomes like 2 min 40 and fast laps 2 min 20-25.

10 minutes ago, Erik said:

Could we consider extending qualifying time a bit for this track? Because if outlap and first lap are say 2 min 15 s, I fear only couple of cars can get 2 fast laps in and time will run out for others. Especially if it rains and the outlap, including loading setup and driving the pitlane, becomes like 2 min 40 and fast laps 2 min 20-25.

Yeah I did extend it slightly from 5 minutes to 6 with a 3 minute end-session timer.  Do we think this is enough for 2 flying laps?

2 minutes ago, davejm said:

Yeah I did extend it slightly from 5 minutes to 6 with a 3 minute end-session timer.  Do we think this is enough for 2 flying laps?

Should be alright. 

I keep reading that the Porsche GT3 Cup car is a barrel of laughs to race, we should try that sometime in an off-week or something. It's slower than the other GT3 cars and quicker than GT4 so it'd need to be all of us driving it to work well.

5 minutes ago, milko said:

I keep reading that the Porsche GT3 Cup car is a barrel of laughs to race, we should try that sometime in an off-week or something. It's slower than the other GT3 cars and quicker than GT4 so it'd need to be all of us driving it to work well.

Yeah we did that before you joined us, and it was fun!  I think we did Bathurst and Brands Hatch races as I recall? :D  Brands was in the pouring rain.  I ended up binning it in both races  Would definitely be up for doing more single car races.

Just now, davejm said:

Yeah we did that before you joined us, and it was fun!  I think we did Bathurst and Brands Hatch races as I recall? :D  Brands was in the pouring rain.  I ended up binning it in both races  Would definitely be up for doing more single car races.

Love that car, I think I went from 6th to first on lap 1 of our Bathurst race..... 

I like Bathurst 😝

1 hour ago, davejm said:

Righhhht, yup, definitely missed that :lol:

Now that makes sense why I ran out of fuel in the previous sprint (feel a bit relieved that I didn't get the maths wrong, was still puzzled about that) 

Btw we are still looking for Porsche Cup, Super Trofeo and GT4 drivers for the RCI 10 hour Silverstone race on July 31. I will likely drive GT4 but I dont rule out GT3, ST or Porche Cup. Right now we have 6 people, but chances are that 1 or 2 cant make it. If we can have 3 or even 4 drivers in a car its okay if one drives just one stint. :)

10 minutes ago, Erik said:

Btw we are still looking for Porsche Cup, Super Trofeo and GT4 drivers for the RCI 10 hour Silverstone race on July 31. I will likely drive GT4 but I dont rule out GT3, ST or Porche Cup. Right now we have 6 people, but chances are that 1 or 2 cant make it. If we can have 3 or even 4 drivers in a car its okay if one drives just one stint. :)

I'll be on holiday on that day. :doh:

In other news, I'm self isolating as someone I worked with on Monday has tested positive. Taking the opportunity to try VR settings. 

Since I started racing in VR I've been missing some of my previous confidence, something just didn't feel right. Just changed the Oculus Tray Tool settings from 45hz to Auto and lowered my best time by 6 tenths without even trying... yesterday felt like such a slog, I didn't have confidence and felt clueless as to why. Deffo better now, but the game seems to crash more often, I think that's why I had it on 45hz. Will probably mean I have to lower resolution even further, but just a tip in case others have done the same, worth checking if you're on Oculus. 

Morning guys!  It's race day and it looks like it'll be our most packed field yet.  14 registered racers so far, with a few still to do so (I think)...

https://beta.simracing.gp/events/ScHz9Dl-oZyo0scYW1qSL

@SharkyOB, @SweatyTravolta, @extremepabs 

Don't forget you need to register for the event before the server starts at 7pm otherwise you won't be able to join.

@daifuco you joining us for the race tonight?

Practice timings:-

image.png.029ec7f78b4142c103cb11341b8c3197.png

Just now, Erik said:

So many Astons and Porsches! Guys, I heard the light cars Alpine, KTM and Ginetta are great in the wet ;):D

I used the KTM for our early GT4 races and really enjoyed it.  But it wants to kill me! :D

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Season 11 | Final Round @ Silverstone