IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Rollcall! 2.4 hours of Spa team Endurance

davejm

Blimey, that was knackering! Happy with second and no mistakes or 'offs' during an hour of driving round in (in the words of Crew Chief) "a fucking monsoon".

Well done to @Erik who teased me with a qually time a teeny bit faster than mine, then proceeded to feck off into the distance like he was a cheating AI car unaffected by wet conditions :) 

Sorry @Valver - I just managed to stay ahead but it was sooooo close at the end!

And, sorry to be 'that guy', but I must admit to finding all the chat in the last few laps really distracting as I struggled to fend off Valver and keep it on the track.

33 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

And, sorry to be 'that guy', but I must admit to finding all the chat in the last few laps really distracting as I struggled to fend off Valver and keep it on the track.

No need to be sorry, it’s a useful reminder for us to stay more quiet. I probably was one of the chattier towards the end and I honestly forgot that there might have been someone fighting closely further up.

I’m sorry about that, and will keep this in mind for future races and try to practice better mic discipline in race and quali. Hope it didn’t destroy your race copletely! 

22 minutes ago, milko said:

Screenshot 2022-06-10 095557.png

joueur-du-grenier-jdg.gif

:lol:

shame-icegif-1.gif

27 minutes ago, Kristian Svenning said:

No need to be sorry, it’s a useful reminder for us to stay more quiet. I probably was one of the chattier towards the end and I honestly forgot that there might have been someone fighting closely further up.

I’m sorry about that, and will keep this in mind for future races and try to practice better mic discipline in race and quali. Hope it didn’t destroy your race copletely! 

Yeah I'm not sure if I chatted during that stage, but have been chatty in the past. I hope it wasn't the 'dry line' quip that you're referring to, @SneakyNinja.

4 hours ago, Kristian Svenning said:

I was in too minds about saying anything as I don't want to ruin other people's fun and spoil the vibe we have as a group, but thanks. (I can always map a mute button if I'm just too easily distracted)

3 hours ago, Meers said:

Yeah I'm not sure if I chatted during that stage, but have been chatty in the past. I hope it wasn't the 'dry line' quip that you're referring to, @SneakyNinja.

No, not at all. 

13 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

I was in too minds about saying anything as I don't want to ruin other people's fun and spoil the vibe we have as a group, but thanks. (I can always map a mute button if I'm just too easily distracted)

No, not at all. 

It’s great that you spoke up, it’s important that everybody enjoys this and to be frank it IS distracting when people are talking, so this is a good opportunity to make sure we’re mindful of this in quali and the race :)

How does one make the Lambo be able to do Raidillon flat out? I find it incredibly unstable as it crests the rise. Quite possibly I’m doing it wrong though. Everywhere else on the track it feels quite nice how I’ve got it set up but not there! 

12 hours ago, milko said:

How does one make the Lambo be able to do Raidillon flat out? I find it incredibly unstable as it crests the rise. Quite possibly I’m doing it wrong though. Everywhere else on the track it feels quite nice how I’ve got it set up but not there! 

I've just had a little practice, and I can do the various high speed bends flat if I get the entry right.  But more practice needed to string consistent clean laps together.  If I were to race tomorrow, I'd be lifting a lot.

13 hours ago, milko said:

The trick is to turn at the bottom and as you climb up the hill and straighten wheel as you drive over the crest. Also it may be bottoming out. More wing, more bumpstops. I could fix that though it still needs to take a very precise line not cutting too much of the bottom left kerb(it upsets the car) and touching the right hand side kerb only a bit(or it will also make the car bounce and then you go wide).

setup for 16/22 degrees C, max fuel(fuel tank isnt big enough for 60 minute race using map 1):

Spoiler

{
    "carName": "lamborghini_huracan_gt3_evo",
    "basicSetup":
    {
        "tyres":
        {
            "tyreCompound": 0,
            "tyrePressure": [ 64, 62, 65, 65 ]
        },
        "alignment":
        {
            "camber": [ 0, 0, 0, 0 ],
            "toe": [ 0, 0, 20, 20 ],
            "staticCamber": [ -3.9388852119445801, -3.9395008087158203, -2.8331356048583984, -2.833031177520752 ],
            "toeOutLinear": [ 0.0011919579701498151, 0.0011918962700292468, -0.00043282276601530612, -0.00043281144462525845 ],
            "casterLF": 15,
            "casterRF": 15,
            "steerRatio": 1
        },
        "electronics":
        {
            "tC1": 4,
            "tC2": 0,
            "abs": 4,
            "eCUMap": 0,
            "fuelMix": 0,
            "telemetryLaps": 0
        },
        "strategy":
        {
            "fuel": 106,
            "nPitStops": 0,
            "tyreSet": 3,
            "frontBrakePadCompound": 1,
            "rearBrakePadCompound": 1,
            "pitStrategy": [
                {
                    "fuelToAdd": 0,
                    "tyres":
                    {
                        "tyreCompound": 0,
                        "tyrePressure": [ 60, 58, 52, 52 ]
                    },
                    "tyreSet": 2,
                    "frontBrakePadCompound": 1,
                    "rearBrakePadCompound": 1
                }
            ],
            "fuelPerLap": 4.15087890625
        }
    },
    "advancedSetup":
    {
        "mechanicalBalance":
        {
            "aRBFront": 4,
            "aRBRear": 3,
            "wheelRate": [ 2, 2, 2, 2 ],
            "bumpStopRateUp": [ 0, 0, 0, 0 ],
            "bumpStopRateDn": [ 0, 0, 10, 10 ],
            "bumpStopWindow": [ 1, 1, 17, 17 ],
            "brakeTorque": 20,
            "brakeBias": 35
        },
        "dampers":
        {
            "bumpSlow": [ 13, 13, 17, 17 ],
            "bumpFast": [ 6, 6, 15, 15 ],
            "reboundSlow": [ 22, 22, 19, 19 ],
            "reboundFast": [ 29, 29, 25, 25 ]
        },
        "aeroBalance":
        {
            "rideHeight": [ 3, 6, 9, 18 ],
            "rodLength": [ -5.5958752632141113, -5.5958752632141113, 5.6904940605163574, 5.6904940605163574 ],
            "splitter": 0,
            "rearWing": 9,
            "brakeDuct": [ 3, 3 ]
        },
        "drivetrain":
        {
            "preload": 8
        }
    },
    "trackBopType": 33
}

first try:

image.png.46f1dee5744a6e31f7369bd22eeaf435.png

heres 2 laps and 3 Raidillons, first lap is the fastest one from above. Second lap would have been 3-4 tenths faster still had I not missed braking point in the bus stop. edit: I used that view so you can see the wheel, I dont use that to drive

looks like you need to select better quality, Streamable wants to default to lower quality:

https://streamable.com/8cfn1o

Interesting, thanks very much @Erik. I was actually running one more rear wing than that setup. A few things similar elsewhere, a few a little different. Anyway, I shall give it a shot. It probably is primarily technique and line, maybe not turning hard enough at the bottom so still needing steering angle at the top. I've never been great at Spa in GT3, did much better when we raced GT4 there.

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | rllmuk GT World Challenge S10 Round 4 | Spa-Francorchamps

In other news, I helped SGP with a test event just now and spotted this on the results page of their dev platform...

image.png.423a169ed86a150728f3459c17fea08a.png  

No info/details from them yet, but looks like some kind of ranking system which is intriguing! 

I'm seriously moving the Audi.   I've had a couple of practice sessions today and made tweaks to the setup, and for the first time feel as though I know what to adjust to make the car behave in different ways.   Into the 2:18s on qualifying fuel (and ducts closed a bit).  Setup is quite aggressive, so I do need to play around with it and see if I can make a 'safer' version for the race; but getting there...

image.thumb.png.856d1a058e8b3ecadb99337cea331e06.png

52 minutes ago, davejm said:

I'm seriously moving the Audi.   I've had a couple of practice sessions today and made tweaks to the setup, and for the first time feel as though I know what to adjust to make the car behave in different ways.   Into the 2:18s on qualifying fuel (and ducts closed a bit).  Setup is quite aggressive, so I do need to play around with it and see if I can make a 'safer' version for the race; but getting there...

Man, that’s quick. Nice one Dave!

I might be there in another 200-500 hours. I’m at the stage where I m pretty consistent around spa and don’t spin out as often as I did but still unable to get below 2.23. Think I’ll need to do a couple of long runs the next few days to see it I can improve slightly. The setup feels safe now so I should be able to push it a bit with practice and getting some more hours in. 

11 hours ago, davejm said:

Thats probably with low rear wing isnt it? You should be able to improve by half a second to a full second in middle sector. 😉

40 minutes ago, Erik said:

Thats probably with low rear wing isnt it? You should be able to improve by half a second to a full second in middle sector. 😉

Rear wing is on 4 (of 5 available on the Audi).  If I change to 3 it makes Raidillon a bit too hairy.  Half a second is definitely there as I've had the delta in the mid 2:18s.

12 hours ago, davejm said:

image.png.4967510aa682d7108561883951723a59.png

We've got work to do, boys!

Do any of you guys have a reliable fuel calculator that actually calculates correct fuel estimates? 

I’ve used SimGrid’s estimator and lately one from cardoracing.com but find that I always end my races with an abnormal amount of fuel left, on Thursday I think I had more than 50 litres left by the end of the race. 🤨

I’ve had similar experiences with the SimGrid one so curious what you guys use 🤔

9 minutes ago, Kristian Svenning said:

Do any of you guys have a reliable fuel calculator that actually calculates correct fuel estimates? 

I’ve used SimGrid’s estimator and lately one from cardoracing.com but find that I always end my races with an abnormal amount of fuel left, on Thursday I think I had more than 50 litres left by the end of the race. 🤨

I’ve had similar experiences with the SimGrid one so curious what you guys use 🤔

I use this:- https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/app-acc-engineer.64963/

I have it running in the background and then do a stint with race fuel, and it tells me how much I need for the race.

EDIT:  Also handy for helping with tyre pressures.

7 minutes ago, Kristian Svenning said:

I just calculate it myself: race time in seconds / laptime + 1 for formation lap, round up. Multiply by consumption, +1 or 2 liters to be safe and because I use more on the formation lap. Substract 30 seconds from race time if race includes a pit stop.

That will be your fuel use in the event which you can then divide between how much you start with and refuel. You can set pit stop before race so you dont even need to remember it.

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Rollcall! 2.4 hours of Spa team Endurance