Jump to content
IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Rollcall! 2.4 hours of Spa team Endurance


davejm
 Share

Recommended Posts

I propose you have three new awards for next season:

 

  • Most improved Dutchman called Richard
  • Fastest Dutch driver in a blue, white and red Porsche
  • Driver most likely to want to do an extended-length (ideally no less than 12 hours) endurance race who is also Dutch and called Richard.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kiroquai said:

I propose you have three new awards for next season:

  • Most improved Dutchman called Richard
  • Fastest Dutch driver in a blue, white and red Porsche
  • Driver most likely to want to do an extended-length (ideally no less than 12 hours) endurance race who is also Dutch and called Richard.

 

:lol:

 

So when are you joining us then, sir lurks-a-lot? 😜

 

Speaking of the Porker...it's a bloody hand full, isn't it? Not sure if I like it enough, so I may be looking at a different car before next Thursday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

And so after some through voting, everything has been counted and the Winner of the Season 9 MID is @winky

 

Our new sponsor, the NSA, would like a word, but I'll let you deal with that. 

 

 

ACC parrotS9v1.jpg

 

I think I missed something here? The NSA? As in National Security Agency? 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been doing a sneaky bit of GT3 testing on the PS5 version to see what cars I like. My quick reviews so far:

 

Bentley: Nice but looks like a brick

Ferrari: Feisty

Porsche: Unruly

Aston: Silky smooth

Lamborghini: Nope

AMG: Quite pointy

Lexus: Loud but a bit dull

Audi: Nicely balanced

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

I've been doing a sneaky bit of GT3 testing on the PS5 version to see what cars I like. My quick reviews so far:

 

Bentley: Nice but looks like a brick

Ferrari: Feisty

Porsche: Unruly

Aston: Silky smooth

Lamborghini: Nope

AMG: Quite pointy

Lexus: Loud but a bit dull

Audi: Nicely balanced

 

 

Pretty accurate! I bet you'll love the Macca 720S.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just saw that Jardier guy crown the Lambo as the 'worst car for novices' (Porker second), so I'm glad I've picked that for this season, I look forward to proving him right.

 

The Aston's his call as best for newbies, btw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Meers said:

 

 

... the Macca 720S.

 :lol:  Ah, its working.  The slang is sticking.  It's like watching one of your children grow up.  So proud!  :wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Meers said:

 

I think I missed something here? The NSA? As in National Security Agency? 🤔

Yes. In one of the races we had early last season that I was in attendance for hacking was discussed, and how we all laughed (for the life of me I cannot remember the conversation ! It may have been me pointing out how easy a certain something was to hack, I really cannot remember) NSA was then mentioned as a potential sponsor so I wacked it on the trophy the next day. And here we are. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mrben09 said:

And so after some through voting, everything has been counted and the Winner of the Season 9 MID is @winky

 

Our new sponsor, the NSA, would like a word, but I'll let you deal with that. 

 

 

ACC parrotS9v1.jpg

Wow! I feel honoured to be given this low resolution image. 
 

I remember laughing about the NSA but no idea what it was about. 😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kiroquai said:

I propose you have three new awards for next season:

 

  • Most improved Dutchman called Richard
  • Fastest Dutch driver in a blue, white and red Porsche
  • Driver most likely to want to do an extended-length (ideally no less than 12 hours) endurance race who is also Dutch and called Richard.

 

Richard is now fully assimilated. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Valver said:

 :lol:  Ah, its working.  The slang is sticking.  It's like watching one of your children grow up.  So proud!  :wub:

 

You'd better Adam and Eve it, Valver me old mucker. You wouldn't know it, but the Macca's mustard. I should coco. You can bet your bollocks to a barn dance I'll end up picking it again, because the Porker's a bit schtrops, I'm not gonna porky pie.

 

10 hours ago, Erik said:

Richard is now fully assimilated. 😉

 

image.png.57f663f031fc863c385a477789d9265c.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As it's Saturday and I'm easily bored, I started looking into how to make my own TrackIR thingy - using old webcams to track either LEDs or IR reflectors on a hat to track your head movements, which are then used to look around the cockpit in flight sims (Microsoft Flight Sim in my case)

 

(No, I'm not in the wrong thread - bare with me...)

 

This quickly sounded like too much of a faff and I was about to give up when I stumbled upon the notion of using image recognition to track face movement with a normal webcam. Which THEN lead me onto this:

 

https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack

 

It's an open source project that takes a range of tracker inputs, and outputs them as one of many recognised 'looking about with your head' protocols.

 

Long story short, it has a face detection and tracking input (neuralnet tracker), and an output that 'just works' in ACC (freetrack 2.0 enhanced) so we can do this...

 

 

..with just a webcam and your face! 

 

I disabled everything apart from look left/right and there are a million other things to tinker with, but it works. 

 

(Don't forget to map a keypress to 'centre' the view within OpenTrack itself)

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@SneakyNinja I have TrackIR 5 but I havent found it very useful in ACC. Takes a lot of time to fine tune settings and I find its not as easy to see small car movements if camera is moving or bobbing in relation to the car. What you could try is set it to only turn and in horizontal axis with very large deadzones. So that camera keeps looking ahed but you can peek left or right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Erik said:

 What you could try is set it to only turn and in horizontal axis with very large deadzones. So that camera keeps looking ahed but you can peek left or right.

 

That's pretty much exactly what I did :)

 

It won't replace VR for me, but it seems to add a bit more immersion when in pancake mode. I like the subtle look towards apexes but looking too far to the left or right feels a bit weird when moving back to looking ahead.

 

And luckily enough, it works well in MS Flight Sim, which is why I started looking at it to start with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/05/2022 at 07:49, Meers said:

 

How about just one or two races, Dims?

 

Yaah maybe...just i thought with a full table you wouldnt want anyone messing up positioning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dimahoo said:

 

Yaah maybe...just i thought with a full table you wouldnt want anyone messing up positioning.

 

We don't take it so seriously.  I think I speak for the guys to say that we'd rather have more people race and enjoy it, even if you can only make a couple of events 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Dimahoo said:

Yaah maybe...just i thought with a full table you wouldnt want anyone messing up positioning.

 

Nonsense. If anything, it's us who would be messing up your positioning. 😅

 

You guys wouldn't know him, but Dimahoo's mustard. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/05/2022 at 13:24, SneakyNinja said:

 

Impressive tech, but doesn't it feel really weird turning your head whilst keeping your eyes trained at the screen?

 

I'm still using the in-game head movement feature that's in the view menu. It works really well for me and only kicks in when I turn the wheel past a certain angle (such as in hairpin turns).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Meers said:

 

Impressive tech, but doesn't it feel really weird turning your head whilst keeping your eyes trained at the screen?

 

I'm still using the in-game head movement feature that's in the view menu. It works really well for me and only kicks in when I turn the wheel past a certain angle (such as in hairpin turns).

 

A bit, but you can tune the sensitivity in a million different ways so I'm still tinkering. Just don't scratch your nose :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now that we have mandatory tyre swap dont forget to set pit stop tyre pressures. Theres a button to set them to the same as what you start with. In case you forget to do that before driving theres a way to do it mid race: go to pit MFD screen, go down to tyre type(should be DRY) and press mfd selection/d-pad LEFT(right would change tyre type to wet). That sets pressures to what your current tyres started with. And dont forget that tyre swap fixes pit stop length at 30 seconds so you can do some mid race refueling too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SneakyNinja said:

 

A bit, but you can tune the sensitivity in a million different ways so I'm still tinkering. Just don't scratch your nose :)

 

Can it follow your eyes too instead of your head? 😅

 

47 minutes ago, Erik said:

Now that we have mandatory tyre swap dont forget to set pit stop tyre pressures. Theres a button to set them to the same as what you start with. In case you forget to do that before driving theres a way to do it mid race: go to pit MFD screen, go down to tyre type(should be DRY) and press mfd selection/d-pad LEFT(right would change tyre type to wet). That sets pressures to what your current tyres started with. And dont forget that tyre swap fixes pit stop length at 30 seconds so you can do some mid race refueling too.

 

I didn't know that! Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone else find this track somehow more difficult than before? I seem to have poor pace with fresh tyres. The longer I drive into a stint the better laptimes I turn which is opposite to what I have experienced in other cars. Nice to have 7 drivers within a second.

 

image.png.0b551b619adfac80fc26681be1468d75.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Erik said:

I seem to have poor pace

 

🤔

 

image.png.89a455d187400c47ed898ae001151197.pngimage.png.9fe6671351f48c6a28cdc5b7f70492bc.png

 

what-jackie-chan.gif

 

I have ditched the Porker and the Macca. I'm much faster in the Beamer so I'm going to stick with it for this season as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad there are some excuses reasons for slower times. Looking at the current list, my best lap puts me... dead last :) 

 

For this season I'm changing my approach a bit. Rather than going for 100% consistency (nailed, I think), I'm going for 75% consistency and 25% more 'uumph' when chucking it into corners and whilst attacking & defending. (Apologies in advance for any resulting contact)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SneakyNinja said:

I'm going for 75% consistency and 25% more 'uumph' when chucking it into corners and whilst attacking & defending. (Apologies in advance for any resulting contact)

 

im-watching-you-i-got-my-eye-on-you.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, davejm said:

1.8 / physics / BOP updates must account for slower times.  I did a 1:47.9 here in the past, so times are generally slower.

 

I have turned a 1:48.3 in version 1.8 and 48.0 before with a full tank of fuel but now I cant get within a second of that. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Rollcall! 2.4 hours of Spa team Endurance

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.