IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Rollcall! 2.4 hours of Spa team Endurance

davejm

9 hours ago, Meers said:

Awesome, thanks for adding it!

Yeah man, Monza and Zolder are always good. Not sure about you guys, but ACC is really good these days in rainy track conditions. Anyone fancy a full wet race?

No, I'm not insane. 😅

Yeah I will take a full wet race. High variability too for tyre chaos!

7 minutes ago, Meers said:

Yeah I like the idea of spicing things up a bit. We've all gotten much more experienced so I think we can handle it.

Well, that's jinxed it! ;) 

Sounds good to me though - the added 'aarrghhh' of debating tyre changes in variable weather conditions makes it far more spicy!

16 hours ago, milko said:

I will be interested to hear how you get on with that! I still keep getting tempted to upgrade the Q1 but I need to do the CPU (and so, motherboard and RAM) first and hopefully by then there will be more of a jump to make it worthwhile. I think @SharkyOB rocks the Reverb G2 already, right?

I do indeed and it's rather wonderful!  Doesn't seem very much harder on my system than the old Oculus was tbh.  Just wish I could race with you guys more often, defo missing it.

11 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

I do indeed and it's rather wonderful!  Doesn't seem very much harder on my system than the old Oculus was tbh.  Just wish I could race with you guys more often, defo missing it.

Is it not option to change race day to, say, Wednesday or Tuesday? I know it's been Thursday since the beginning, but I'm a bit more flexible myself these days now that the kids are getting bigger. So just throwing the idea in here.

18 hours ago, davejm said:

In other news, I've just impulsively bought a HP Reverb G2.  I've been feeling less enthusiastic about sim racing of late, and have been struggling with the headstraps and comfort/sweatyness of the Quest 2.   I don't think it's going to be a massive upgrade - especially considering the native Oculus driver seems to perform loads better than Steam/Open VR - so I feel like I might struggle to get decent framerates compared to the Q2.  But the clarity of a direct DisplayPort connection and the lighter/more comfortable headset is appealing.  Plus, the speakers are supposed to be amazing.    

Blimey, ordered yesterday and it's just arrived :D  Wasn't expecting that.  No dispatch email or anything.  It just turned up.

4 minutes ago, davejm said:

Blimey, ordered yesterday and it's just arrived :D  Wasn't expecting that.  No dispatch email or anything.  It just turned up.

Amazon airdrop?

2 hours ago, Meers said:

Is it not option to change race day to, say, Wednesday or Tuesday? I know it's been Thursday since the beginning, but I'm a bit more flexible myself these days now that the kids are getting bigger. So just throwing the idea in here.

Thanks mate, but the problem is my rehearsal nights tend to change week-by-week depending on everyone's availability.  Best to leave it as it and I'll just join when I can I think.

19 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Thanks mate, but the problem is my rehearsal nights tend to change week-by-week depending on everyone's availability.  Best to leave it as it and I'll just join when I can I think.

I know how it is. 😆

Fair enough mate. 

@davejm, can we put Snetterton and Kyalami on the reserve list in case we need more suggestions for tracks to race on in the new season? I'd like to give Snet another chance, and Kyalami is just awesome.

1 hour ago, Meers said:

@davejm, can we put Snetterton and Kyalami on the reserve list in case we need more suggestions for tracks to race on in the new season? I'd like to give Snet another chance, and Kyalami is just awesome.

This is the way

I want to get back to racing but dont feel like participating in LFM with random people. I'll be trying out some new car this next season. So no Bentley or Aston for me.

34 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

Will we will be having any single car races this season? Doesn't have to be the daft ones either. 

Back to GT3s I think.  I want to try the different cars and try something new for this season.

45 minutes ago, Erik said:

I want to get back to racing but dont feel like participating in LFM with random people. I'll be trying out some new car this next season. So no Bentley or Aston for me.

Me too.  I thought I'd be well up for an iRacing style platform for ACC but in practice I just have no urge to race random people in the limited time I want to spend in the game.

I've been testing out some of the cars I haven't used before (Honda and Porsche mainly), and I'm tempted to try the Porsche for the new season.  Although I'm also tempted to go back to the Ferrari.

Would be great to have you racing with us again.

16 minutes ago, davejm said:

Back to GT3s I think.  I want to try the different cars and try something new for this season.

Agree. I was thinking like a race in the Honda, maybe one in the Nissan ,etc. I'll be honest , I wont be bothering any leader boards, so not fussed at all. I just enjoyed the last time we did it.   

How does this look?

EXCEL_y2iznrZqnS.png.07f8d808ecf077468226652eb1170fec.png

I can't race next week, so it would start the week after; and July is tricky for me as I'm away for at least two weeks.  So I've condensed it all down into consecutive weeks.  I think the new tracks might have dropped by then anyway.  Hopefully this is OK.

Looks good to me. Is it possible to have simracing.gp strike out the worst result or two of the season? That would allow those who cant participate in a race or two to stay in the points battle. It might need some more races to work better though

24 minutes ago, davejm said:

How does this look?

EXCEL_y2iznrZqnS.png.07f8d808ecf077468226652eb1170fec.png

I can't race next week, so it would start the week after; and July is tricky for me as I'm away for at least two weeks.  So I've condensed it all down into consecutive weeks.  I think the new tracks might have dropped by then anyway.  Hopefully this is OK.

That looks great! 

I can't race last week of July until the last week of August due to the summer holiday.

Starting in 2 weeks time works for me.

25 minutes ago, Erik said:

Looks good to me. Is it possible to have simracing.gp strike out the worst result or two of the season? That would allow those who cant participate in a race or two to stay in the points battle. It might need some more races to work better though

There is an option for it, but it only works in practice (when it comes to the scoring) if every week has the same number of races.  But because we have sprint rounds with 2 races, and then endurance rounds with one; the races end up being scored differently.  Ideally SGP would allow you to strike a round, rather than individual races.  But it works per race unfortunately.

Here's an idea; maybe we could change up the formula and swap to endurance races for every round, with 2 pit stops required?

I know the extra stop is possibly overkill for an hour race, but it would mix things up and be fun IMO.

We could then introduce a scratch round.

10 minutes ago, davejm said:

Here's an idea; maybe we could change up the formula and swap to endurance races for every round, with 2 pit stops required?

I know the extra stop is possibly overkill for an hour race, but it would mix things up and be fun IMO.

We could then introduce a scratch round.

May I propose 1 stop only, but tyre swap requirement? Without it it makes sense to fuel the car heavy(because fueling takes time) and when the pitstop is done doesnt matter much. But when you get a fresh set of tyres and stop is always 30 s you can try to undercut others but will have worse tyres later, or overcut and have fresh tyres.

Just now, Erik said:

May I propose 1 stop only, but tyre swap requirement? Without it it makes sense to fuel the car heavy(because fueling takes time) and when the pitstop is done doesnt matter much. But when you get a fresh set of tyres and stop is always 30 s you can try to undercut others but will have worse tyres later, or overcut have fresh tyres.

Yeah, I like this :)  Let's do it!

19 minutes ago, Meers said:

Yep, sounds good! An hour will be good, but it would be even better to do 1.5h races!

*runs*

:lol:  oh you!

...although there is part of me that thinks a 1.5hr race with one stop would be good.  And in order for that race to take up the same amount of time on an evening, we could expand the idea of using the rllmuk practice server and have the start positions based  off the results from the previous week.  ie ditch race night qualifying like we do for the Blue Ribband event...

Rain in Snetto; I bet that convinces all the people that hate the track already :)

Anyway, I'm in, the proposed tyre change single pitstop sounds good too. As does all endurance for a season.

19 minutes ago, Valver said:

:lol:  oh you!

...although there is part of me that thinks a 1.5hr race with one stop would be good.  And in order for that race to take up the same amount of time on an evening, we could expand the idea of using the rllmuk practice server and have the start positions based  off the results from the previous week.  ie ditch race night qualifying like we do for the Blue Ribband event...

There is a part of me that likes the idea too, but all things considering I wouldn't want to do 1.5 hour races :(  My knee aches after the hour races we have, and is wrecked after the blue ribands.  I actually dread those season enders.

I know we wouldn't be doing the qualifying session, but it's more to do with the intensity of the race without being able to stretch my legs that's the problem. 

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Rollcall! 2.4 hours of Spa team Endurance