IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Rollcall! 2.4 hours of Spa team Endurance

davejm

Woo, rare race win! Second ever I think  That was great fun, thanks fellas. Maybe my racing chair actually helps! I wonder how I would've got on if I hadn't jumped the start of race 2, nabbed fastest lap with my PB but couldn't quite overhaul the stop/go deficit, it's a really dumb idea to get a penalty in a sprint race. 

History repeats! My wife just asked how I got on, and on hearing about the win immediately follows up with "were the good ones not playing tonight" again! She doesn't even remember it happening last time. 

That was great fun again tonight, I'm really enjoying these challenge/Cup cars. The first two have made some great and close racing, looking forward to what the others bring. Can't wait for bathurst, it's one of my favourite tracks as challenging as the mountains section is.

35 minutes ago, milko said:

"were the good ones not playing tonight"

:lol: well done on the win!

Found that very tough, I was driving that Ferrari a bit like a rally car, modulating and dabbing brakes and throttle and sliding constantly which is not great. Couldn't keep up in the first race but found a little bit of rhythm on the 2nd, nice few battles with @EuroVapeSim2

Defending hard down the long straight on multiple occasions in race 2 against @SneakyNinja and @SANtoOos until I ended up going wide.

24 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

I imagine this is mostly a PC game on here but can anyone confirm if you buy the on offer ps4 version it upgrades to the Ps5 or do you have to buy the Ps5 version separately!?

I'm not sure, there is a few guys with the ps5 in here who can probably answer. 

9 hours ago, milko said:

History repeats! My wife just asked how I got on, and on hearing about the win immediately follows up with "were the good ones not playing tonight" again! She doesn't even remember it happening last time. 

Congrats on the win! You too, @SANtoOos.

I've said it before - I swear that all wives are the same. They've inter-connected and formed a pact against their sim-racing husbands. When I won that race at Silverstone and proudly told my mrs, she responded exactly the same as yours. 😆

My results from last night mirrored my lack of practice. Shoddy performance, although I had some great scraps with @davejm and @Valver. because the car was understeering as hell in the left kink before the long back straight, I cut the track 4 times in race 2 which got me a DT. Entered the pit lane too hot and was given a SG30 right after I cleared the DT. With only 4 minutes left on the clock, I decided to retire the car.

On the bright side - the new PC runs like a dream. I've (safely) overclocked the GPU after the race so I hope it gives me even more performance. Still need to install a couple of things (completely forgot Crew Chief) and tune some settings here and there, but so far, so good. The phone app works too now (entered the wrong IP address).

I must admit that I have to get used to the smooth image a bit still. The laptop also did 1440p60, but at 16-20ms frame latency. It was still a bit jerky at times, especially on the sides of the screen. But now I get around 10ms and the whole game blasts past noticeably smoother, it looks much better and the PC seemingly handles it without breaking a sweat. Was amazed to see the floor reflection in the car select screen. 😀

It hates volumetric fog though, so that's off. I suppose you need a 30 series card for that. Mirrors are at max settings and 60fps, and they look great!

Great fun racing last night.   I seemed to be in quite a few incidents in Race 2 - but in each case amazingly managed to keep the car together and not lose too much time.  Will be interesting to see what caused each one - I think I may have turned in on @winky in the first one I had - so sorry for that!

I've got both replays saved and will render them out to Youtube at some point - but I'm dashing off to Cambridge for the weekend.  So you may not see them till Sunday/Monday.

Looking forward to AMS2 next week.  Get practicing guys, its a great car/track combo!  @davejm practice server is logging the times:

https://rllmuk-racing.com/sessions/S09/03

15 minutes ago, Valver said:

I seemed to be in quite a few incidents in Race 2 - but in each case amazingly managed to keep the car together and not lose too much time.

This Ferrari seems to be quite easy to get into trouble, outbraking yourself and so on, but it's also easy to recover, I don't think any of us spun out of control completely. Just slows you down a bit if you have to rescue things. Maybe the tarmac runoffs are also part of this and I'd still have ended up in the walls a lot of it was Laguna Seca. 

I'll have to skip the next two weeks racing unfortunately but will hopefully be able to mess with setting a practice time anyway just for fun. Have a nice weekend!

I still have to install AMS2! 😅

Not sure if I'll be there as my son needs his nose tonsils removed on Friday, and we have to get up really early for that.

2 hours ago, mrben09 said:

Do we have a link to the AM2 server. I haven't been around a while so must have missed it ?

It should show up in the server list, as 'rllmuk Practice' same password as usual etc.

On 08/04/2022 at 08:30, Valver said:

Great fun racing last night.   I seemed to be in quite a few incidents in Race 2 - but in each case amazingly managed to keep the car together and not lose too much time.  Will be interesting to see what caused each one - I think I may have turned in on @winky in the first one I had - so sorry for that!

I've got both replays saved and will render them out to Youtube at some point - but I'm dashing off to Cambridge for the weekend.  So you may not see them till Sunday/Monday.

Looking forward to AMS2 next week.  Get practicing guys, its a great car/track combo!  @davejm practice server is logging the times:

https://rllmuk-racing.com/sessions/S09/03

I think it was just a racing incident I honestly thought I had been to greedy on the inside

Later on I out braked myself and gave you a proper tap at the entrance to turn1 - so sorry!

@EuroVapeSim2 joined us in the 8h race on Saturday, and apart from a few minor hiccups (no race is without them) he did splendidly! Unfortunately we qualified last, but on the positive side that means we can only gain. Cillian kicked the race off doing the first stint (throwing in the deep end?) with me doing the second. During my first stint we discovered we were running engine map 8 (!) because I was being overtaken left, right and centre. When I swapped with Cillian again it was set to map 1 and tyre pressures were good again during his 2nd stint. Hugo would take over after him and do a double stint so I could have a bit of time to have dinner with mrs Meers and the kids, and bringing the kids to bed afterwards.

When the kids were in bed, I checked with Hugo (who was on his 2nd hour into his double). All went well, positions were gained and he had 40mins left on the clock so I went away for a bit again to help my mrs clean up the mess our kids have left behind. During that time Hugo messaged me that his connection was acting up and he needed me to take over. When I got back at the computer, the game had crashed with a connection lost message. rebooted the game but there were no servers anymore, so I checked Discord (also empty) and discovered that all the servers had crashed with 3,5h to go, just before I was supposed to do a double stint as well. Balls. No restarts and half points they said, so that was that.

Spent the rest of the night sorting more stuff out on the new PC, such as downloading AMS2. Also played it a little bit but I still need to sort out the controls and view settings. Not impressed by it so far, but that may change I'm sure (also was the case with ACC when I first played it).

Slightly delayed - but here are the last two sprint race highlight vids:

Sprint 1 - nearly got you on the last lap @winky 😄

Sprint 2 - man, I got tapped a lot - but quite impressed with how I saved the full spin after @davejm's nudge 

Certainly was action packed! First race highlights could almost be called the Dave & Rich showtm😆

PSA - just discovered that AMS2 uses horizontal FoV (instead of ACC's - and AMS1 for that matter - vertical FoV). How confusing! Explains why I found the view to be so zoomed in.

I'm also game for Thursday's race. Need to get up early so I'm gonna go straight after the race.

My word tho, it sounds spectacular - I remember back in the day when Grand Prix Legends came out and it sounded unreal and this just did the same, sound is on another level to Gt7 et al!

Wheel arrives on Thursday so will give it another try!

8 hours ago, Shimmyhill said:

My word tho, it sounds spectacular - I remember back in the day when Grand Prix Legends came out and it sounded unreal and this just did the same, sound is on another level to Gt7 et al!

Wheel arrives on Thursday so will give it another try!

It sounds incredible. The Bentley in particular, but also the 488, especially when sat in the pits and one comes thundering past. Dolby Atmos on this is phenomenal!

Will you be playing ACC on console or PC, Shim? And which wheel did you order?

3 hours ago, Meers said:

It sounds incredible. The Bentley in particular, but also the 488, especially when sat in the pits and one comes thundering past. Dolby Atmos on this is phenomenal!

Will you be playing ACC on console or PC, Shim? And which wheel did you order?

Im on PS5 as don’t have a gaming PC. I’ve ordered a Fanatec DD pro - last wheel I had was a Fanatec GT2 so hoping for quite the upgrade!

51 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

Im on PS5 as don’t have a gaming PC. I’ve ordered a Fanatec DD pro - last wheel I had was a Fanatec GT2 so hoping for quite the upgrade!

That is definitely quite the upgrade! That is including the GT rim (I'm a bit out of the loop)?

2 hours ago, Meers said:

That is definitely quite the upgrade! That is including the GT rim (I'm a bit out of the loop)?

Yeah, I’ve gone for the base kit with GT wheel and pedals - I will likely pick up the McLaren wheel for Xbox compatibility and down the line a loadcell pedal as I used to have the club sport pedals.

All the gear and no idea!

So, @milko can't make the Porsche Cup week; so it got me thinking that perhaps we could have 2x weeks in the car?  We'd planned to split the two events over Zandvoort and Bathurst on the same night; so why don't we just extend the season for another week?  By all accounts the car is amazing!

5 hours ago, davejm said:

So, @milko can't make the Porsche Cup week; so it got me thinking that perhaps we could have 2x weeks in the car?  We'd planned to split the two events over Zandvoort and Bathurst on the same night; so why don't we just extend the season for another week?  By all accounts the car is amazing!

Sure, why nut?

52 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

This is getting silly. I go to golf last Saturday and…….

@Meers You are going to have to say hello at some point ! 

2AE0A4D8-B526-40DE-B3E6-6486B456A99F.jpeg

Hello! In the gravel trap as well I see, how very fitting!

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Rollcall! 2.4 hours of Spa team Endurance