Jump to content
IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Rollcall! 2.4 hours of Spa team Endurance


davejm
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, davejm said:

I don't have a clue about Paul Ricard.  It's my least familiar track, more so than Laguna Seca; and I was a disaster around there.

 

Everybody is hating on Paul Ricard, but I don't mind racing on it at all. In fact, it's also one of my fave tracks in this game. I don't like the long back straight too much though, imo it could do with the chicane that F1 uses as well.

 

Little time for practice from me as well, as I'm trying to finalise my PC build.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was idly thinking, maybe in future rllmuk seasons of GT3/4 when it's sprint races we could make race 1 a cup race using these DLC cars and race 2 the 'normal' cars, just to keep them in the regular rotation and add a bit of variety. Not sure how easy that is to set up on the race servers mind you, or how grid order should work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

West Ham's European Adventures continue next week and the week after I'm in Denmark. I'll still be lobbing time on the practice server though. I need the practice and it's sometimes just good to have a natter while driving.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, milko said:

I was idly thinking, maybe in future rllmuk seasons of GT3/4 when it's sprint races we could make race 1 a cup race using these DLC cars and race 2 the 'normal' cars, just to keep them in the regular rotation and add a bit of variety. Not sure how easy that is to set up on the race servers mind you, or how grid order should work.

 

Yeah good idea! :)  It means we'd need two separate events on SGP, but that's easy enough.  We could even do reverse grids with the events being separate.  Maybe have one of the races count towards standings; but have the second race a fun 'no points' race in other cars.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for the racing last night everybody, so much fun and was much needed, been too long! Loved going side by side with @Meersat Druids and @Valverat Cascades, both seriously butt clenching moments.

 

VR guys, noticed a new option under video settings as I frantically tried to reduce resolution and avoid the computer crashing again, what's FSR? Is it a type of supersampling? Any new insights on how to make the game look good whilst saving resources? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@SANtoOos it's AMD's supersampling thing yes, I think they're trying to compete with DLSS using it. The nice thing being it doesn't require an RTX card, but it's also not as powerful.

 

Now, I have an RTX card but for some reason I find ACC looks better with FSR on than DLSS anyway - I think because I'm more CPU-limited than the graphics card at the moment. I don't think there's a great deal new to try out aside from that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, milko said:

@SANtoOos it's AMD's supersampling thing yes, I think they're trying to compete with DLSS using it. The nice thing being it doesn't require an RTX card, but it's also not as powerful.

 

Now, I have an RTX card but for some reason I find ACC looks better with FSR on than DLSS anyway - I think because I'm more CPU-limited than the graphics card at the moment. I don't think there's a great deal new to try out aside from that.

Thanks! I'll experiment with settings next week. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/04/2022 at 00:26, Count Buffalos said:

It’s the first GT World Challenge Europe meeting of 2022 this weekend. It’s a 52 car grid at Imola for the race in Sunday. For all of you bike fans, Valentino Rossi is driving a GT3 Audi this year.

 

 

Watched the gt4 race yesterday and race 2 just finishing. The number of incidents where cars are rear ending others at the start of FCY has been crazy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yikes, the Ferrari Challenge is wonderful but brutal!!  Although soooo hard using this car at the same time as learning the track.  Gonna be a very tough but fun race this week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope I can get some practice in this week. Still busy working on the new PC (it works and it runs Windows as of last night! :omg:). Tonight I'm going to get all the software on it, and copying all the ACC folders that I need. Not sure if I have it all up and running before Thursday, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So yes my times are still shit, but this weekend gone, now the 3070ti is in, I connected up my Quest 2 via Oculus Link, and OMFG, it's truly game-changing.

AM2 was pretty cool as well.

 

So I've made no setting changes so far. Is there an agreed opinion of improvements available either through ACC settings or Oculus ?

 

Also I didn't seem to get dizzy or similar, so that's good news. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can’t really help with settings but could you tell me whether the scenery to the side is rendered smoothly when you next play? Although looking ahead is fine for me, any scenery to the side stutters when I look at it no matter which settings I use. IRacing is the same for me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

Can’t really help with settings but could you tell me whether the scenery to the side is rendered smoothly when you next play? Although looking ahead is fine for me, any scenery to the side stutters when I look at it no matter which settings I use. IRacing is the same for me. 

 

It's a *little* stuttery off to the side for me, but not enough to notice unless you're looking for it.

 

One thing I did notice recently was that everything would sometimes be a bit stuttery when first entering the car, but would settle down a bit after a lap or so. Then, if I took the headset off for a bit to have some tea etc. it would do it again. It appears to be down to the USB speed. I solved it this weekend (famous last words) by installing a PCIe USB card and using that for the Quest.

 

I've tried ALL manner of tinkerings with the Oculus Quest tool, different USB cables, gfx settings and the only thing that makes a real difference nowadays is the resolution (or is it pixel density?) some tracks need that knocking down a notch or two.

 

Happy to share my settings if you want? @mrben09

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

 

I've tried ALL manner of tinkerings with the Oculus Quest tool, different USB cables, gfx settings and the only thing that makes a real difference nowadays is the resolution (or is it pixel density?) some tracks need that knocking down a notch or two.

 

Happy to share my settings if you want? @mrben09

Yes please.

Is this the pixel density settings in Oculus ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

Yes please.

Is this the pixel density settings in Oculus ?

 

Here we go - there are three custom settings: (NOTE It's a .zip file, not .csv so rename it once downloaded - forum won't allow .zip uploads)

 

'new vr 2' - first pass at a decent setup

'new vr 2 inc fx' - a few more fx turned on with res turned down to give it headroom

'new vr lo' - lower impact settings for tracks that can't cope with either of the other two

 

Extract the .json in to <your docs folder>/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Customs/Video Settings and you can then choose them from the 'manage custom settings' button in graphic settings.

 

Of course, my settings will probably be of no use to you as I've got an AMD RX5700XT and you've got a way better NVidia card :) 

Sneaky ACC gfx settings.csv

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, davejm said:

Yikes, the Ferrari Challenge is wonderful but brutal!!  Although soooo hard using this car at the same time as learning the track.  Gonna be a very tough but fun race this week.

 

I've just turned in a  few practice laps and found I actually really enjoyed the way this car handles.  I was scared after having played with it before so chose the Safe setup - seems to work quite nicely.  My invalid laps were generally through track limit violations rather than spins/crashes.

 

There's a chance I may not be able to race this week - my sister is coming down to look after my kids and allow the wife and I to head off on a dirty long weekend. :wub:   I'm going to try and steer my sister into arriving late so I can get a drive in, but we shall see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Valver said:

 

I've just turned in a  few practice laps and found I actually really enjoyed the way this car handles.  I was scared after having played with it before so chose the Safe setup - seems to work quite nicely.  My invalid laps were generally through track limit violations rather than spins/crashes.

 

Yeah, that was my experience.   No issues with spinning, just no familiarity with the track meant I'd hit the gas and then fly off the track.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@mrben09 There are a couple of things that have made a difference for me.

 

The big one is using the Oculus Tray Tool to change the 'Mirror FOV Multiplier'.  It's supposed to be a setting that changes the mirrored monitor image; but in reality it changes the FOV in the headset.  With the values below there's noticeable 'chop off' but only barely; and loads of performance is saved for rendering a better image in your main field of view...

 

image.png.85cf0451a59ec2c1c46fe15223dbeedd.png

 

The other main thing is to use DLSS to 'Quality' mode and then pushing up the VR pixel resolution (I run on 150%-160% depending on track and if there's a lot of cars).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spent last night installing stuff on the new PC so I haven't put any laps in for Thursday yet. Doubt I will either. 😅

 

So far so good. The build is complete and ACC runs great with everything maxed out (shadows and mirrors and 3D grass oh my!) but I still have to run a benchmark test. My wheel didn't have any FFB either so I have to look into that as well (probably the driver that I haven't installed yet). Goal is to get at least ACC running as it should before anything else. Looks like I can't use my phone app anymore as that uses WiFi and my mobo doesn't have that (I knew I forgot something!), maybe I'll invest in a WiFi adapter.

 

@mrben09, remember that M.2 SSD that wouldn't show up in disk manager on my laptop? Well the new PC won't recognise it either so I think it was borked already. I'll see if I can return it still (don't think I can tbh).
 

@davejm, do you know where the connectors (under the red covers in this pic) on the GPU are for?

 

The GPU also seems to dip a bit under its own weight at the right-front corner. Do I need to support it or is it okay like that?

 

20220404_202400.thumb.jpg.d8ccb19764f07691d95813c1fb96d71e.jpg

 

20220405_111519.jpg

 

20220404_202232.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

@Meers Those red tabs I imagine, host the connectors for SLI, basically tying two cards together to work as one. 

 

You...can do that? 😲

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

It's been removed now unless you have a 3090 !

 

Little bit more useful in the 3d modelling etc space. A game would have to support it. Was very popular years ago, and was supported in gaming !

 

GPU's weren't 4 figures then either ! 

 

bubble-burst-bursting.gif

Me rn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Meers said:

The GPU also seems to dip a bit under its own weight at the right-front corner. Do I need to support it or is it okay like that?

 

That build is looking good Meers!  The cabling is looking pretty tidy too - always helps airflow and low temps.

 

The phone dash app (simhub?) will work regardless of whether your PC is wired or on wifi.  The phone and the PC just need to be on the same LAN. It's likely the phone app's IP/port settings aren't set up to match what the new PC is broadcasting on.  I dont have wifi on my PC and I can get it to work fine (although I no longer use it because "VR")

 

As for the GPU sagging - that's pretty common (unfortunately) for cards that dont have a metal backplate attached.  I'd try and fix it if possible - it's putting stress on the motherboard GPU slot that isn't ideal.    E-bay has a load of anti sag stands and brackets.  They range from little towers you prop under the right corner to hold it up, to Perspex brackets that bolt in along the next PCI slot and provide extra stiffness.   A free temp fix is to grab some of your kid's Lego and build a little tower.  Just try to keep it out of the fan blades 😜

 

image.thumb.png.d9ca9fd7cdf96b7bb8d697b9ecd69a71.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Valver said:

 

That build is looking good Meers!  The cabling is looking pretty tidy too - always helps airflow and low temps.

 

As for the GPU sagging - that's pretty common (unfortunately) for card that dont have a metal backplate attached.  E-bay has a load of anti sag stands and brackets.  They range from little towers you prop under the right corner to hold it up, to Perspex brackets that bolt in along the next PCI slot and provide extra stiffness.   A cheap temp fix is to grab some of your kids lego and build a little tower.  Just try to keep it out of the fan blades 😜

 

image.thumb.png.d9ca9fd7cdf96b7bb8d697b9ecd69a71.png

 

Ha! Excellent solution mate, cheers! I'll grab some Duplo© bricks (they don't play with Lego just yet) and build something similar. So that's why they're calling it a 'build'! 😅

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Rollcall! 2.4 hours of Spa team Endurance

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.