IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | rllmuk GT World Challenge S10 Round 6 | Suzuka

davejm

@Valver get well soon fella! Not sure how sick doings get, but they sound pretty bad.

I think I have to dip as well - I did not practice yesterday evening (colossal headache instead, fun) and today I just feel really really tired already. The comeback will happen but maybe not before the weekend or something.

Was a fun race tonight, conditions were tricky as tires were going off the last 15 minutes of the race. The extra week of racing last Thursday really helped my pace tonight, felt very confident in the car.

35 minutes ago, davejm said:

Thanks guys, was a fun race.  Well done to @EuroVapeSim2 for the win.  It's close at the top and all to play for next week :)

chrome_MAWiJVcAfQ.thumb.png.efaec65129333a9ed2b64059962a6b78.png

Going to be very difficult to overcome the 12 point difference to @SneakyNinja in one race, I will have to have a perfect race and hope to have as many positions between us as possible, even then a lot of luck will have to go my way.

8 hours ago, EuroVapeSim2 said:

Was a fun race tonight, conditions were tricky as tires were going off the last 15 minutes of the race. The extra week of racing last Thursday really helped my pace tonight, felt very confident in the car.

Going to be very difficult to overcome the 12 point difference to @SneakyNinja in one race, I will have to have a perfect race and hope to have as many positions between us as possible, even then a lot of luck will have to go my way.

The final race is 1.5x the points of the standard endurance plus an extra bonus point for fastest lap, so you could gain a 5 point swing just with pole position and fastest lap.  You'd still need a 4 place difference in position though, which might be unlikely!

For some reason I wasn't feeling competitive last night. The track seemed more slippy than last week and I was less focused due to feeling a bit tired. Still had a good scrap with Paul, but he was faster and he pulled away from me. He made a mistake later on which allowed me to overtake him again, but I fucked it up coming out of the old hairpin (turn 4). I slightly hit the grass on the left, which I've done plenty of times before, but this time I kept the throttle down. Big mistake - the transfer from grass onto tarmac caused the rear to kick out which resulted in a massive shpinn. Paul could barely avoid me and it took ages to get back on the track again because it had overcooked my rear tyres. Also messed up my pitstop by stopping too far from the lollipop man, so I had to start the engine again and eek a bit forward.

Better luck next time.

1 hour ago, davejm said:

You'd still need a 4 place difference in position though, which might be unlikely!

Oh I dunno. I've never been competitive around Laguna and with @EuroVapeSim2 being at least 0.5 a lap quicker means the extra 30mins gives more time to build the advantage :) 

But, the track usually produces more than it's fair share of accidents so who knows!

Am I right in thinking we're having two pit stops as well? I'm definitely going to be practicing those during the week, and trying to see why I always lose about a second a lap after doing them. 

Drove around LS last night after the race (going to bed way too late as a result >.< ) and I found it to be really slidey. Must be from all the sand being blown on the track. Must've been green conditions as well. RCI server, and there was only one other car on the track who seemed to be struggling as well.

3 hours ago, Meers said:

For some reason I wasn't feeling competitive last night. The track seemed more slippy than last week and I was less focused due to feeling a bit tired. Still had a good scrap with Paul, but he was faster and he pulled away from me. He made a mistake later on which allowed me to overtake him again, but I fucked it up coming out of the old hairpin (turn 4). I slightly hit the grass on the left, which I've done plenty of times before, but this time I kept the throttle down. Big mistake - the transfer from grass onto tarmac caused the rear to kick out which resulted in a massive shpinn. Paul could barely avoid me and it took ages to get back on the track again because it had overcooked my rear tyres. Also messed up my pitstop by stopping too far from the lollipop man, so I had to start the engine again and eek a bit forward.

Better luck next time.

It was good fun racing with you. To be honest I was glad to have some company as I had no practice and following you got me to learn some braking points which helped my pace. I got a drive through, messed up my pit entry and really slammed the brakes which caused my racing chair to collapse a bit! (It had not been tightened up enough) After that I had to quit because it felt like the chair was about to collapse so I just quit out the game.

Ah we wondered what had happened @winky!  I saw you got a DT (for track limits I assume?) and then saw you drop off, so I wondered whether the lack of practice was too frustrating and you packed up in annoyance :D

Morning guys.  A reminder that this week's race is the 90 minute Blue Riband season finale with 2x pit stops.  Starting grid order will be based on the qualifying times set on this server this week.  @Meers is flying so far!

image.png.4bdce9a13b771aef157909b1498a42a7.png

Would you believe I've gone more or less straight from Covid to having a cold? Which at least makes clear to me that the Covid is plenty worse even with the vaccines. Anyway, no driving for me yet thanks to that, plus there is a non-zero chance that building work means I won't have a rig on Thursday evening. But I hold out hope yet! 

I'm gonna come in VERY rough with no practice this week :D  I might not even last the whole evening as last week's race was a chore towards the end.  Frustratingly I've still got problems with my arm (it's aching at times, on and off).  But I look forward to our evenings and chatting to you guys (even if it's mostly me rambling on in the chat) :D  

In other news, there's a preview event for the new DLC tonight.  The new cars are shaping up to be really interesting.

• The new Porsche Cup seems a bit more forgiving than the old/current one; it has ABS but no TC
  • The Ferrari Challenge has the fastest straight line speed of any car in the game, but lesser aero capability means lap times are slower than GT3
  • The BMW M2 CS is 10 seconds a lap slower than even GT4 cars, but can be thrown around is looks good for side by side racing
  • Lambo ST Evo II is apparently great to drive
  • The Audi is the only GT3 spec car from the new lot

3 hours ago, milko said:

Would you believe I've gone more or less straight from Covid to having a cold? Which at least makes clear to me that the Covid is plenty worse even with the vaccines. Anyway, no driving for me yet thanks to that, plus there is a non-zero chance that building work means I won't have a rig on Thursday evening. But I hold out hope yet! 

Ah that's really shit luck, hope to see you on Thursday if the rig is accessible.

3 hours ago, davejm said:

I'm gonna come in VERY rough with no practice this week :D  I might not even last the whole evening as last week's race was a chore towards the end.  Frustratingly I've still got problems with my arm (it's aching at times, on and off).  But I look forward to our evenings and chatting to you guys (even if it's mostly me rambling on in the chat) :D  

In other news, there's a preview event for the new DLC tonight.  The new cars are shaping up to be really interesting.

• The new Porsche Cup seems a bit more forgiving than the old/current one; it has ABS but no TC
  • The Ferrari Challenge has the fastest straight line speed of any car in the game, but lesser aero capability means lap times are slower than GT3
  • The BMW M2 CS is 10 seconds a lap slower than even GT4 cars, but can be thrown around is looks good for side by side racing
  • Lambo ST Evo II is apparently great to drive
  • The Audi is the only GT3 spec car from the new lot

I'm really excited for the Ferrari challenge, first track I'll try is Paul Ricard to take advantage of the straight line speed. I think the new lambo looks great as well. 

6 hours ago, davejm said:

@Meers is flying so far!

Thanks, but it's only slightly faster than Gaz. Took me 26 laps as well as I couldn't find a countersolution to the sliding. Until now that is.

5 hours ago, davejm said:

I think it'll always be sensitive, always is after an operation. My knee still aches, every single day. Twice as bad when it's cold. Do you know how long the winters last... *record scratch*

No Meers, not another movie quote*. :doh:

Keep rambling, doing that myself a lot as you can see. Looking forward to it!

*5 extra points if you know which one!

5 hours ago, milko said:

Balls, no break for you! Imagine what Covid is without vaccines. Got the Alpha and Delta ones, still having issues from the latter one.

Those new cars looked like a riot - I think partly just because single-make races tend to encourage bunched packs anyway but also the general handling of them.

Managed to put in a few laps on the server, absolutely knackered and still learning the track (I think I drove it once before in GT4?) but hoping I start feeling better soon so I get some stamina again.

8 minutes ago, davejm said:

Tempted to try the new Audi for tomorrow.

Also curious about it. Ha, half the chatter about them in the streams yesterday was if they'd be the new OP car over the M4 🤭

18 minutes ago, Mr Majestyk said:

Had a wee go last night as I'd got the wheel back out the garage. Shoulder now working as expected. Please ignore my time as I won't be joining in the race, but will be up for the next league. 

Superb! I was already wondering who this Pablo Nescobar character was whose name appeared on the leaderboard. 😅

Good to hear your shoulder has been on the mend, and you being back in the thread!

1 hour ago, Mr Majestyk said:

Had a wee go last night as I'd got the wheel back out the garage. Shoulder now working as expected. Please ignore my time as I won't be joining in the race, but will be up for the next league. 

Awesome dude.  Next league will be starting right away, and will be in the new DLC cars released later today :)

In other news...

dwayne-johnson-the-rock.gif

The time has come for me to order the remaining parts for my new desktop PC! :omg:

I've already received these parts:

Case
PSU

RAM

Main SSD

GTX1070 GPU

Still on the 'to order' list:

MoBo

Secondary SSD

CPU

I think I've got everything sorted, compatibility wise. Could you guys please check if that's the case? I'm rather new to this stuff so I'm not 100% sure. Apologies for the links to the Dutch website.

I know it's not the fastest system, but it's much faster than my laptop so I'm easily pleased. Plus I can always add new parts in the future. My main focus was getting a future-proof motherboard and CPU.

I'll get a new Windows license when I have assembled it all. Any tips on where I can get the best deal?

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | rllmuk GT World Challenge S10 Round 6 | Suzuka