IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | rllmuk GT U.S Cup starting Thursday!

davejm

16 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

You might just get away with it. Here's a comparison with my card..

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1070-vs-AMD-RX-5700-XT/3609vs4045

I have to turn things down a bit in VR, but it's good enough for me - but it's paired with a Ryzen 7.

Oof, R7. Must...resist...

VR is something I'm looking at for the future, but I'd like to try it first somewhere before I make the jump. Not sure if I will take it well.

9 hours ago, mrben09 said:

Barca for lambo

Deal!!

6 hours ago, milko said:

For the Porsche 992 Cup race @davejm, would it be madness to say we're well due Barfhurst? I don't know why I'm posting about improving my safety in one paragraph and suggesting that the next. I think Zaaaaandvooooort is the other one we've not been at for longest.

Maybe we could have two races that night at Bathurst and Zandvoort!

17 hours ago, Meers said:

Man, I'd mostly welcome the mirrors. I mean, it's okay now with the crew chief/radar/surround sound/look back button/proxy arrows combo I'm using now, but mirrors would heavily cut back on the use of additional warning systems, NGL.

The slide-show framerate during sunset wasn't as bad as during our Nurbs race, but it still dropped from 60 to 45fps last night. The Ryzen 5 will give me a comfortable overhead, I suspect. Limiting factor this time around will be my TV's refresh rate (60Hz), but I could always swap it with the telly from downstairs (OLED, 120Hz).

Unless you really want a higher or variable frame rate (gsync/freesync) I wouldn't worry, assuming it'd be a faff swapping TVs.

Just enjoy a smooth 60fps at high & ultra settings and enjoy those sunsets!!

On 26/03/2022 at 08:27, davejm said:

Unless you really want a higher or variable frame rate (gsync/freesync) I wouldn't worry, assuming it'd be a faff swapping TVs.

Just enjoy a smooth 60fps at high & ultra settings and enjoy those sunsets!!

Yeah I'm not planning swapping TVs after all (HDR from the OLED is tempting but it's too much of a hassle). May as well try to get 4K working at 60fps (currently my laptop can do 4K30 but the frametime with it is wank). As I'm currently running ACC in 2K60, I'm having high hopes my new PC will manage 4K60. If not, 2K60 on the highest settings will do me just fine.

Remaining PC parts are ordered and should arrive tomorrow. Gonna spend the week trying to assemble the new PC and hopefully it's ready by Thursday next week. I'm excited but also a bit scared hahaha. 😅

9 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

From my experience, I don’t think you’re going to get 4k 60 Meers. You might get 1440p 60 though, which will still look great.

1440p60 already looks pretty good on the ol' laptop, but I've hardly any graphical detail on to compensate for that performance. I'm a firm believer in 1440p being a great resolution for gaming. I find that jumping from 1080p to 1440p seems more noticeable than 1440p to 3840p (when comparing static images anyway), so I'm sure the new hardware can run 1440p60 (with added gfx) without breaking a sweat now, and still have some overhead for full grids.

Fingers crossed!

The 1070 will struggle with 4K, so if you're happy with 1440p just push up those shiny's at 60fps and enjoy :)  I was using a mixture of high and ultra settings at 1440p from what I remember.

Hi guys! My brother was here over the weekend, showed him the sim, don't think I've touched the rig since Oct/nov... anyways, really excited to get back on it! Work is quiet so hoping to be around a bit more. Anything new I should be aware of, rules, server etc? Did I read something about a DLC?

Hope you're all well :)

Welcome back !.

Yes there is new DLC of some new cars. including an M2.  @Meers has learned to drive well. @davejm hurt his arm. And Automobilista 2 is available on Humble Bundle and we may use it in the season 9 mid season break.

I think that's about it. 

20 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

Welcome back !.

Yes there is new DLC of some new cars. including an M2.  @Meers has learned to drive well. @davejm hurt his arm. And Automobilista 2 is available on Humble Bundle and we may use it in the season 9 mid season break.

I think that's about it. 

Haha thanks for the updates :D

16 minutes ago, davejm said:

Great to hear from you @SANtoOos!!

Yep, grab the new DLC.  We're starting a new mini-season in the 4 new (non-GT3) cars starting Thursday; first race in the BMW M2 CS at Oulton Park :)

Looking forward to it! Will grab the DLC

Hey Luís! Nice to hear from you again mate!

39 minutes ago, SANtoOos said:

Anything new I should be aware of, rules, server etc?

Yeah, it is now forbidden to overtake Dutch drivers. 😜

34 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

@Meers has learned to drive well.

Just got my license from @mrben09. It looks like it was made with MS Paint though...

5 hours ago, Meers said:

Thinking of it...it would be amazing if more of the 'old guard' would come and join us again. 😀

I'd really love to drive this week to try out the new cars, but I'm rehearsing 😭

57 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

I'd really love to drive this week to try out the new cars, but I'm rehearsing 😭

we’ve got a few weeks of them, if that’s any hope? I feel like these might end up being used more often in future than we do the old “novelty” cars, or at least some of them. 

@Meers and I just spent an hour or so razzing the M2s round Oulton.  Great fun.  But damn that BMW likes to break away at the rear.  The left hander at turn 2 spat me off into the left barrier on too many laps. I dont normally crash there in GT3s 😆.   I can see the race being fun, but with a lot of accidents...

8 hours ago, Valver said:

@Meers and I just spent an hour or so razzing the M2s round Oulton.  Great fun.  But damn that BMW likes to break away at the rear.  The left hander at turn 2 spat me off into the left barrier on too many laps. I dont normally crash there in GT3s 😆.   I can see the race being fun, but with a lot of accidents...

I can't get along with this car at all, which is weird because I love the GT4s. It just doesn't like sudden changes of direction and I've not been able to tune that out. Even swerving to warm up the tyres will make you lose control. :hmm:

I've got AMS2 too, but won't install it until I've got the new PC all set up. The parts should arrive today. And then I have to find some time to build it. 😅

13 hours ago, Meers said:

What if we change the day? Would that enable more people to join?

Poll time?

It would probably cause just as many issues for others tbh mate and rehearsals are a bit of a movable feast for me.  

22 hours ago, Meers said:

Yeah, it is now forbidden to overtake Dutch drivers. 😜

Bit of a weird one but I suppose rules are rules! ;)

22 hours ago, davejm said:

I developed a new website too, for tracking practice times...

https://rllmuk-racing.com/

This is awesome Dave! 

Tried logging into the server yesterday but couldn't find it for some reason, will try again later. Missed driving! 

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | rllmuk GT U.S Cup starting Thursday!