IGNORED

Assetto Corsa Competizione | rllmuk GT U.S Cup starting Thursday!

davejm

13 minutes ago, milko said:

The computer subfolder of Ask the Forum might be worth running it by, @Meers. I don't know nothin' about AMD personally, I just know ACC will cheerfully eat anything you can give it.

Good call, figured I'd ask in here first. I'll lift it over!

11 minutes ago, davejm said:

DLC is out.  Downloading now :)

Sweet, will do the same tonight.

3 minutes ago, davejm said:

Shitty Steam store... I had to link through from a post on Jardier's Discord :D

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1865950/Assetto_Corsa_Competizione__Challengers_Pack/

Ta!  I couldn't find it on the store either - that link did it though.

Other than the new cars, the patch also adds a few things - the ones Ive bolded look interesting!

GAMEPLAY:
- Added UI and gameplay and Multiplayer support for new car groups introduced in the DLC.
Grid mixing is now compatible with all car groups.
- Next lap invalidation added for a number of tracks when extending the final corner.
- Fixed a game crash in full-season 2021 championship when selecting a specific AMG entry.

PHYSICS:
- Fixed an issue with the automatic setup feature erroneously compensating for water film.
- Fixed an erroneous behaviour in bumpstop simulation.
- Fixed reversed fast bump damper slider and new fast damping values for all cars.
- Improved steering axis and relative FFB forces and tweaks in all cars FFB values.
(might need slight adjustments from the user, we also remind that you can change FFB gain while driving with numerical pad keys 8 and 2)
- Tweaks in camber gain and toe angle influence on tyre forces.
- Tweaks in tyres rolling resistance.
- Tweaks in tyre heating generation.
Balancing tweaks for the following cars and track categories:
- BMW M4 GT3 - all track groups.
- McLaren 720S GT3 - all track groups.
- Honda NSX GT3 Evo - all track groups.
- Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO - all track groups.

@Valver I would also have bolded that last bit about the BoP!  The stuff about camber gain and toe angle might be a bit important too, come to think about it, nerfing the not-an-exploit! Reckon it's M4 and Macca given a bashing and Honda and Lambo a boost?

Now I'm gonna be torn between trying to get a decent qualifying lap and messing around with all this new stuff tonight.

Early observations testing some of these things around Laguna Seca, might be coloured by me being crap and not knowing how to drive properly:

Patch effects: I found it pretty hard to get to grips with my McLaren for a while, and don't seem to be quite as sharp on turn-in for slow corners. Dunno. Raised my ride heights a bit and managed to turn in a good lap after ages going around with 0.4s deltas and messing it up every time. Whatever they've done seems fairly subtle to me.

BMW M2: Heeheehee, this should be fun going four-wide into corners. It does feel slow though!

Audi R8 Evo2: Oooh. I only had a very short blast, wasn't particularly quick but felt so much safer than I did in the Macca. Might have to be my car next season.

Lambo ST2: Heeheeheeheehee, lots of power and a good noise. Quite a handful. Just look at it!

Ferrari Challenge: Heehehehehehehehheheheee, way too much power, turbo tweeting, wheelspinning out of the pitlane in fourth gear is hilarious.

Porsche 992: ehehehhehehehahe, also amazing engine noise and wheelspinning. Simultaneously lovely to drive and deadly. Can't wait to race this thing.

@milko on provisional pole for the race later :)  I couldn't muster the enthusiasm to get on last night, even with the new DLC being released.  It always seems harder to get back into it after a few days away.  I did a 10k run (my furthest for a while), and just couldn't drag myself off the sofa afterwards.

I'll try and get a time set later, but I might just start from the back.  I'll leave the qualifying server up until 6:30pm.

image.png.cd5d574099589a54227cd2b2da76f451.png

19 hours ago, Meers said:

Case
PSU

RAM

Main SSD

GTX1070 GPU

Still on the 'to order' list:

MoBo

Secondary SSD

CPU
I'll get a new Windows license when I have assembled it all. Any tips on where I can get the best deal?

I'd bump up the PSU to 850W, so if you do come across a decent 3000 series card at some point, it will drop in no issues. Ah, I see you already have it, and the 550 will run what you have currently so just bear it in mind.

I'd probably go for a modular PSU as well (the cables out to the components are plugged into the PSU separately rather than that one fat cable bundle coming out ), but that's just personal preference (and now a moot point).

Windows licence keys. https://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/search.php?search_query=windows+10+pro&x=0&y=0 Others may have an opinion. I've never had an issue with these guys.  

I've got a the Intel version of that board. Its fine. 

CPU. I know nothing about AMD, but sure it will be ok.

SSD. Good choice !

I have a guy coming round after work to drill the fuck out of my garage to fit a ground anchor for my new motorcycle.  Hopefully he will be done and gone in time. I would love to tell him "I'm battling for last place with myself for 1.5 hours tonight, can we do it another day?" But he's doing the work for nothing !. Hopefully see you all later .

I'm touch and go with builders too today still. Fingers crossed. Also here's a stat that tells a story:

1955420814_Screenshot2022-03-24090658.png.79e135ba00660bd997c9d1892c8fe748.png

No matter if I'm pole or not there is almost zero chance of me driving Laguna Seca for 90 minutes without binning it several times!

I'm hearing that the changes to the Honda effectively are secretly making it the 2022 Evo 2 model. Intriguing! I'll have to give that a try, I did always like driving it even though it wasn't ideal for my (ahem) skill level.

660971484_Screenshot2022-03-24092553.png.19c5f4a8fa2a3a3d73c82eb97025ec01.png

The rest of my story after doing those 40 shit laps: quitting out in a huff and testing the DLC cars offline for 15 minutes or so, then popping back on to do an outlap, one hotlap for provisional pole, and then stopping. Much more efficient!

When you're hot, you're hot! Hahaha no literally I spent about 30 of 40 laps having that laptime get screwed up at the corkscrew or the corner before it, quit in a huff, then came back and nailed it first time. 

8 hours ago, winky said:

Aye, should be. Hope to do some practice later this afternoon. 

Nice one, remember that this week is the 90 minute endurance so the starting grid is based on the qualifying time set on the server.  So if you can get a time set before 6:55ish that would be good :D

20 minutes ago, davejm said:

Nice one, remember that this week is the 90 minute endurance so the starting grid is based on the qualifying time set on the server.  So if you can get a time set before 6:55ish that would be good :D

yeah - cheers. I might have to bail out tonight ... should know in the next 30 minutes if I need to help my folks tonight

11 minutes ago, winky said:

yeah - cheers. I might have to bail out tonight ... should know in the next 30 minutes if I need to help my folks tonight

Ah just noticed you have set a time anyway 😂

28 minutes ago, milko said:

goddamnit @EuroVapeSim2 don't you dare! (it's fun being able to refresh the rllmuk-racing site)

Looks like you hung onto the top spot, just!! 😃

EDIT: or have you?  Can still see someone signed onto the server (although I'm not in-game so not sure who!)

24 minutes ago, davejm said:

Looks like you hung onto the top spot, just!! 😃

EDIT: or have you?  Can still see someone signed onto the server (although I'm not in-game so not sure who!)

Kick em off, it's after 6.30pm 😀

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | rllmuk GT U.S Cup starting Thursday!