Jump to content

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Pre-season Testing @ Silverstone


davejm
 Share

Recommended Posts

Looks like you CAN'T switch off haptic trigger feedback on the PS5 version. I'm skipping this - GT7 in a week - see you later ACC

 

EDIT - I've been made aware you can turn this off in the PS5' system menu - so it's back on lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I understood that this update brought many of the PC features on consoles. FoV and camera adjustments, improved tyre physics and FFB. Sounds good.

 

Looks like I cant drive this track, so far my best is only 1:32.5 and the car behaves oddly. I mean, the Audi is slow, Aris please buff it. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Erik said:

I understood that this update brought many of the PC features on consoles. FoV and camera adjustments, improved tyre physics and FFB. Sounds good.

 

That's great, but it still needs one thing badly: cross-platform online play.

 

10 hours ago, Erik said:

Looks like I cant drive this track, so far my best is only 1:32.5 and the car behaves oddly. I mean, the Audi is slow, Aris please buff it. 😉

 

You're so slow man. Like, why are you even competing, slowpoke? 😅 😜

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Meers said:

 

That's great, but it still needs one thing badly: cross-platform online play.

 

 

You're so slow man. Like, why are you even competing, slowpoke? 😅 😜

 

Cross platform play wont be a thing. Consoles will be always dragging behind PC updates, they have cut corners in places in physics and even the latest gen only supports max 30 cars, older ones 20.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Meers said:

Still though, in an ideal world...

Also no entrylists or team races. So big grid endurance races where ACC really shines are missing completely on consoles.

 

I think this about a second off the pace. Comparing laps I noticed that the McLaren is about 4 kph faster at the ends of front and back straights and those straights arent particularly long or even straight. 🤔

audibrands.PNG.50fddd135e35458d5687bf51c524f8c8.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Erik said:

Comparing laps I noticed that the McLaren is about 4 kph faster at the ends of front and back straights and those straights arent particularly long or even straight. 🤔

 

Not to worry though, I make plenty of mistakes to compensate for it! 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, davejm said:

I have a face-to-face appointment in the morning.

 

Good, much better than digital consulting. Hopefully the antibiotics will sort the infection out good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Console(PS5) update a bit meh. I’ve seen Lots of issues with FFB with various wheels on Twitter.

I just wanted a quick look last night to see if frame rate/graphics were much better and private lobbies and wasn’t on my sim rig. On the pad as default it had gears on L1/R1 which is madness when L2/R2 are brakes/accelerator. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, winky said:

I’ve got 8 tenths if I can somehow pull together a perfect lap. It would be so sweet to top @Erik but we all know it will just make him mad and he will find another second!

 

It's akin to poking him with a cattle prod - he'll just go faster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Junker said:

Console(PS5) update a bit meh. I’ve seen Lots of issues with FFB with various wheels on Twitter.

I just wanted a quick look last night to see if frame rate/graphics were much better and private lobbies and wasn’t on my sim rig. On the pad as default it had gears on L1/R1 which is madness when L2/R2 are brakes/accelerator. 

 

Ouch, that doesn't sound good re the FFB issues. Have the framerate and visuals been improved then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I couldn't test the framerate as for some bizarre reason my Fanatec pedals (which work just fine with GT Sport and F1) have their inputs jammed on whenever I touch them 😂 - wondered what was going on at first when my car would come to a screaming, shuddering halt just out of the pits. Turns out as soon as I press the throttle that gets stuck on, and when I then press the brake to try and stop the car that gets jammed on too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

I couldn't test the framerate as for some bizarre reason my Fanatec pedals (which work just fine with GT Sport and F1) have their inputs jammed on whenever I touch them 😂 - wondered what was going on at first when my car would come to a screaming, shuddering halt just out of the pits. Turns out as soon as I press the throttle that gets stuck on, and when I then press the brake to try and stop the car that gets jammed on too.

 

You're on PC, right? Which pedals do you use?

And when the car is standing still, do you hear the engine revving to the max? If so, set the throttle and brake inputs to 'inverted' in the controls menu (there\s a tick box for it).

 

4 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

Tonight !!! ????

 

 

In the Netherlands, we're a day ahead of you. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

I couldn't test the framerate as for some bizarre reason my Fanatec pedals (which work just fine with GT Sport and F1) have their inputs jammed on whenever I touch them 😂 - wondered what was going on at first when my car would come to a screaming, shuddering halt just out of the pits. Turns out as soon as I press the throttle that gets stuck on, and when I then press the brake to try and stop the car that gets jammed on too.


That sounds like an issue I had with the PC version - I had to invert the pedal inputs in the controls settings.

 

Edit: or what Meers said :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Meers said:

 

Ouch, that doesn't sound good re the FFB issues. Have the framerate and visuals been improved then?

Yes but I only had a brief look so only

me in a Lambo lapping Nurburgring on a pad for 10 mins.

The real test will be with a grid full of cars but I didn’t have time. 
 One thing I did notice- Car / team select screen the car models are fidelity wise what you’d see on Xbox360. I had to check I wasn’t still on the PS4 version.

 I mean it doesn’t matter and I don’t want to shit on this game as I’d LOVE it to be brilliant but it’s still got a bit to go I think 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Junker said:

Yes but I only had a brief look so only

me in a Lambo lapping Nurburgring on a pad for 10 mins.

The real test will be with a grid full of cars but I didn’t have time. 
 One thing I did notice- Car / team select screen the car models are fidelity wise what you’d see on Xbox360. I had to check I wasn’t still on the PS4 version.

 I mean it doesn’t matter and I don’t want to shit on this game as I’d LOVE it to be brilliant but it’s still got a bit to go I think 

 

That might actually be carry over from PC, at least partly. They made car models and other stuff in menus a lot lighter to help people with lower end PCs. You should still see full quality car when you enter car selection and livery edit menu though.

 

48 minutes ago, winky said:

I’ve got 8 tenths if I can somehow pull together a perfect lap. It would be so sweet to top @Erik but we all know it will just make him mad and he will find another second!

 

Do it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Count Buffalos said:


That sounds like an issue I had with the PC version - I had to invert the pedal inputs in the controls settings.

 

Edit: or what Meers said :D


Cheers guys - this is actually on the PS5 version so unfortunately no option to invert pedals! On the settings screen their inputs seem off until I press each pedal - they’re then both jammed on and there’s nothing I can do about it.

 

Well, apart from go back to GT Sport :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kiroquai said:


Cheers guys - this is actually on the PS5 version so unfortunately no option to invert pedals! On the settings screen their inputs seem off until I press each pedal - they’re then both jammed on and there’s nothing I can do about it.

 

Well, apart from go back to GT Sport :)

 

I had a similar thing, but didn't get to driving, and I'm not really sure how I resolved it either (helpful I know!)

 

I pressed the brake and it went 100% red on the control screen.  The throttle did the same.

I loaded a saved control setting from my PS4 version and that fixed it, it worked fine from there.

 

FFB on PS5 is about half, or less of what it should be, and some of the dials on my McLaren rim that worked on PS4 don't on PS5.

 

Appearance wise, it looks decent enough.  It has some comedy elements which possibly carry through to the PC version as well, most of the OSD being rendered using dynamic fonts or whatever, but some elements seem like bitmaps that haven't been upscaled and look low res (I don't recall which, possibly the weather indicator?).

The interior rear view screen in the Aston I was driving looked like a PS1 game :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, kiroquai said:

Cheers guys - this is actually on the PS5 version so unfortunately no option to invert pedals! On the settings screen their inputs seem off until I press each pedal - they’re then both jammed on and there’s nothing I can do about it.

 

Ah I thought you had it on PC. Isn't the controls menu the same on all versions then? Here's (part of) the PC menu:

 

image.png.6e309a05513657cba8311bac38d633dd.png

 

If you hit the little 'drop down' arrows, you can set the controls to 'inverted' (on PC at least).

 

If those are not there, I suspect that your pedals aren't compatible with the PS5 (version of the game). Which pedals are you using?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Corranga said:

 

I had a similar thing, but didn't get to driving, and I'm not really sure how I resolved it either (helpful I know!)

 

I pressed the brake and it went 100% red on the control screen.  The throttle did the same.

I loaded a saved control setting from my PS4 version and that fixed it, it worked fine from there.

 

FFB on PS5 is about half, or less of what it should be, and some of the dials on my McLaren rim that worked on PS4 don't on PS5.

 

Appearance wise, it looks decent enough.  It has some comedy elements which possibly carry through to the PC version as well, most of the OSD being rendered using dynamic fonts or whatever, but some elements seem like bitmaps that haven't been upscaled and look low res (I don't recall which, possibly the weather indicator?).

The interior rear view screen in the Aston I was driving looked like a PS1 game :lol:

 

That sounds like a horribly bad port really. Is there a way that you can upload a video or screenshots of that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Meers said:

 

Ah I thought you had it on PC. Isn't the controls menu the same on all versions then? Here's (part of) the PC menu:

 

image.png.6e309a05513657cba8311bac38d633dd.png

 

If you hit the little 'drop down' arrows, you can set the controls to 'inverted' (on PC at least).

 

If those are not there, I suspect that your pedals aren't compatible with the PS5 (version of the game). Which pedals are you using?

 

 

 

I was watching a Basic Oli stream yesterday and he was playing the PS5 version, and it doesn't seem to have any options like that on console :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cleaned up the leaderboard (by removing duplicate names) to show everyone's fastest laps.

 

image.png.7845fd0800c6d7dc947c05a72d9ea778.png

 

It's race day! Please make sure you've registered for the race, or if you won't partake - have unregistered from the race (if you had registered yourself earlier).

 

Hopefully see you all there tonight (yes, this time it's tonight)!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice one @Meers  Good shout on the duplicate name removal.  I had it like this to start with, but thought it might be useful for people to compare times.  I don't think it makes much difference most weeks when we're in the same car, but I could include the option to flip between.

 

I might be on to spectate.  If so I'll take the highlights and upload.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, davejm said:

I was watching a Basic Oli stream yesterday and he was playing the PS5 version, and it doesn't seem to have any options like that on console :(

 

One of the reasons I switched from console to PC for racing was back when AC was released for Xbox One. Loved it on the Xbox, so I tried it on PC and discovered that it had many more options, features and a huge community. I realised that for sim racing I definitely should be on PC (still use the XBO for everything else though - best of both worlds).

I think it's a shame that these titles don't get ported 1:1. I don't get why the options we mentioned above are omitted from console versions. It's insane!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Pre-season Testing @ Silverstone

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.