Jump to content

Assetto Corsa Competizione | Pre-season Testing @ Silverstone


davejm
 Share

Recommended Posts

I love the slightly sarcastic undertone you have in that 2nd bit. I know what you mean though - if I would be sim racing as much as I'm watching Netflix with mrs Meers then I'd be alien by now. 😅

 

She has watched Drive to Survive with me and has more understanding for my racing obsessions. Granted, se watched it more for the drama than the actual racing, but nevertheless. We've rinsed The Crown and I must say it was really rather good. Now looking for something else to watch so any recommendations are welcome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Meers said:

I love the slightly sarcastic undertone you have in that 2nd bit. I know what you mean though - if I would be sim racing as much as I'm watching Netflix with mrs Meers then I'd be alien by now. 😅

 

She has watched Drive to Survive with me and has more understanding for my racing obsessions. Granted, se watched it more for the drama than the actual racing, but nevertheless. We've rinsed The Crown and I must say it was really rather good. Now looking for something else to watch so any recommendations are welcome.

 

Racing related? Rush and Talladega Nights of course 😉

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Nh_3JCFj8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wish I was joking to some extent. Outside of sports, I watch films on planes (obviously that has been curtailed somewhat recently) . I have never downloaded a film. I own 8 DVD's, last one of which was bought about 20 years ago. During the move around, I found all 4 of my VHS's (OG Star Wars trilogy plus Madonna Immaculate Collection (?) - no idea, I think it was owned by a lad I shared a house with at uni.

 

I do take an occasional interest in the odd episode of something Mrs B watches. Vigil looked alright for 30 minutes for example.  My entire Netflix consumption has been sports docs up until last week.  Next week, I'm going to the cinema for the first time since Avatar, as I move along my journey to reintegrate with normal consumptive society. Not Thursday ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EuroVapeSim2 said:

I had a feeling something was up as that was my worst corner of the whole track and all of a sudden I was beside you, that explains it alright.

 

 

I noticed my worst corners is the acceleration phase out of tight corners, I feel I can never get car placement right and I'm late and inconsistent on the throttle, I struggled at the tight turn before the run onto the back straight (virage du camp) and the last corner (virage du pont). I will have to focus practicing more corners like these ones, I see a hairpin in Snetterton I know already I'll struggle with.

 

I was struggling with the last corner all week as well, albeit not as much as I struggled with that super late apex one a few turns earlier. Snetterton's got the hairpin at turn 2 (pretty traditional, you should be alright) and then the very last corner is quite a handful to figure out as you come into it from a sweeping long right-hander and there's a big fat sausage kerb. Oh and the weird combination at the end of the Bentley straight... it's got a lot of corners is what it's got.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Meers said:

 

She has watched Drive to Survive with me and has more understanding for my racing obsessions. Granted, se watched it more for the drama than the actual racing, but nevertheless. We've rinsed The Crown and I must say it was really rather good. Now looking for something else to watch so any recommendations are welcome.

 

To be honest, 'Senna' would probably be a pretty good watch for her - it's a documentary, granted, but it really brings out the drama and raw human emotion surrounding the guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EuroVapeSim2 said:

Ricky "Meerman" Bobby - Shake and Bake, Dear lord baby Jesus

 

@Meers next week after watching Talladega Nights

 

Those things mean nothing to me now indeed.

 

48 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

 

To be honest, 'Senna' would probably be a pretty good watch for her - it's a documentary, granted, but it really brings out the drama and raw human emotion surrounding the guy.

 

I watched it myself, not sure if it's a bit too heavy for her likings. We shall see. Good suggestion!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Meers said:

Those things mean nothing to me now indeed.

 

See the youtube link in my message above. 😉 

 

Besides the occasional movie and football world and euro championships I havent really watched TV for years... I mostly play or read. F1 and enduro races I watch on my PC.

 

I recently built an air rifle "range" in my apartment. The lane goes across my bedroom and living room. 😁 Offhand shooting at the 5 mm / 0,2" bullseye takes a lot of concentration and focus on many small details and trying to minimize heartrate and muscle vibration. I find it great way to relax and clear thoughts after work and dinner, before racing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Erik said:

Two uneventful races for me, but I'm happy with how good my car was and laptimes were excellent considering I hadnt practiced more than an hour. My fastest lap in race 2 was 1:54.0 and I nearly turned 1:53 multiple times just to make a mistake in the final corner. I cant thank enough all the sponsors, Aston Martin, Thrustmaster, Logitech, nVidia, Laphroaig, wouldnt be here wihout you. It looked very, very close from P2 to P8 in both races!


This man picks good whisky.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Erik said:

 

See the youtube link in my message above. 😉 

 

Besides the occasional movie and football world and euro championships I havent really watched TV for years... I mostly play or read. F1 and enduro races I watch on my PC.

 

I recently built an air rifle "range" in my apartment. The lane goes across my bedroom and living room. 😁 Offhand shooting at the 5 mm / 0,2" bullseye takes a lot of concentration and focus on many small details and trying to minimize heartrate and muscle vibration. I find it great way to relax and clear thoughts after work and dinner, before racing.

What make of rifle if you don’t mind me asking ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I was kind of happy to have an excuse not to race at Snetterton since hockey season has started back up, but it turns out that we don't practice on Thursdays until November. So I guess I gotta take a closer look at that track after all, but let it be know that I absolutely hate that damn layout, lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, mrben09 said:

What make of rifle if you don’t mind me asking ?

 

Steyr Mannlicher Match 91. Its quite old, from 1993. Its from the time before PCP was a thing. It looks similar to the one below:

 

Spoiler

88506189_steyrmannlichermatch91co2.thumb.jpg.3cfd0dc943c66bac6be732caf7e6f5c6.jpg

 

I turned a dozen laps around Snetterton and the best one was 1:49.152. I'm not sure if I like or hate this track but I'm sure that time will get beaten. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yannik said:

Well, I was kind of happy to have an excuse not to race at Snetterton since hockey season has started back up, but it turns out that we don't practice on Thursdays until November. So I guess I gotta take a closer look at that track after all, but let it be know that I absolutely hate that damn layout, lol

 

The classic 200 layout is so much better than Snetterton 300, but it's still not a bad track once you get used to it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present the case for the defence. The following video evidence will show my client taking the same line through the corner at the end of the straight on two occasions. One chasing down @milko and a second several laps later, chasing down @Meers.

 

You will notice that my client takes the same line, as he does on most laps, but for reasons known only to itself, the accused Mercedes GT3 vehicle throws itself off the track and into the wall on the second occasion. It is clear from the evidence that despite his role as the 'driver', my client is entirely blameless in this accident.

 

 

Thank you for your time.

 

The defence rests, m'lud.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huh, that was not the part of the corner I was expecting to be the crashing part! It just managed to beach itself on the kerb that time? I am also no expert but it seems to me quite probable that Meers had some kind of switch on his new rim that raised the kerb 10mm after he’s safely passed it. 
 

(Lol “Paul Richard” has really ticked me for some reason)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, milko said:

I am also no expert but it seems to me quite probable that Meers had some kind of switch on his new rim that raised the kerb 10mm after he’s safely passed it.

 

1 hour ago, Count Buffalos said:

Tbh it sounds like the sort of thing he might do. Probably something to do with his new rim. 

 

I must say I am appalled by this accusation! Show me proof that I mapped an African Swallow to one of the buttons on my new rim!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Erik said:

 

Steyr Mannlicher Match 91. Its quite old, from 1993. Its from the time before PCP was a thing. It looks similar to the one below:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

88506189_steyrmannlichermatch91co2.thumb.jpg.3cfd0dc943c66bac6be732caf7e6f5c6.jpg

Gents , please welcome aboard our sponsors for series 6, Steyr Mannlicher. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Pre-season Testing @ Silverstone

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.