Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu

10 hours ago, Count Buffalos said:

Another problem was that the mic would hardly show any level in the test, even messing around with the automatic gain, so I’m not entirely sure it’s not that too. Annoying either way.

Could the mic input level have changed in Windows? Somewhere in audio settings you can change the mic volume. Sounds like it's more complicated than that though... One day my Discord decided not to open anymore and a fresh install fixed it, worth trying. 

I've tried re-installing but I'm unconvinced it's going to make a difference. Rest assured that I can hear everyone though. I've ordered a new headset too, but it won't arrive until tomorrow.

@SharkyOB - I heard you and @SANtoOos talking about ideal tyre pressures for the GT4s. Aris was saying on stream the other evening that the ideal is around 30psi.

8 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

@SharkyOB - I heard you and @SANtoOos talking about ideal tyre pressures for the GT4s. Aris was saying on stream the other evening that the ideal is around 30psi.

Interesting!  I wonder why the ideal is so much higher for the GT4s, heavier cars maybe?  I'd have thought the increased downforce of the GT3s would necessitate higher pressures. 

Sorry, ended up quitting as was having a nightmare race. Ran into someone, then went to pits and forgot to change tyre selection to wets, so it sent me out in dry tyres, spent a few laps trying to tip-toe around back to the pits, only to spin out again, so gave up. Hopefully a sunny day for next weeks race.

Also out. Was not having a great time in the rain but made up 2 spots . Got hit up the backside accidentally by@Count Buffalos . And then had back to back pits as the car would not sort itself , steering all over the place .That cost me 5 mins plus the lap hobbling around.  Was in 12th , which I assume is my finishing position, so seemed a good time to stop. 

New car for next season and if that don’t work, I’m back on COD.

Epic race - absolutely gutted for @SharkyOB toward the end of the race. Happy to take the win, but that was gifted to me. Still, easily the best wet racing experience I have ever had, that was phenomenal in VR. :wub:

Congrats to Sharky on another well deserved championship! Also great to see pretty much everyone improving this season. Thanks again @davejm for organising this. :hug:

1 hour ago, mrben09 said:

Also out. Was not having a great time in the rain but made up 2 spots . Got hit up the backside accidentally by@Count Buffalos . And then had back to back pits as the car would not sort itself , steering all over the place .That cost me 5 mins plus the lap hobbling around.  Was in 12th , which I assume is my finishing position, so seemed a good time to stop. 

New car for next season and if that don’t work, I’m back on COD.

Yeah, sorry dude. I tried to brake early into Degna 1 but you braked earlier than that, wholly my fault. I didn’t realise it was such a hard impact either, apologies.

28 minutes ago, Thor said:

Epic race - absolutely gutted for @SharkyOB toward the end of the race. Happy to take the win, but that was gifted to me. Still, easily the best wet racing experience I have ever had, that was phenomenal in VR. :wub:

Congrats to Sharky on another well deserved championship! Also great to see pretty much everyone improving this season. Thanks again @davejm for organising this. :hug:

19 minutes ago, SANtoOos said:

I, for one, welcome our @SharkyOBoverlord. Congratulations man! 

First wet ACC race, struggled at first and broke the car so lost minutes, but got into the flow at the end. Sorry @willmill that was me you hit, I spun and ended up in your way, sorry about that.

Thanks @davejm, excellent job making this happen! 

Haha, thanks guys!  Made up with the championship, but can't believe I binned it tonight and how tiny my mistake was that sent me into the wall!  Defo a learning experience to stay focused even when everything is looking good.

Enjoyed that race so much tonight though.  The handling in this game is absolutely sublime, which comes across even more in the wet :wub:

Huge thanks as always to @davejm for organising and to everyone taking part, hopefully next season will be even better!

2 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

Yeah, sorry dude. I tried to brake earlier into Degna 1 but you braked earlier than that, wholly my fault. I didn’t realise it was such a hard impact either, apologies.

I didn’t nt think it was that hard either, but the car was fucked. Such is life, but I would have got out of the way on the straight. 

Wow - what a race.  Loved it.  Thanks @davejm for running this each week - so much fun.

I finished 5th!  My best result yet, and gifted me enough points to to beat @Mr Majestyk in the final standings by a single point :wub:

Congrats to @Thor for the win tonight, and @SharkyOB for winning Season2.

Highlights reel uploading to Youtube - will be along in a minute.  It has @SharkyOB binning it (twice) in it...

On 19/11/2020 at 22:29, mrben09 said:

I didn’t nt think it was that hard either, but the car was fucked. Such is life, but I would have got out of the way on the straight. 

Yeah, fair enough. Lesson learned.

Late edit: I’d also say that I wasn’t actually attempting to overtake you, it was just a complete misjudgment of your braking point from me.

1 minute ago, Count Buffalos said:

Good to see you tonight @beenabadbunny. Hell of a race for your first one with us!

I'm not sure if he set any laps.  I wondered if he'd ventured in after I sent the server details not realising we were mid race :D.  Anyway, great to have a new member of the roster.  Hopefully plenty of folks stick around for season 3.

7 hours ago, Thor said:

@Valver I'm pretty sure you and I have the same car, so I have to ask ... why have you got what looks like Mace Windu's lightsaber stuck to the roof of your car? How do I get a lightsaber???

It'll be one of the auxiliary light options you can add to your livery.  I have mine in the lower front grill of the GT-R, some cars let you light up the aerial.

2 minutes ago, Mr Majestyk said:

How's everyone feel about relaxing the car restrictions next season? I'm finding the sticking to one car less enjoyable, but interested to hear others thoughts. 

I'd like to stick with it as it makes identifying each other in the race easier and makes it more realistic for me.  Not a deal breaker, but I really don't like the whole 'picking a car because it's fastest at this track' thing, although I actually think switching cars will make you slower as you need to know your car inside out to be quick in this game.

Wow, that race was special! Can't believe I ended up 6th in those conditions with no practice at all! :omg:

I love Suzuka! I love rain racing! I love this game! I love you guys! You have got to be the best sim racing group I've ever played with/against.  :wub:

@SharkyOB, congrats on winning the championship (again). next time it's you in a GT4 and the rest of us in GT3. @Thor, congrats on winning the race!

@davejm, thank you very much for organising it all. The amount of time you put into this for us (and yourself of course) is highly appreciated.

@Valver, mate, what a ride you had. I had some good pace myself but I just couldn't catch you. At the start of the race I struggled with the slippy conditions so I increased the TC and ABS to 11 but that made the car too numb. Played around with it more and found the correct setting and was back on racing pace. The rest of my race was mainly alone (it really is dark on an OLED in HDR when you've got no other lights around) but thankfully dawn arrived soon. It all looked amazing, even on my C64.

Speaking of which, performance has been increased indeed I noticed. 60fps in the rain at night when it would normally chop the framerate back to 40. Tried a quick solo stint on Imola after the race and switched to 1440p instead of 1080p, and it still hit 70fps with slightly lowered settings (no frametime stutters either!). Impressive update this time around. 8-)

On to season 3!

Next week we're racing the GT4s around Zolder and Brands Hatch.

The server is configured for Zolder practice, and I'll alternate each day between the two circuits.  If anyone wants to practice on a specific evening on a specific track; I can switch days around.  It's set to allow for GT4 only at this point (so the timings that come out of practice reflect GT4 only), but on race day I will make this multi class for anyone that doesn't own the DLC and really wants to race (although please do just race the GT4 cars if you do own!).

In a change from our current sprint format, we'll start slightly early (only by 5 minutes) and have qualifying sessions for both races.  I don't get the sense that reverse grids are liked by all, particularly the slower drivers, so let's try it this way.

I'm going to put up another voting thread at some stage; so I'll include polls related to the sprint format but also other things; including whether to relax the 'one car' rule.

10 minutes ago, Meers said:

@davejm, thank you very much for organising it all. The amount of time you put into this for us (and yourself of course) is highly appreciated.

Thanks mate, and for everyone else that has thanked me.  It really isn't much time and effort, and its enjoyable.