Jump to content

Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu


scoobysi
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I got into the Suzuka mega entry classic (sponsored by Trill) and then realised it was also my wedding anniversary. Summits and negotiations are being held this week !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SharkyOB said:

 

From a circuit with unique character to another boring Tilke-drome, nope!

 

*puts it back in his bag and exits the scene

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No interest from the PowerQ community so far.  He's not been as active on Youtube lately, so I'd imagine the Discord is less busy.  But I've also seen other communities having to cancel events recently (even MrGit who has had mega grid 100 grid races in the past).  Perhaps the opening up of lockdown restrictions is having an effect?

 

I'm not sure a mixed grid race is worth it unless we can attract a few more peeps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, davejm said:

No interest from the PowerQ community so far.  He's not been as active on Youtube lately, so I'd imagine the Discord is less busy.  But I've also seen other communities having to cancel events recently (even MrGit who has had mega grid 100 grid races in the past).  Perhaps the opening up of lockdown restrictions is having an effect?

 

I'm not sure a mixed grid race is worth it unless we can attract a few more peeps.

 

Yea I definitely think this is the case. Just given my own experience finding the time to practice for races is becoming more and more difficult... unless you wanna tell your friends and family that virtual racing is more important than them 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, texlex45 said:

 

Yea I definitely think this is the case. Just given my own experience finding the time to practice for races is becoming more and more difficult... unless you wanna tell your friends and family that virtual racing is more important than them 😅

The only distraction for me is other hobbies. Mainly fishing and the only night it rained enough to bring the river level up was last Thursday! Of course by Saturday it was back to summer low 😕

 

If a car change is allowed I could be tempted to try another car, the Aston was fine while finding my feet but I wouldn’t mind trying something else, and it would mix up the field. That’s if no one minds… promise not to use the Porsche.

 

Not fussed if we prefer I keep the same car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its probably summer and people spending their time outdoors combined to football and vacations.

 

I will keep an eye on enduros in several communities and on raceapp.eu. Next big one that doesnt have only Germans is probably RCI's multiclass 10 h of Silverstone on July 31.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@davejm and other VR people, did you manage to run XIV Assistant (fuel overlay) in VR?

 

I installed Simhub, and added XIV as an overlay. It shows up in-race if I open the game via Simhub, but that doesn't start the game in VR. I get no overlays if I start it in VR through Steam. Also couldn't figure out how to bind a key to toggle it on/off, I went on the "controls and events" tab but can't find the correct command to bind it to, XIV doesn't seem to be listed. Totally new to Simhub, am I missing something really basic? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SANtoOos said:

@davejm and other VR people, did you manage to run XIV Assistant (fuel overlay) in VR?

 

I installed Simhub, and added XIV as an overlay. It shows up in-race if I open the game via Simhub, but that doesn't start the game in VR. I get no overlays if I start it in VR through Steam. Also couldn't figure out how to bind a key to toggle it on/off, I went on the "controls and events" tab but can't find the correct command to bind it to, XIV doesn't seem to be listed. Totally new to Simhub, am I missing something really basic? 

 

I didn't get around to trying.  I couldn't get the Discord overlay to work in VR and then remembered reading stuff online about overlays not playing nice with VR, so I didn't bother with simhub in the end.  If I had more time before the race I may have given it a go, but alas I managed the fuel the manual way and ended up with shit loads of fuel left 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if overlays work in Oculus mode at all.  I've switched to using OpenVR now (latest Quest 2 supports it) which gives the performance of Oculus mode but using Steam VR instead of Oculus.  But if you're using Oculus mode that might be why the overlays don't work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, davejm said:

I'm not sure if overlays work in Oculus mode at all.  I've switched to using OpenVR now (latest Quest 2 supports it) which gives the performance of Oculus mode but using Steam VR instead of Oculus.  But if you're using Oculus mode that might be why the overlays don't work.

Ah thanks! I actually tried both SteamVR and Oculus, no luck. I'll leave it off for now, my head still hurts from trying to get ACC to run well in my system, need a break from niggly PC stuff :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I have found my least favorite track-car combination in the game. Such a chore to fight the wobbling and sliding and oversteering car every single corner, every lap. Going from min to max in many setup sliders doesnt even do anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Erik said:

I think I have found my least favorite track-car combination in the game. Such a chore to fight the wobbling and sliding and oversteering car every single corner, every lap. Going from min to max in many setup sliders doesnt even do anything.

image.png.f830b42f48d4c4c6b84925a3914f9597.png

 

😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, DjScream3 said:

 

Good third place! Congratulations

 

I fail in the second lap :_ 

 

20210621215910_1.thumb.jpg.e3782e8aac51b4030cc630aa421ad67e.jpg

 

 

 

 

Thanks @DjScream3.  Was a strange race.  The standard of driving wasn't particularly great, and I managed to get third place despite a few of the other guys being much faster for raw pace.  Makes me feel good knowing that my consistency is paying off.  Had a really close battle for the podium position with Mica but his ping was awful, so he was jumping around all over the place and we ended up coming together (from my point of view) and he ended up sideways.   But there was no safety warning popup and in my rating screen it showed the session as being 100% clean.  So I imagine there was no actual contact server side. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Valver said:

I already cant be competitive in the Porsche, I don't need to another car I'm crap in 😆 

 

I have no sense of humor :D

 

I had a revelation late last night and then another one in sleep. So hopefully yesterday's 3 hours of banging head against the wall didnt go to waste. Now I'm also certain theres something in the BMW that works differently to other cars and at least partly explains why I've been chasing setups and why it behaves so oddly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I woke up early this morning and couldn't get back to sleep, so I spent two hours watching videos about slip angle, tyre behaviour and trail braking.

 

HELP ME! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dave I think I'll settle with the Aston Martin but... Is getting the same car for GT3 and GT4 a clever choice? My first guess is that it makes sense to use different cars to highlight that they have different dynamics.

 

On the bad news this morning I woke up with a terrible  left ankle artritis. I can't literally put the foot down when going to the toilet. I had to phone work  sick

I'm not sure what it is but I guess it could  related to my bad wrist last week.

I guess I can realign the  brake pedal to be used with the right foot but anyway racing now is not on the top of my priorities.

It sucks to be the last one on the server though 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

Not much further forward with the laptop, waiting for the go ahead to send it back. On the plus side, I’m going to Silverstone to watch the British GT race on Sunday :)

 

Oh man, if I didn't have family plans on Sunday I'd have come along too; as I live in Northamptonshire and my Uncle lives in Silverstone village. 

 

I need to start taking more notice of the schedule for the British GT so I can go to some of the events.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool. I’m not sure how good it’ll be tbh as spectators are essentially restricted to Luffield, the old pit straight and Copse. The MSV circuits will still have access everywhere and I presume pit lane access if permitted by Covid 19 restrictions. If we’re still looking to meet up: 

 

10/07 Donington Park

12/09 Oulton Park

17/10 Donington Park

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

35 minutes ago, Meers said:

Damn, they were in Zandvoort last weekend. Oh well, next year then. Dutch meet anyone?

I see it's just outside of Haarlem. I spent a very messy few days there travelling back to the UK, after my 2 months Inter-Railing post university .

Didn't do year outs gallivanting around Thailand when i was a boy !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.