Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu

scoobysi

34 minutes ago, DjScream3 said:

Hi my name is Jorge(George) I'm friend of Jose Pagan @daifuco my English is terrible so I'll probably stay quiet most of the time. Thanks for giving me a chance. Looking forward seeing you in the training server and on the race track. 😉

Welcome aboard Jorge !

8 hours ago, DjScream3 said:

Hi my name is Jorge(George) I'm friend of Jose Pagan @daifuco my English is terrible so I'll probably stay quiet most of the time.

Hi Jorge I'm glad you are here. Don't worry about your English thanks God this is not Eve Online anymore 😅 I know you are a respectful driver and that's what it matters. 

I know you don't like to give away your name online but you should have made one up when registering on simracing.gp. I don't think you can edit your name though.

I think my surname "Pagan" sounds fake but it is my actual name. 

Seems like I have some tendon issues is my upper arm, so the wheel might be off the cards for a while. Anybody got any recommended settings for the xbox one pad :(

Only got over my rotator cuff injury in the other arm a few months back, trying to avoid aggravating this for a couple of weeks and hoping I don't need physio!

52 minutes ago, Mr Majestyk said:

Seems like I have some tendon issues is my upper arm, so the wheel might be off the cards for a while. Anybody got any recommended settings for the xbox one pad :(

Only got over my rotator cuff injury in the other arm a few months back, trying to avoid aggravating this for a couple of weeks and hoping I don't need physio!

I think that overuse of the wheel a few months ago has given me tennis elbow so I feel your pain. It flares up from time to time but it’s not so bad as long as I limit time using the wheel.

To add to the injury list, my Covid tests came back positive! I'm feeling a bit fluey but OK really, deffo had worse colds/flus than this (so far anyways - knock on wood) My flatmate is continuing to test negative which is great. Gonna take the opportunity and do a bit of CPU overclocking :D

How are you all holding the wheel? It shouldnt be held too tight and not be too far or arms need to be held up constantly. Ive noticed that many sit very close to the wheel like NASCAR drivers... Less arm strain in long races probably. Heres Lando in his rig, notice how close his elbows are.

286477_w620_h500.jpg.c08aa5d9892cabbe5c0f8739cb70720a.jpg

Im super skinny with no arm strength but I have canoed and kayaked for 15+ years. Arm and hand fatigue has never been a problem, its always the left knee that I start to feel if I drive too long and forget to rest it on straights. :D

15 hours ago, Erik said:

Im super skinny with no arm strength but I have canoed and kayaked for 15+ years. Arm and hand fatigue has never been a problem, its always the left knee that I start to feel if I drive too long and forget to rest it on straights. :D

Yep the pesky left knee has always been my issue on longer stints. Anything over an hour it can start to feel quite weird / uncomfortable. What do you / others do during the race? Stretch, lean it against something? 

36 minutes ago, texlex45 said:

Yep the pesky left knee has always been my issue on longer stints. Anything over an hour it can start to feel quite weird / uncomfortable. What do you / others do during the race? Stretch, lean it against something? 

I rest left leg by straightening it on the straights. I think whats stressing the most isnt pressing the brake pedal, but lifting and holding the leg over the pedal before braking and when trail braking. Tracks with short straights and long corners where I need to trail brake most are the worst.

Unfortunately it looks like I will miss Spa race on July 8th. But I should be able to make it to remaining GT4 races and the final in Monza.

32 minutes ago, texlex45 said:

I have a stainless steel bracket in my left knee, which means I'm a (partially) cybernetic organism - living tissue over a metal endoskeleton. I can brake harder than ever before!

But in all seriousness...long stints makes my left knee ache a bit. I use the box where my laptop sits on to rest my left knee against. My right knee is leaning against the shifter stand. It's a toight fit in there. 😅

Yesterday evening I did my first 10 laps around Kayalami, it's one hell of a fun track. Definitely some tricky braking zones and hidden apexes, seems like there's a really good flow if you hook everything up, I get why people really like it.

I will be jumping on the practice server for an hour after work to see if I can put up a respectable time, I don't see myself being very fast this week as I have limited practice time.

5 hours ago, texlex45 said:

I try to rest the left leg on the clutch on the straights as the pedal is stiff enough and doesn't move (my clutch is deactivated in game anyways). I've spent a lot of time making sure my seating position is correct and comfortable, I like the wheel as close to me as possible, which means pedals are often too close for comfort on most rigs (I'm 6ft2). I've now managed to mount them at a really good position so my legs are straighter and relaxed. That makes a BIG difference on leg/knee/ankle tiredness, something to look into if your pedals are too close! If you sit high up or if you're legs are too bent it can mean you have tension on the leg at all times, so it never gets a chance to rest.

13 minutes ago, Erik said:

What are the pit stop rules in the next race? Is it just min. 1 liter of refuel to make it count or mandatory tyre swap?

1 pit stop for fuel AND/OR tyres. So as long as you park that car and change either of those you're good. I assume 1L is enough but correct me if I'm wrong people. Hm 🤔 What are you planning there Erik hahaha

I've got my wheel distance set so that at 90 degree rotation the arm at the 12 o'clock position is pretty much outstretched.  If I have it closer, rotating the wheel is uncomfortable on the wrists (specifically on the wrist that rotates down towards the 6 o'clock position).

10 minutes ago, SANtoOos said:

1 pit stop for fuel AND/OR tyres. So as long as you park that car and change either of those you're good. I assume 1L is enough but correct me if I'm wrong people. Hm 🤔 What are you planning there Erik hahaha

Nothing :) I think I have so far only driven sprint races with no stop or mandatory tyre swap.

For the new guys, I made a custom livery for my Lexus as the game doesn't allow you to edit it in-game. If you're into this sort of stuff, here's the link to it:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atird6NGsun_nRS2_qRBIYV_qNVY?e=Pt2kra

Copy and paste contents of the "Cars" and "Liveries" folders into corresponding folders inside ...\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Customs

PS: If anyone uses the Lexus ( @Pockets ?) I can share the original edit files or even change the colours for you. Only thing is other people will only see it if they download and drop those files in the above folder.

20201208150702_1.jpg

Just downloaded a few nice custom liveries for thursday :D And here is my quickest lap I've ever set at Kyalami from todays practice session. Maybe it can help one or two of you: 

I think we'd agreed to only allow downloaded liveries for those that choose the Lexus; which doesn't allow changes using the in-game editor due to licensing reasons.

The problem with these type of liveries, is that we'd have to download them too for them to be visible to us.  And they cause massive freezing spikes when someone with them joins the server.

Sorry to the new guys for not mentioning this before, I haven't exactly been hot on getting rules written down for this league 😆

Does anyone else get short freezes on this track? I get them before the esses and then more just when I'm turning into the dangerous penultimate corner. Not all the time but every 3rd lap or so.

9 minutes ago, Erik said:

¿Alguien más se congela brevemente en esta pista? Los consigo antes de las esses y luego más justo cuando doy la vuelta a la peligrosa penúltima esquina. No todo el tiempo, pero cada tercera vuelta más o menos.

mm, no, I have not had any problem like this