Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu

scoobysi

11 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

Well up for this and maybe some other single car type races as well (obv. not at  the expense of the UK + Holland(Netherlands)'s (now incorporating wider Europe) greatest GT3/GT4 league), the F1 is supposed to be amazing.

But I fear you might have to write us a noob guide to getting these mods up and running. Unless there is one kicking about elsewhere on the forum 

Indeed, ACC Thursdays would still be the priority but we could do some fun AC races in the off season weeks or even on some other days of the week in between every now and again.

2 hours ago, Mr Majestyk said:

Welcome to the i7-4790k club!

Loving it :)

1 hour ago, Meers said:

Nice one, @SANtoOos! Time to overclock that thing! :eyebrows:

Oh yeah! Overclocking GPU atm but never done CPU. Hopefully I can squeeze a little more performance out and I'll be happy! 

21 minutes ago, davejm said:

Indeed, ACC Thursdays would still be the priority but we could do some fun AC races in the off season weeks or even on some other days of the week in between every now and again.

As a recent dabbler in AC, I'd be up for that!

1 hour ago, Meers said:

Oh man, I was looking forward to go head-to-head with you as we're the only ones in the 1:52s. :(

Sorry @Meers , delivery might get done early and could be at the second race. Also might get on for first race qualifying - I feel quite confident on cold tyres.

Of course after that statement expect a first corner spin!

43 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

As a recent dabbler in AC, I'd be up for that!

So am I! AC runs like a dream on my hardware too so yes, please!

57 minutes ago, SANtoOos said:

Oh yeah! Overclocking GPU atm but never done CPU.

I've done some research on it as I was looking to squeeze more performance out of my i5 7300HQ. But unfortunately you can't OC a laptop's CPU.

It's done through the BIOS if I'm not mistaken. It's a bit risky so be careful not to fry it! Maybe it's wise not to risk it at all if you have little experience with it.

58 minutes ago, Meers said:

I've done some research on it as I was looking to squeeze more performance out of my i5 7300HQ. But unfortunately you can't OC a laptop's CPU.

Winners never quit and quitters never win! #goforit

seconds later...

image.png.01b7866c65fe04de346635637de8f530.png

OK, so the knee is basically fucked.  In so far that moving around the house is quite painful :(

The good news is that when I'm in the sim rig that's actually quite a comfortable position; and it doesn't feel worse when I apply brake pressure.  Gonna give it a go shortly!

Man, running. So bad for people. 

I'm properly exhausted today for some reason. I don't think I've got a proper reason or excuse though, just hoping I perk up later! 

15 minutes ago, davejm said:

OK, so the knee is basically fucked.  In so far that moving around the house is quite painful :(

The good news is that when I'm in the sim rig that's actually quite a comfortable position; and it doesn't feel worse when I apply brake pressure.  Gonna give it a go shortly!

I would advise against that. As someone who made it back for like two races last season and suffered through those in pain before ducking out again, it's just not worth it until you're actually feeling 100% recovered. It can feel fine during practice but during a race you realise that your muscles do tense up way more than you think and with the adrenaline going mid race you might not even notice until after the race when you go to stand up.

9 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

I would advise against that. As someone who made it back for like two races last season and suffered through those in pain before ducking out again, it's just not worth it until you're actually feeling 100% recovered. It can feel fine during practice but during a race you realise that your muscles do tense up way more than you think and with the adrenaline going mid race you might not even notice until after the race when you go to stand up.

Thanks mate, this is sensible advice and I'm caught in two minds at the moment.

I'm definitely not gonna race :(  I gave it a quick try and its a no-go.

I'll be on as a spectator (might try and get some good footage of some battles) and for forwarding of the server sessions etc.

EDIT: Server is now live with the race weekend configuration

11 minutes ago, davejm said:

I'm definitely not gonna race :(  I gave it a quick try and its a no-go.

I'll be on as a spectator (might try and get some good footage of some battles) and for forwarding of the server sessions etc.

EDIT: Server is now live with the race weekend configuration

Sorry to hear that Dave but certainly the smarter option. Better to miss 1-2 races giving it a rest rather than the whole league and of course missing out on all the other daily stuff happening in "real life". 

Get well soon! 🤞

Damn, unlucky guys. I bet as we get older this kind of thing is only going to happen more often.  "milko's missing the whole season because he threw his hip out trying to make a cup of tea" and all that. Actually I could still play using a gamepad in that situation :)

As with cars it's not just years since the factory, but miles on the clock, what kind of journey and how legit the maintenance schedule's been! 

19 minutes ago, milko said:

As with cars it's not just years since the factory, but miles on the clock, what kind of journey and how legit the maintenance schedule's been! 

image.png.1ffeeccc2ee83766310a8bd8580d382c.png

Last year I drove 8 h 45 min + 50 minutes of qualifying in one race. I forgot to rest my left leg and that race gave what must have been tennis elbow on the left knee. It took me almost 3 weeks to recover. If it hurts, something is wrong and you should probably rest!

Wow that was great fun! Deffo need to do more practicing in VR, still overwhelmed by everything (even emotions, yesterday I saw the side mirror of my Lexus for the first time and almost had a little cry 😆). Resolution is lower than ideal which deffo helped me spin while trying to follow @texlex45 cause the sausages at the chicane looked like a blob of custard (just finding excuses now). 

Still that battle with @Meers was of epic proportions! Unfortunately my replay didn't save (pretty sure I pressed save?) Could someone who's got it send the game file over to me pretty please? 

GT4s are loads of fun! 

Wow, that was so cool. Had some really nice little battles with quite a few of you, but then sitting in behind the @Meers@SANtoOos show was hilarious and basically I forgot most of anything else now. Every time I tried to get involved it seemed to cause a small bump or get me in trouble so I ended up hanging slightly back from it and watching the show for the most part and then snuck by when I got a chance. Lap after lap, side by side!

The first race was almost as funny just because I was resigning myself to finishing where I was at and then suddenly people started running out of fuel and getting into scrapes and I got the undeserved bonus places. 

if the @Valver highlights give us much of that craziness it’ll be very entertaining. It’s pretty much just worth watching most of race 2 in full, probably. 

3 hours ago, Count Buffalos said:

I'm pretty sure that I'm the oldest of the forum drivers by a few years :D

You think ? My early teenage years were spent mainly buying records on the label in my avatar. Ghost town ( the last big one) came out in 81. 

Thanks again everyone for the great racing, had some good battles in the first race and an unfortunate contact on the penultimate corner on the last lap.

23 minutes ago, SANtoOos said:

Resolution is lower than ideal which deffo helped me spin while trying to follow @texlex45 cause the sausages at the chicane looked like a blob of custard (just finding excuses now). 

Thank you for spinning, it lucked me into my first podium 😆. I'm sure when you get to used to the VR I won't have these sort of opportunities again.

I was sort of alone for most of race two but a couple mistakes from me in the last few laps let @SneakyNinja get really close behind and my stress levels sky rocketed. There was only 1 hundred in difference in our average clean lap pace, looking forward to many fun battles in the rest of the races.

Screenshot_20210520-230357_Chrome.jpg

11 minutes ago, milko said:

but then sitting in behind the @Meers@SANtoOos show was hilarious and basically I forgot most of anything else now. 

:lol: can't wait to see it

4 minutes ago, EuroVapeSim2 said:

Thank you for spinning, it lucked me into my first podium 😆. I'm sure when you get to used to the VR I won't have these sort of opportunity again.

I was sort of alone for most of race two but a couple mistakes in the last few laps let @SneakyNinja get really close behind and my stress levels sky rocketed. There was only 1 hundred in difference in our average clean lap pace, looking forward to many fun battles in the rest of the races.

Screenshot_20210520-230357_Chrome.jpg

Congrats man :D I'm sure there'll be plenty more coming

...just uploading them now.  Loads of action.    The @Meers @milko @SANtoOos battles look brilliant!

My race summary

Race 1 - qualified really well, then nearly got myself a drive through by getting over-excited and going full throttle as the green "stay at this speed" bar popped up and I mistook it for the green light saying go go go!  :doh:  Fortunately I stood on the brakes sharpish and fell back into my grid slot JUST as the race started.  Phew.  Then I had a fairly uneventful race, doing decent lap-times and staying ahead of whoever was behind.  Until the dying laps when @SANtoOos announced he was running on vapour, so I pushed a bit and caught him (although he actually retired as I got to the back of him) and I picked up a very respectable 4th!  

Race 2 - didn't string a decent lap together for qually, so started a bit down the pack, and then got in a tangle with @SharkyOB at the first complex and span out.  Looking on the replay you're definitely alongside me at the first turn, but then when I come to switch to the right you've dropped back to my rear quarter, and your nose pushed me round.  No worries - rubbing is racing etc etc.  I then chased the pack down from last and regained a few places.  The most amazing thing was on the last few laps, dicing with @Mr Majestyk .  I was faster but couldn't quite get past and stay past.  And on the last corner complex he went wide onto the dirt, but I couldn't quite capitalise and grab the inside for the final left because I'd dropped a wheel in the dirt too, but then as I'd resigned myself to finishing behind him he got a tank slapper going on after going over the kerb and shot off to the left towards the wall, gifting me the place in the last 100 yards!  Thanks - but felt bad for you man!