Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu

scoobysi

23 minutes ago, Meers said:

Not sure if joking, but 'schwanz' is tail in German. And aye, it also means cock in 'street' lingo. :lol:

Yeah, I learnt my German from the streets. There and awkward 1960s American courses with archaic grammar apparently. But then people in Berlin would tell me all the words for cock and various other things. 

Actually, I wonder if they were just trying to tell me something?

54 minutes ago, Valver said:

:blink2: What have I started!

Well that's what you get when you bring up languages in my vicinity. :doh:

My apologies. On topic then, and back to Anglais...

I've no time this week to try and better my time unfortunately, so that's pretty much it. Can't wait for Thursday's race! Just need a bit of luck and 2 cups of coffee. :ph34r:

28 minutes ago, Erik said:

Somehow the long and technical sector 2 is very close, 9 people within a second. Over the full lap 6 people are in 1 s.

GT4 has a much closer field, and I love it! Thursday's race is going to be very interesting. :D

And damn that time of yours! :hat:

33 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

The plethora of Porsches has morphed into an array of Astons.

I honestly have no idea how to go quicker :o

I had tried a couple of cars offline and the Aston suited me in terms of gearing and it’s easy to catch oversteer.

Now I have a better feel for the track I will probably go back to try some other cars offline - not sure if it’s too late to change cars now as I find my way about.

The BMW was lethal for my lead foot.

Yes interesting field I thought I would try a car I have never used before and thanks to a few tips from @Erik I quite like it so will stick with it for Thursdays race.

Any of the new guys please add me on Discord and Steam my steam id should be on this post

Thanks

39 minutes ago, Meers said:

GT4 has a much closer field, and I love it! Thursday's race is going to be very interesting. :D

And damn that time of yours! :hat:

I have a 1:52.x in best sectors, but its so easy to make a tiny mistake in any of the corners and bam its 2 or 3 tenths gone. Usually its under brakes: I brake too late, too hard, engage ABS and then understeer and miss the apex.

I probably cant race on Thursday, I'll either be away or practicing for weekend's endurance race because I'm still slow and way off the laptimes I want to be able to do. Also Paul Ricard has quite strict and weird track limits and I dont want to be the driver who gets the drive through penalty :D

30 minutes ago, winky said:

The BMW was lethal for my lead foot.

I too experienced oversteer first and lowered rear ride height all the way to lowest possible setting. But that oversteer is mostly gone once tyres are up to temperature and pressure(26.5-27.0 PSI) after 3 or 4 laps, and now I use higher rear than aggressive preset and it feels safe. But the BMW is definitely not as on rails nor as nice over kerbs as Porsche, AMG or Aston.

1 hour ago, davejm said:

Your time was set with 15 litres of fuel in the car, so is pretty fast really.  I was running on fumes when I set mine :D

Cool, that makes me feel better about it. Looks like we're the only ones in the McLaren too. :D

4 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

The plethora of Porsches has morphed into an array of Astons.

I've just done my practice session in the Porker - so you will not be alone on the grid, my Germanic-wheeled friend!

image.png.10786cec4ba26a4e0081ac3b63a54bea.png

22 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Did it have the same effect on you as it did on @SANtoOos last week??

Randy.jpg.ab226326d0855bcdf026e3563bdd5f0f.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: 

Great immersion for sure but my brain is not too fond yet of it. Might have to get used to it for a little while. 

25 minutes ago, Thor said:

Haha, VR us fucking magical when you first try it. :wub:

Hey @Thor, glad to see you still lurk here.  Any chance of you dipping your toe back into a few ACC races?  

Cheers @Valver and @Meers. Sadly my hands are giving me serious trouble due to my guitar practice having increased dramatically and my hands not being able to take it. If you follow the guitar thread you'll see I posted on the weekend about some new strings I tried which are great for my creaky hands. They were so great, however, that I over-did it and yesterday my right hand (I'm a lefty) was fucked. It's better today, but I clearly need to give it rest. Gripping a steering wheel like my life depends on it isn't a good idea right now. :(

Also, my Destiny 2 raid team recently got the band mostly back together, and so I have been playing that a fair bit. The addiction to that is real! I'm playing the F2P PC content while I'm waiting for Sony to stop fucking about with my faulty PS5. 

4 minutes ago, Thor said:

Also, my Destiny 2 raid team recently got the band mostly back together, and so I have been playing that a fair bit. The addiction to that is real! I'm playing the F2P PC content while I'm waiting for Sony to stop fucking about with my faulty PS5. 

Holding a control pad for a couple of hours fucks my hands up way worse than playing the guitar or holding a wheel, just saying.

1 hour ago, SharkyOB said:

Holding a control pad for a couple of hours fucks my hands up way worse than playing the guitar or holding a wheel, just saying.

Yep, and typing on a keyboard all-day for work, and lifting weights. It's all too much for my hands. I've completely sacked off the weights for the time being, and I'm taking a week's break from guitar. 

Wow that field looks super tight, I unfortunately won't make the race this Thursday. Life and work is getting in the way, I've really been enjoying the GT4s a bit more than the GT3s so I'm a bit sullen about missing it.