Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu

scoobysi

4 hours ago, davejm said:

So the new server has a webpage that shows all the results of any sessions as they happen...

https://rllmuk.emperorservers.com/results

Server is running for Hungaroring practice now.

There's a lot of really good data here, I can see my pace drop right off the last 2 laps after I got damage going over the mountain and @Valver putting in his fastest lap the same lap, it was nail biting for me watching the gap between us coming down quickly.

1 hour ago, milko said:

@SANtoOos this video, while somewhat irritating at times and never getting to the promised part 2 at all, may help you with your settings for VR.

Thanks Milko! Will have a look when I'm home :)

The website is pretty cool actually.  I thought it would be annoying not having FTP access (to get the results files down), but one glance at the website now means we can all see the results of any session that took place.  For example, I can see that willmill did a session earlier without having to connect up to my FTP client to grab files down.  I'll still compile the results of all the sessions, and there is a 'Download as JSON' button for me to do that.

Here is my attempt at a time on the Hungaroring. Not very fast I think, but good enough to measure yourselves against.

1:55.041

19 hours ago, Meers said:

Here is my attempt at a time on the Hungaroring. Not very fast I think, but good enough to measure yourselves against.

1:55.041

Not very fast? Quicker than I can do mate!

Yeah, I'm two seconds a lap off that pace.  I just can't handle these GT4s.  Have tried most of the cars again, so I need to just decide and then practice some more.

On Hungaroring I think its very important to maintain speed through the many long corners and use all of the track and kerbs. I see I did 1:53.6 here in a Porsche some months ago but that can surely be improved. I remember I had trouble braking and turning in the most, car sliding every corner

It's funny how much the times tumble with a bit of practice.  In my session this morning I couldn't see where I could eat into that 2 second gap to Meers' time but I managed to get within half a second in my session a little later.

It's doesn't help hopping from car to car.  My best session was in the McLaren so I'm gonna have to just stick with it now.

3 hours ago, SneakyNinja said:

Not very fast? Quicker than I can do mate!

Blimey! Well that one took about 7 laps. I was constantly in the 55.5s before I hit that one. Basically went too slow through the chicane.

3 hours ago, davejm said:

Yeah, I'm two seconds a lap off that pace.  I just can't handle these GT4s.

I love these cars and feel I can be a bit more competitive in them. I tried them all and decided on the McLarry. Just had a quick session earlier this afternoon but haven't been able to set a better time. A 45.5 can be done I think. 

@Meers you can use more track in most corners. I think your 2-3-4 is very good but in 5 you can cut a lot more, just stay off the brakes and throttle as you go over that kerb. In 6 you can trail brake very deep and get on power early but dont touch the gray inside kerbing. Chicane I dont know how it should be driven. :D The mid and final sector of the track are all long corners you need right line into and out and even more trail brake.

Ignore the first sector, somehow 1:53.688 - air 24 track 33 with about 20 l in the tank - in the BMW but the bimmer doesnt seem to be as nice as the Porsche on kerbs, and loves to snap oversteer out of corners. And the ABS feels useless. Maybe I should go back to the Porsche?

https://streamable.com/xum7h0

1:53.440 thats enough practice for tonight!

My PC is packed away as I live in a tiny flat. I double dipped ACC on XBOX, it looks nice enough and it is great not to worry about anything other than the game.

I guess even as a console player (for now) I will find this thread interesting to follow.

If any of you play AC or ACC on XBOX feel free to send me a xbox friend request.

I just have a T150 Hopefully this week I will be getting my foldable stand from https://www.wheelstandpro.com/

14 minutes ago, daifuco said:

My PC is packed away as I live in a tiny flat. I double dipped ACC on XBOX, it looks nice enough and it is great not to worry about anything other than the game.

I guess even as a console player (for now) I will find this thread interesting to follow.

If any of you play AC or ACC on XBOX feel free to send me a xbox friend request.

I just have a T150 Hopefully this week I will be getting my foldable stand from https://www.wheelstandpro.com/

I have it on Xbox too. Apparently there’s a next gen upgrade coming later in the year. 

5 hours ago, Erik said:

@Meers you can use more track in most corners. I think your 2-3-4 is very good but in 5 you can cut a lot more, just stay off the brakes and throttle as you go over that kerb. In 6 you can trail brake very deep and get on power early but dont touch the gray inside kerbing. Chicane I dont know how it should be driven. :D The mid and final sector of the track are all long corners you need right line into and out and even more trail brake.

1:53.440 thats enough practice for tonight!

Interesting! And here I was, thinking I was using the track width pretty well. Looking back at my replay, the last sector is particularly shoddy so there's definitely room for improvement there.

That time of yours is alien-worthy. :ph34r:

Looks like everyone has bailed on the porker so I might stick with it!  I tried the Alpine yesterday and I liked it at first, but it felt a bit soft and wallowy when I was getting close to the limit.  There didn't seem to be a great amount of adjustment available in terms of ARB settings (I suppose I could try changing the dampers but that gives me the fear) so I abandoned it in the end.

21 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Looks like everyone has bailed on the porker so I might stick with it!  I tried the Alpine yesterday and I liked it at first, but it felt a bit soft and wallowy when I was getting close to the limit.  There didn't seem to be a great amount of adjustment available in terms of ARB settings (I suppose I could try changing the dampers but that gives me the fear) so I abandoned it in the end.

Yeah I'll stick with the porker as well and us and @extremepabs can be teammates :D

Can't do this week guys, see you in the first race of the season! 

1 hour ago, Meers said:

Interesting! And here I was, thinking I was using the track width pretty well. Looking back at my replay, the last sector is particularly shoddy so there's definitely room for improvement there.

That time of yours is alien-worthy. :ph34r:

I wish! In this game, no matter how much I drive theres always someone(or the entire grid I end up in) a second or more quicker!

4 minutes ago, EuroVapeSim2 said:

Damn I'm still a good 2 seconds off the pace, it's a completely new track for me so hoping I can get within a second at least before Thursday.

I'll coach you if we meet on the server. Could you be on discord voice comms?

26 minutes ago, Erik said:

I'll coach you if we meet on the server. Could you be on discord voice comms?

If I have time I will hopefully be on this evening for an hour, I'll jump onto the rllmuk discord if I get on.

2 hours ago, Valver said:

image.png.08a2707bfc71f3956c790efdf611fb12.png

It just says cock on that fin. Do people eat pig cock? Is that a ‘cut’?

Oh hang on, Bullingdon club innit. Course they do! What was I thinking!