Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu

What a race - that battle with @mrben09 and @milko was FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC!    For over 10 laps, from about lap 8 we just diced and swapped positions constantly.  The replay will show (your honor) that we were mostly pretty clean too.  The odd light bonk here and there - but just brilliant clean hard racing.    Ben - that was some quality defending mate!  Respect. :hat:

And then amusingly Ben and I pitted on the same lap having fuelled our first stint long.  Ben was in the lead but his pit box came up first so I sailed past (waving as I went) revs bouncing off the pitlane limiter.  I didn't take tyres, just fuel - not sure what Ben did, but I got out just ahead.  My finest overtake of the race :lol:

Not sure what happened at the start for me - I qualified 6th, hit drive, saw my car on the grid and then suddenly I got teleported to the pitlane.  Gutted.  Made for an exciting chase as the pack roared away at the start and I had to leave the pitlane from a standstill on blue-cold tyres!

Congrats to @SANtoOos for the race and overall victory!  

And I'm semi-gutted to see that @milko pipped me to an overall 5th place by just 2 points!! 

Highlights video is uploading now - I'll post that shortly...

Yeah, I took tyres in that stop and none on the second. Really enjoyed the first session pre pit as been better described in other posts. Thanks @milko and @valver for the unexpected company.

well done @SANtoOosfor the series and big respect to @extremepabsfor pipping me on the overall placing. 

Another great season.  Congrats to @SANtoOos for the race and championship win.  You were quick man!

Disappointed I couldn't hold out for second place but a fair result anyway considering @SharkyOB missed a week.

Should have some new blood next season, with 3 of the PowerQ guys joining us when they get forum access approved.

I'll detail the plan for working out the schedule for season 5 shortly. 

Meanwhile I'm back on the hunt for new server hosting. I've narrowed it down to a couple of companies.

Not sure what's going on in the replay - the position table in the top left seems to be very wrong for a lot of the video.   Odd.  Anyhow - enjoy - its got a lot of me, milko and Ben in it! :hug:

1 hour ago, Valver said:

@Meers earlier (allegedly)

image.png.1cc4c0ea55fe3f31bb62ab071de91a41.png

1 hour ago, SharkyOB said:

He's been at the Trill.

Nope, still no clue. :unsure:

And indeed, I can't sleep. :facepalm:

7 hours ago, Meers said:

Nope, still no clue. :unsure:

And indeed, I can't sleep. :facepalm:

:lol:

So, when you came back on coms after your network  issue, you said you were having a beer and it sounded like you also said "and I'm eating some millet"      Millet is what we feed our pet birds in the UK, so I asked if you were a "budgie"?

https://www.omlet.co.uk/guide/budgies/budgie_food/millet/

What were you actually eating?

I don't know if you noticed but at several times in the video I'm running 3rd.

I would like to thank my sponsors, the fans and those who pitted before me. Thanks one and all.

@mrben09looking at that replay I’m not at all sure our coming together late on was your fault, it looks like I move across you - at the time I didn’t realise you were so close. It was a bit chaotic with Pabs coming out of the pits and SantoOos lapping us all at once. 

Thanks guys! Very happy with the championship win! Glad I was able to commit to a full season properly, as work is picking up and I can see myself missing races in the future, but I really enjoy the league, thanks for the racing,  respect and camaraderie. 

Yeah sorry I added to the confusion at T1 with @mrben09 right behind me, @milko letting me pass and @extremepabs coming out the pits at the same time, I was off-line and misjudged my braking a bit as well.

Again, awesome job @davejmmaking this happen, thanks @Meersfor the leaderboards and @Valverfor the replays! 

1 hour ago, Valver said:

:lol:

So, when you came back on coms after your network  issue, you said you were having a beer and it sounded like you also said "and I'm eating some millet"      Millet is what we feed our pet birds in the UK, so I asked if you were a "budgie"?

https://www.omlet.co.uk/guide/budgies/budgie_food/millet/

What were you actually eating?

Oh ffs, I didn't realise you guys didn't understand what I said. :facepalm: :lol:

I said I was drinking an Amstel beer and having some Nibb-it. In case you still don't know what that is, here's a picture:

AHI_43545239373133333530_1_LowRes_JPG.JPG.b730a5a772d85561c08ea75556ea68dd.JPG

24 minutes ago, milko said:

@mrben09looking at that replay I’m not at all sure our coming together late on was your fault, it looks like I move across you - at the time I didn’t realise you were so close. It was a bit chaotic with Pabs coming out of the pits and SantoOos lapping us all at once. 

I missed that, I sort of remember the SantoOos and Pabs bit. Must of had too many things going on to process another car (bit like the rear view mirror running on my 970GTX !) .What time is it on the vid ? I remember we had a side to side coming out of Melbourne, and there was some discussion at that point. 

Ah......... was this the one where I pushed you sideways down the track, T bone style, out of turn 1 and then waited for you to catch up , after your airbags were deflated ? To be honest I was catching (probably due to the other cars in the vicinity) and then you appeared coming across in front of me and I collected your rear corner which led to you being glued to my bonnet at 90 degrees. I had no idea who's fault it was so thought best to wait it out just in case. 

@mrben09 yeah that later one, I got into quite a spectacular spin across the grass and back onto the track! I’d slowed down for SantoOs but it all went a bit wrong.

the side by side at Melbourne felt like some standard (but very exciting!) paint trading to me, I couldn’t even hear the radio chatter properly at that point but I had no complaints. Which makes me worry I was probably in the wrong there too if anyone was. But some of those laps where you me and Valver were swapping positions and attacks through the last hairpins were incredible. 

Not my best night tbh.  I was having issues with VR that were basically of my own making, so I need to go back to the drawing board in terms of getting things setup properly with the new headset.  I'm also having some issues with it each time I turn on my pc where it seems to lose proper head tracking, so there's some research for me to do there as well.

All this really put me on the back foot with the practice session and qualy too.  I don't think I had a particularly great setup going into the race, so I kind of knew it would be a tough evening from there.  I had a decent start though and was running 3rd before spectacularly losing it through the Old Hairpin, which put me to be back.  I then managed to make my way back up to second (you really don't need to get out of my way guys, I enjoy battling with people and I don't think I'm likely to get into tangles with you) where I stayed for the rest of the race.  Tbh, I think second was the best I could do last night; @SANtoOoswas almost a minute ahead at the end and I probably only lost 30 secs with the spin, so I just didn't have the pace to challenge for the win.

Congratulation to @SANtoOoson the championship!  Really looking forward to racing with you all next season and I'm determined to come back fighting!

Thanks as always to @davejmfor organising and I'm up for contributing towards the costs of new server too :)

28 minutes ago, Meers said:

Oh ffs, I didn't realise you guys didn't understand what I said. :facepalm: :lol:

I said I was drinking an Amstel beer and having some Nibb-it. In case you still don't know what that is, here's a picture:

Fixed the pic I posted earlier :eyebrows:

birb.jpg

I hope you and the family are back to full health ASAP, BTW.

33 minutes ago, milko said:

@mrben09 yeah that later one, I got into quite a spectacular spin across the grass and back onto the track! I’d slowed down for SantoOs but it all went a bit wrong.

the side by side at Melbourne felt like some standard (but very exciting!) paint trading to me, I couldn’t even hear the radio chatter properly at that point but I had no complaints. Which makes me worry I was probably in the wrong there too if anyone was. But some of those laps where you me and Valver were swapping positions and attacks through the last hairpins were incredible. 

wait I just remembered which one you probably meant, I was definitely in the wrong for that one! Outbraked myself a li'l bit.

As was done last season , I would like to hand out the most improved driver award. @extremepabs has kept at it, picked up points and kept me honest at the back. But this season I will go with @milko. Unfortunately sponsor's COVID budget restrictions meant we had to reuse last season's trophy.   

acc trophy season 5.jpg

haha, it's truly an honour! I'd like to thank the helpful racing community for teaching me how to drive better and for sometimes crashing slightly more times than I do.

2 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

Crispy worms!

Well that's more imaginative than Nibb-it. :lol:

I wonder why they still chose an English branding for this place.

2 hours ago, Valver said:

Fixed the pic I posted earlier :eyebrows:

birb.jpg

I hope you and the family are back to full health ASAP, BTW.

ROLF! I just had to explain this to the mrs.

We're back on the mend, cheers mate. Going back to work on Monday. 

2 hours ago, milko said:

wait I just remembered which one you probably meant, I was definitely in the wrong for that one! Outbraked myself a li'l bit.

It was our battle for 4th! I decided to go wide and give you some space when I saw you on my right, thinking "this will end in tears if I don't", hoping I would get the place back if you managed to overtake me. 

But you hit Ben instead and I got a nice present. :eyebrows:

13 hours ago, Valver said:

And I'm semi-gutted to see that @milko pipped me to an overall 5th place by just 2 points!! 

I just realised that if @davejmhadn't spun in the closing laps I'd have most likely finished behind him and dead level with you for the season! I'll take that as payback for him pinching fastest lap off me by a tenth :)

Can't wait for next season already. 

3 hours ago, mrben09 said:

As was done last season , I would like to hand out the most improved driver award. @extremepabs has kept at it, picked up points and kept me honest at the back. But this season I will go with @milko. Unfortunately sponsor's COVID budget restrictions meant we had to reuse last season's trophy.   

acc trophy season 5.jpg

Couldn’t agree more @milko is a challenger for the top next season. I am slowly getting more consistent and happy with last night as I had to use my Xbox one controller last night as didn’t have time to set up my wheel. Luckily I saw @SANtoOos and @mrben09 @milko coming as I came out of the pits so stopped at the end of the pit exit. I didn’t want to cause a mass pile up. Great fun as usual and pleased with my overall finish. Slow and steady like a tortoise

25 minutes ago, extremepabs said:

Couldn’t agree more @milko is a challenger for the top next season. I am slowly getting more consistent and happy with last night as I had to use my Xbox one controller last night as didn’t have time to set up my wheel. Luckily I saw @SANtoOos and @mrben09 @milko coming as I came out of the pits so stopped at the end of the pit exit. I didn’t want to cause a mass pile up. Great fun as usual and pleased with my overall finish. Slow and steady like a tortoise

Ah, I was wondering why your steering was so twitchy. You'll get there mate. If you ever need help with settings and such, just ask.

Oh, and what I was wondering too...what does Pabs stand for and why is it extreme?

24 minutes ago, extremepabs said:

Oh yes happy to chip in for server costs too!

23 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

Seconded

image.png.5ec3bab410fa0bc1306995f2aca49bac.png

"Of course, fucking of course. Thirded"