Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu

A reminder to register for the upcoming mixed-class Endurance... so far we have 19 sign-ups... 10 GT4 and 9 GT3 :)  This one is gonna be awesome!

7 hours ago, davejm said:

14 peeps set a time so far! 

image.png.c93b4ec36e195ee1cca16d2cbe923873.png

I've just done a couple of tweaks on my setup and managed a sub-2:20 time! :o

Nice one @Meers!  I notice I change down an extra gear in some of the slower corners; but otherwise the laps look pretty similar when it comes down to these fine margins (especially over a 2min+ lap).  Good work.  

1 hour ago, davejm said:

Nice one @Meers!  I notice I change down an extra gear in some of the slower corners; but otherwise the laps look pretty similar when it comes down to these fine margins (especially over a 2min+ lap).  Good work.  

Cheers mate. But still 2 seconds 'too slow'. The extra shift down is to assist the trail braking with some engine braking with the added bonus of a slightly faster acceleration out of the corner. That's what got me my time there.

I think staying in 5th through Eau Rouge up Raidillon may be a bit faster as well. And I need to hit the spaces a bit more. Can you show us your replay please Dave?

10 hours ago, Meers said:

Here's my lap. I still see room for improvement. Good enough nonetheless.

Wow that Ferrari looks pretty sweet around here! I'm actually considering picking it for the next season, really fancy that car and need to get it out of my system. We'll see. 

There's an easily accessible 0.300s (or more) on the table if you hook up that first apex and get on the throttle earlier (use it to rotate the car) as that time will keep adding up until the end of the Kemmel straight. 

24 minutes ago, SANtoOos said:

Wow that Ferrari looks pretty sweet around here! I'm actually considering picking it for the next season, really fancy that car and need to get it out of my system. We'll see. 

There's an easily accessible 0.300s (or more) on the table if you hook up that first apex and get on the throttle earlier (use it to rotate the car) as that time will keep adding up until the end of the Kemmel straight. 

The ferrari is really stable overall, and fairly smooth to drive indeed. Highly recommended. I tried all the other cars and the 488 Evo is the one that suits my smooth driving style the best.

La Source is indeed my Achilles Heel. It's so tricky to judge.

13 minutes ago, Meers said:

La Source is indeed my Achilles Heel. It's so tricky to judge.

Yes same here, when I said "easily accessible" I really meant, easy for me to spot, it's another thing entirely to nail that corner :lol:

1 hour ago, Meers said:

Cheers mate. But still 2 seconds 'too slow'. The extra shift down is to assist the trail braking with some engine braking with the added bonus of a slightly faster acceleration out of the corner. That's what got me my time there.

I think staying in 5th through Eau Rouge up Raidillon may be a bit faster as well. And I need to hit the spaces a bit more. Can you show us your replay please Dave?

No I mean I'm shifting down a gear even further than you are in a few places; although I do stay in 5th for Eau Rouge and Raidillon and only up-shift to 6th when I'm further up the hill.  I didn't take any replays of my fast laps so far, but I should be on later if you're around?

22 minutes ago, SANtoOos said:

Yes same here, when I said "easily accessible" I really meant, easy for me to spot, it's another thing entirely to nail that corner :lol:

Ha! Yeah I see where I can improve massively as well. The thing is that seeing it and doing it is like two completely different things, and not even mutually inclusive. :facepalm:

15 minutes ago, davejm said:

No I mean I'm shifting down a gear even further than you are in a few places; although I do stay in 5th for Eau Rouge and Raidillon and only up-shift to 6th when I'm further up the hill.  I didn't take any replays of my fast laps so far, but I should be on later if you're around?

Ah right, I read it wrong! :doh:

So even further down? Interesting. I may try that.

Yeah I'll be around tonight (after the kids' bedtime). Should be around 19:00h.

8 minutes ago, Meers said:

So even further down? Interesting. I may try that.

Here are my gears (in red)...
image.thumb.png.d1512744f47d6ed949c642978f987fc1.png

EDIT: Turn 9 is wrong, actually.  I go up into third in the run up to the corner, but go back down to second for the turn.

Other than I haven't tried dropping to 1st at Bruxelles I'd say my gearchange data would look quite similar to @davejm's, it's just that somehow I'm way slower at it!

Now to decide if I'll just practice my lines or fuck around trying various semi-guesswork setup changes in the hope of a magic bullet.

11 minutes ago, milko said:

Other than I haven't tried dropping to 1st at Bruxelles I'd say my gearchange data would look quite similar to @davejm's, it's just that somehow I'm way slower at it!

Now to decide if I'll just practice my lines or fuck around trying various semi-guesswork setup changes in the hope of a magic bullet.

Gearing is different per-car anyway.  For example, based on what I remember driving the McLaren (I think this was the last non-Ferrari car I drove at Spa) I don't think I was dropping down gears as much.

Had a tentative play around with some settings and can feel a little bit more potential. One of those settings was just a cooler paint job for my Ferrari that makes me feel faster. 

I'll be on a bit later, or not at all tonight.

Our boy has had his first day in toddler school today and was a bit upset about it so he's having a hard time falling asleep, and our girl is crying too (teething) so I'm going to wait until they start dozing off a bit.

Might pop on after the football. Can’t figure out the discord. I can hear you all through my headset plugged into a controller but it won’t pick up from the mic. 

@Pockets It was nice to see you briefly all the same! You did a really spectacular spin through Raidillon right in front of me (I did the same at least five times tonight btw) and it was quite a fun test to try and evade it without losing too much speed. 

I'm getting faster, I'd probably be overjoyed at being as close to @SANtoOos and @SharkyOB as I am now in normal circumstances, bloody @davejm taking the shine off with his alien time. I've got at least half a second and maybe more to gain if I can just string together a 'best of' lap now.

The setup I've landed on is miles away from either of the presets, I dunno what they're thinking of with this one as I don't normally do more than small tweaks.

@Meers Here's the video of my 2:18.1 lap from this evening.  Featuring @mrben09!! :)  I wasn't cursing you on Discord by the way Ben; was annoyed at myself for messing up the last corner as I was in the 2:17s until then.  Watching back, it's actually a very scruffy lap due to how much I'm pushing.   I've done a couple of good race fuel sessions the last couple of days; but I'm actually a bit annoyed with myself for putting so much focus on the chasing the fast times in practice when I clearly need to work on my consistency more than anything else.  I just can't help myself :facepalm:

42 minutes ago, milko said:

@Pockets It was nice to see you briefly all the same! You did a really spectacular spin through Raidillon right in front of me (I did the same at least five times tonight btw) and it was quite a fun test to try and evade it without losing too much speed. 

I'm getting faster, I'd probably be overjoyed at being as close to @SANtoOos and @SharkyOB as I am now in normal circumstances, bloody @davejm taking the shine off with his alien time. I've got at least half a second and maybe more to gain if I can just string together a 'best of' lap now.

The setup I've landed on is miles away from either of the presets, I dunno what they're thinking of with this one as I don't normally do more than small tweaks.

Yeah I couldn’t really concentrate tonight. Thought I’d head off before I crashed into someone. Not usually that spinny. 

9 hours ago, davejm said:

@Meers Here's the video of my 2:18.1 lap from this evening.

That looks really smooth mate. No oversteer, and it looks like the suspension does not hate the bumps.