Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu

8 hours ago, davejm said:

@Meers wasn't far behind either!

Keep watching those mirrors, mate! :eyebrows:

Here's the standings. Looks very, very close everywhere, especially for 4th place! 

image.thumb.png.2cc1dfc7737c860d0687284208d5871c.png

Edit: @davejm got fastest lap in 2nd race.

1 minute ago, Meers said:

Keep watching those mirrors, mate! :eyebrows:

Here's the standings. Looks very, very close everywhere, especially for 4th place! 

image.thumb.png.b34ab6726b3dc7825fca57e79badc7be.png

Nice one mate! :)  Just one correction... I got fastest lap in the second race!

1 minute ago, davejm said:

@milko you're getting fast!  I was nervously watching the timing screens towards the end and @Meers wasn't far behind either!

I had a moment almost exactly at the same time you had your second moment, put my left wheel on the grass under braking and nearly lost it entirely. Cost me about 3 or 4 seconds, without that I think we would've been in for a battle! Next time :)

@Count Buffalos made me sweat for about four early laps in race 2, I'm not at all accustomed to defending, that was so intense! And @Meers quickly joined in too although I think in the end that might be what saved me as you two started to battle and I was able to get a few seconds clear.

My first race was a bit of a disaster, got boxed out of the first corner, got in someone's way and tapped at the hairpin, ended up well down the field - and then drove super-aggressive lines and got quite far back up to almost where I'd started! A mixture of people in front crashing and one or two exciting overtakes. But it was too exciting so I didn't quit while I was level and then somehow lost control coming out of the Graham Hill bend, still not sure what happened but anyway, found myself facing the wrong way and had to let all the positions I'd gained go back again. I got some back for a second time, and then threw them away once more, just got caught out chasing people too hard and getting too close. @Valver and @willmill and me ended up having quite a few tussles that way. Valver I didn't actually intend to make that last T1 dive on you, you went in a lot slower than I'd expected and I'd probably gone in a bit too hot as I was filled up with way too much adrenaline by then. Luckily I only messed my own self up.

4 minutes ago, davejm said:

how many points is it for lap? That might put me and @SneakyNinja on exactly level :omg:

Yes, brilliant racing all around, well done @SneakyNinja!

Loads of great close racing, really enjoyed watching the tussle between @davejmand Ninja for the first half of the second race and then Ninja was just super solid when I was behind him, always covering the right lines when needed. Really looking forward to Spa

1 hour ago, davejm said:

Sharky we missed you mate, hope everything is OK :)

Thanks mate, I'm so gutted about missing tonight.  I moved house yesterday and it's still pretty much turmoil here, so I completely forgot about the races :(  Will defo be back next week though.

1 hour ago, milko said:

@Speech we missed you too mate, we seemed to have gained some drivers but missed some as well, are you ok?

Sorry, all is ok.  Couldn't make it tonight, hope to be back next week.

Black flag with orange circle This flag is used in FIA-sanctioned races to order a damaged car to the pits for repairs. A mechanical black flag is a black flag with an orange disc in its center which indicates that a vehicle is being summoned to the pits due to serious mechanical problems or loose bodywork that presents a risk to other competitors.

This was going for the first lap or so, I did notice in the replay that Meers didn't have his headlights on at first while everyone else did, maybe it was about that? It was so weird, I almost found myself being distracted by it at a bad time, never seen it before.

8 hours ago, davejm said:

You did indeed! Weird, it said Sneakyninja in my screenshot. Leaderboard amended!

image.thumb.png.d43b36b2478d68f2a764866d1b57c9b9.png

8 hours ago, milko said:

how many points is it for lap? That might put me and @SneakyNinja on exactly level :omg:

And hey-presto! Now get off my back! :P

6 hours ago, milko said:

This was going for the first lap or so, I did notice in the replay that Meers didn't have his headlights on at first while everyone else did, maybe it was about that? It was so weird, I almost found myself being distracted by it at a bad time, never seen it before.

Haha, I'm one of those nutters who wants to do everything manually. I forgot to switch on my lights and I only noticed it at the end of the first lap because of the black/orange flag waving that I only noticed when the field was thinning out.

I also manually do the wipers, ignition, engine start and pit limiter. Even the blinkers!

InsubstantialWhimsicalBass-small.gif

12 hours ago, SANtoOos said:

Yes, brilliant racing all around, well done @SneakyNinja!

Loads of great close racing, really enjoyed watching the tussle between @davejmand Ninja for the first half of the second race and then Ninja was just super solid when I was behind him, always covering the right lines when needed. Really looking forward to Spa

13 hours ago, davejm said:

Wow what an awesome evening of racing.  @SneakyNinja you're my nemesis!!  Although hopefully we can both challenge @SharkyOB and @SANtoOos a bit more.  Well done on your win mate.  You were fast and your defending was great.  Gutted I couldn't hold out for the victory after passing you; but glad you managed to grab your win (no offence Santoos! ;)).  Two mistakes cost me there, but I absolutely loved it.  What a night!

Wow, thanks guys. Really enjoyed that, and quite chuffed with my first GT3 win :) 

I screwed up the fuel calculations for the first race - put 2.25 in as the lap time rather than 1.25. Surprising I managed to get as far as I did considering. At least with my new wheel I had a button to change engine maps which I did - sorry @davejm for being *that* slow and trying to hold you off until the inevitable happened and I ran out of fuel! 

Race two was intense! Shame to lose davejm early, and it was *really* hard holding @SANtoOos back for what felt like hours. You really close the gap QUICK in the braking zones and it's hard not to panic.

What a game, and what a group of guys. If you're following this thread and thinking of joining in - you really should!

Great racing again last night had a decent little battle with @SweatyTravolta and @mrben09 (think I might have been responsible for a bit of contact at the hairpin Sorry Chaps). Race 2 I had a disaster of a first lap and hit the wall the car was constantly pulling right so 2 laps in the pits getting repaired.

One day I will work out how to take that first corner :)

Once again my weekday practice times fail me on race day. First race I was doing ok, but @Mr Majestyk and I seem to have a bump on the last corner that dropped me back, but I managed to recover some spots only to get a bit carried away later on which cost me, and then the aforementioned bump with @extremepabs 

Second race was more of a practice run. @Valver got away from me and I got away from @SweatyTravolta leaving me with a 45s gap between the car in front and the one behind. From there it was all just lap times. 

42 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

What a game, and what a group of guys. If you're following this thread and thinking of joining in - you really should!

My sentiment exactly. Look at how everyone has become better sim racers compared to the first season!

image.png.af98d0437d320c886c073997e31b10bf.png

First morning of having a proper go with the wheel and thought I’d try to learn Monza. Stuck around 1:59 at the moment which is probably slow but I’m fairly pleased for a first go. Only 12 seconds off the record, sounds good until you think about it. Need to smooth out those chicanes. 

11 hours ago, Meers said:

You did indeed! Weird, it said Sneakyninja in my screenshot. Leaderboard amended!

image.thumb.png.d43b36b2478d68f2a764866d1b57c9b9.png

And hey-presto! Now get off my back! :P

Still don't think the points are right mate :D I should have 14 for the second race, I think!

1 hour ago, davejm said:

Still don't think the points are right mate :D I should have 14 for the second race, I think!

Well I'll be damned. There must be something wrong with the formula. I'll investigate. 

8 minutes ago, Meers said:

Well I'll be damned. There must be something wrong with the formula. I'll investigate. 

Maybe a carry over from when we did the reverse grid sprint races as we only had one qualifying session for those?

If you're quick you can make it on to the largest grid ever assembled.  FP session starts at 7.30pm.  They're hoping for 105 cars in the actual race (the max)

from that thread:

"Everyone is welcome to join, you need an SA level > 80 / 3 Suzuka track medals, search for "MrGit" ingame for the server.

PW = gitgrid

30 min FP...to give time for everyone to get into the server and inevitably tweak their setting so their PC doesn't implode. :D

20 mins quali

60 min race...no pitstops"

edit:  Damn it's full!  And he's started a second server for the overflow! :D

1799895061_AssettoCorsaCompetizioneScreenshot2021_04.02-19_51_41_92.thumb.jpg.2ba4b2bf36ea2a944db69a782247b3c5.jpg

MrGit lives down the road from me. I dont know him ,just got chatting to him over twitch one day. I mentioned my proximity to Brands, and he says....... I live near there and chats ensue ! And that was my brush with ACC fame.

20 hours ago, mrben09 said:

Once again my weekday practice times fail me on race day. First race I was doing ok, but @Mr Majestyk and I seem to have a bump on the last corner that dropped me back

You sure that was me? Sorry if it was, but I don't mind any incidents apart from self inflicted running off the tracks :D

Good stuff guys.  It's the Sim grid world cup today too!  12 hours of Bathurst.

Loving all the ACC content at the moment, and real life GT action of course...