Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu

It’s a nice track. The combo of being able to use a lot of kerb and several corners being quite steeply cambered makes it fun to be brave. I’ve taken off once or twice going too far with it on those sleeping policemen. Anyway, hoping to knock another second off my lap time now I’ve more or less learned my way around. Only thing I don’t like is the maddeningly long speed-limited pit exit.

32 minutes ago, milko said:

Only thing I don’t like is the maddeningly long speed-limited pit exit.

Nobody tell him about Spa! :D

You can get out of your sim-chair, boil a kettle and have a full cup of tea before getting to the end of that pit exit!

1 hour ago, davejm said:

@Meers I hope you didn't get annoyed with me having a little bit of fun with you on the server there!  :D

Nah, I was mainly there to see if my wheel worked again. Managed a 37.1 in the end as well. :D

For some reason my wheel's FFB didn't work after a Windows update. Very annoying to go through another bloody PC issue. I installed a new driver for my CSL (that I'd missed somehow) and it now works again. With it, the feedback's even better suited to the recent tyre model update that ACC had in the autumn. 8-)

My boy watched me doing a bit more practice today and picked up the Xbox controller from nearby to pretend to play along. He decided to ‘be’ @SANtoOos and informed me he was ahead of me pretty much the whole time. Even in make-believe I’m in the chasing pack!

4 hours ago, milko said:

My boy watched me doing a bit more practice today and picked up the Xbox controller from nearby to pretend to play along. He decided to ‘be’ @SANtoOos and informed me he was ahead of me pretty much the whole time. Even in make-believe I’m in the chasing pack!

:lol::lol::lol:

Wow I've got a fan! 

For those with a Fanatec CSL wheel base (Xbox or Playstation version), there's a fairly new driver about (november 2020) that I've initially missed. I think it coincides (if that's the right word) with ACC's new tyre model because the feeling of peak slip is now so much better than with the old driver. There's also more information in the detail of the feedback, as well as a stronger tension in the wheel (using the same settings as before). Recommended if you haven't installed it yet!

@SANtoOos, we talked about it last night. Bookmark the link for when you get back to the UK. ^_^

21 minutes ago, davejm said:

image.png.23c0c0f071318d3079e4f5afdf2a5ba2.png

I can't get much more out of that lap of mine I don't think. The track is very forgiving with regards to kerb cutting, but overdo it and you'll invalidate your lap. Am I right in assuming that when you cut the white line with both left and right wheels, you'll get the track limit penalty?

Fantastic track regardless, it flows so well! :wub:

As typical for me I set a good lap time after re-learning the track, but in subsequent practices I couldn't get close.  I've done a couple of sessions since then and couldn't get into the 1:35s. 

Looking forward to Thursday; so much so that I couldn't care less about the AOR race on Tuesday.  I haven't practiced at all despite it being a wet race that I'm dreadfully unprepared for.  I'm thinking of withdrawing from that league.  It's nice racing against a larger field, but participating in 2x organised races a week and the practicing involved to do myself justice in each is a little too much.  I want to get back into my running, some other gaming (including Dirt Rally 2.0) and despite loving ACC at the moment I feel like it's taking over too much of my time.

1 hour ago, davejm said:

As typical for me I set a good lap time after re-learning the track, but in subsequent practices I couldn't get close.  I've done a couple of sessions since then and couldn't get into the 1:35s.

I'm the same, but with me it's either I set a good lap time within 10 laps or at the end of an entire evening of lapping. Last night it was the latter. Probably because I got annoyed that I hadn't broken the 36.5 threshold that I'd set for myself yet, and bedtime was looming. Bang, 35.910. Go figure. :facepalm:

5 hours ago, Meers said:

For those with a Fanatec CSL wheel base (Xbox or Playstation version), there's a fairly new driver about (november 2020) that I've initially missed. I think it coincides (if that's the right word) with ACC's new tyre model because the feeling of peak slip is now so much better than with the old driver. There's also more information in the detail of the feedback, as well as a stronger tension in the wheel (using the same settings as before). Recommended if you haven't installed it yet!

@SANtoOos, we talked about it last night. Bookmark the link for when you get back to the UK. ^_^

I can't get much more out of that lap of mine I don't think. The track is very forgiving with regards to kerb cutting, but overdo it and you'll invalidate your lap. Am I right in assuming that when you cut the white line with both left and right wheels, you'll get the track limit penalty?

Fantastic track regardless, it flows so well! :wub:

Thanks for the link Meers! 

No the limit isn't the white line, in most corners (if not all) the limit is the end of the striped curbing (purple line in this photo). Go on and straddle those bad boys man! :eyebrows:

Screenshot_2021-01-25-11-08-08-281_com.whatsapp.jpg

Actually I'm starting to doubt myself if that's the limit for all corners, but it is for certain corners at least. In a few corners you can go really deep into the kerb but it can hurt your grip so not worth it. If you skip to around halfway in this video he goes to a TV style camera and you can see how he goes beyond the white line at places. 

It's certainly not consistent. Not within the track nor compared to other tracks where there's a clear track limit (usually the white line - both tyres over = track limit penalty).

At least, so it seems.

I find the track (or maybe its just the way I drive) a bit inconsistent for track limits on exits more than the apex cuts. Was getting a bit cross having laps disallowed due to slightly overrunning an exit while being cheerfully able to chop huge chunks out elsewhere!

10 minutes ago, milko said:

I find the track (or maybe its just the way I drive) a bit inconsistent for track limits on exits more than the apex cuts. Was getting a bit cross having laps disallowed due to slightly overrunning an exit while being cheerfully able to chop huge chunks out elsewhere!

It's indeed not just limited to apexes. Apex's. Apexers. Apex'. I don't know. ( ಠ .ಠ )

I like what I see there. :D

Just look at the 3rd sector times of Matt, Nick and myself. Seems like they can't break the 33.9 barrier either there. :ph34r:

haha I've watched about six or seven different ones but it looks like I still ought to be getting through there a half second faster or so than I am, somehow. Actually I think I've managed it once or twice, just not in the same lap as not screwing up something else dagnabbit.

Misano

rllmuk GT World Challenge Season 3 Round 7

Hard to believe we find ourselves at the tail end of another season!!  This time the penultimate round of Endurance at Misano.

• Practice: 19:00 until 20:15 (75 minutes)
  • Qualifying: 20:15 until 20:30 (15 minutes)
  • Race:
    • 20:30 until 21:30 (60 minutes)
    • 1 mandatory pit stop (for fuel and/or tyres)
    • 18:00 (in-game) start time
    • 4x time multiplier
  • Conditions
    • 24°C average ambient temperature
    • Conservative weather variation, little chance of rain

Practice Timings

image.png.08465e6a23da90f60f37635f51a7329b.png