Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu

Still waiting for a next-gen console patch for the Series X. 

Knowing that this is published by 505 games (Control: Ultimate Edition fiasco) it will probably be GOTY edition and no patch/update for existing console owners. 

1 hour ago, mrben09 said:

I might bung the quest 2 on this weekend and give it a go. I’d never bothered but as my ageing 970GTX seems unbothered so far (60fps solid , at 1440, with most settings at high, yeah I don’t know how either), it may tip it over the edge. 

Gosh, it took me hours to get my 3080 looking respectable at 72fps on the Quest 2.  I've no doubt you could get it running but I suspect you'll need to lower the render resolution somewhat.

4 hours ago, mrben09 said:

my ageing 970GTX seems unbothered so far (60fps solid , at 1440, with most settings at high, yeah I don’t know how either)

What CPU is your rig fitted with? 

my ageing 970GTX seems unbothered so far (60fps solid , at 1440, with most settings at high, yeah I don’t know how either)

Now I understand why he was all over my rear last race!

VR makes it so much easier for me to know where I am in relation to other cars and the apexes etc, I’d find it hard to go back to a flat screen now I think. And just the increased sense of immersion is worth it. 
The biggest trade off has been how much of a faff getting set up has been. Some of this is ACC-specific, other games make it a bit easier to navigate menus etc from within the helmet. I’ve learned to deal with the lower clarity quite easily, probably because I never spent much time in the game without it. 

Been meaning to say how much I enjoyed the other night folks! Two brilliant races, which really reminded me how good our league is after the Christmas break. Hopefully those who have drifted away will come back, feel like they'll be missing out otherwise. 

This system crash trouble I’ve been having in ACC is getting more frequent. :hmm:

after a couple of times where within about three laps it’d go, I tried a no-VR test, drive out of the pit and parked just outside. 8 minutes or so later, zap. System temps are fine and I have no idea what to try next. 

anyway when I have managed to get a few laps together I’m around 1’49 I think but probably should find another second-ish. 

19 minutes ago, milko said:

This system crash trouble I’ve been having in ACC is getting more frequent. :hmm:

after a couple of times where within about three laps it’d go, I tried a no-VR test, drive out of the pit and parked just outside. 8 minutes or so later, zap. System temps are fine and I have no idea what to try next. 

anyway when I have managed to get a few laps together I’m around 1’49 I think but probably should find another second-ish. 

Have you tried uninstalling and installing ACC again? 

1 hour ago, davejm said:

Nice one @Meers.  Ferrari EVO feels mega quick around here.  I'm really throwing it around and it's responding remarkably well.  Good time :)

Yeah it handles great! The track has grown a bit on me as well.

47 minutes ago, Meers said:

Have you tried uninstalling and installing ACC again? 

not yet! Feels like I might be up to that “try everything and hope” stage. 

Nice to bump into @CarloOos (not quite literally, but there was a moment) and @willmill on the server just now. I tentatively might have fixed my crash issues, too soon to know for sure. But reinstalling it made me realise I'd kinda sabotaged myself with some view settings, once back to default it gave me a much better start!  Not sure what happened originally. Anyway, I did that and tried another USB port for the wheel as I had a half-inkling that the wheel might have been causing trouble. Dunno.

5 hours ago, SANtoOos said:

I think it's spelled SANtoOos mate :lol: :lol:(or is there an actual CarloOos around here) 

There is! He's your evil twin brother. You were separated at birth. We now know him as @SharkyOB.

7 hours ago, SANtoOos said:

I think it's spelled SANtoOos mate :lol: :lol:(or is there an actual CarloOos around here) 

haha, I had a weird feeling I was confused. Apologies to both!