Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu

12 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Nice!  Mouse mat is rather sinister.

Hahaha! Milko's eyes had a very thorough expression. He passed away 2 years ago, alas. The kitten in the back is Sammy, she's 3 and a rascal. My better half printed it on a mouse mat as a present.

IMG-20201225-WA0001.thumb.jpg.cd41af607b8f1012f0ccb0e0963058dd.jpg

Just completed my AOR evaluation race.  Finished 10th out of about 35, after qualifying around 20th, and no incidents at all.  Managed to do a couple of clean and safe overtakes, but made up most of my positions due to people crashing.  Not a bad night's work!

I still need to set a time, hopefully tonight or tomorrow night. I've not touched my wheel in 2 weeks, and have (obviously) been spending time with my better half and kids. The only gaming I've done was on the One X in The Hunter: CotW. :blush:

Managed to get a time in last night. Enjoy the track a lot, and seem to be better than last time we were here. However still off the pace. Back to tinkering this evening !

I've been messing about with the new Nvidia Broadcast app (https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/broadcasting/broadcast-app/)

It uses the AI cores of the newer 20 and 30 series cards to do dynamic background noise removal - and the results are really impressive. 

Wondered if it might be useful for any of the "clacky gearshift squad" (tm) to use over Discord.  It could also potentially allow people to leave the mic open rather than push to talk and just remove the non voice sounds...

ATTENTION! :D

Who is up for a fun team event with driver swaps on Thursday 11th February?  (the first week after the season 3 conclusion).

My proposal is this:-

• 2.5 hour endurance running from 7:30pm to 10:00pm
  • 4 mandatory stops (for fuel or tyres), meaning 5 stints in total
  • Team mates must complete a minimum of 2 stints; so one will do 2 and one will do 3, but you can't do more than 2 stints consecutively.  Otherwise you can split up the stints how you like (for example, if one team mate can't join the game early or another can't stay on late)
  • Teams will be picked at random based on car choice.  The idea is that the first driver is picked (at random) and their team mate will be selected by choosing another driver at random that has a matching car preference.  If (after selecting the first driver in the team) no other drivers have the same car preference, the pot for the draw for their team mate will be bolstered to include the drivers that have selected that car as their second choice, then the third etc
  • The more cars you choose in your list of preferences, the more chance you have of being in a car that you're happy with.  If you don't state more than 1 or 2 cars, for example, you open yourself up to being included in a pot for any car not in that list

I realise we're halving the number of cars on track so there could be moments of lonely racing, but assuming we get a full roster interested, it feels like a fun thing to try.  The random element of the team selection could make for some interesting dynamics.

Does this sound like a fun idea or is it a silly suggestion due to the limited size of the roster?

If you're interested please state your preferred list of cars (the more the better); and your preferred choice of circuit for the race.

If we don't get almost a full compliment of the roster interested then we may need to shelve the idea, but I'd like to see if we can make this work.

Sure, sign me up. Dibs on staring first due to timezone differences between silly Dutchland and mad Brittannia.

No quali session?

Ferrari 488 Evo GT3 on Zolder.

11 minutes ago, Meers said:

Sure, sign me up. Dibs on staring first due to timezone differences between silly Dutchland and mad Brittannia.

No quali session?

Ferrari 488 Evo GT3 on Zolder.

We could do qualifying based on the weekly practice session timing; an average of the team mate lap times perhaps.

1 hour ago, davejm said:

We could do qualifying based on the weekly practice session timing; an average of the team mate lap times perhaps.

Can you manually set the grid positioning in the server options?