Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu

2 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

Yeah, I think that the GT4 league sits inbetween the GT3 seasons at the moment. They’re using it as a bit of a test bed for ideas and formats.

Ah I see, cool.  I'm reluctant to commit to an extra night of league racing; but I do tend to be free on Tuesday nights so it is possible.

Seem to have managed to make my dad's computer work, it's just about stable with all settings on low, so that's pretty lucky, hovering on 60fps. Joining Meers in a shadowless blobby world! Did an online race, had some stutters but none fatal. 

Using a Logitech G27 which is a challenge as I started with a t300rs and this wheel isn't giving me the info I learned to rely on. The Lexus drives nice, also the Ferrari and Bentley, but the looser cars are very hard to work with. I've been editing the livery text files in the game folder, so for the moment my car will show up as a blank "carbon black" livery. I might try and use photoshop to do a proper custom livery, I can then share the file, anyone interested can plop it into their own livery folder. 

The monitor is small as well, but hey, I can still race, can't complain! 

20 minutes ago, SANtoOos said:

Seem to have managed to make my dad's computer work, it's just about stable with all settings on low, so that's pretty lucky, hovering on 60fps. Joining Meers in a shadowless blobby world! Did an online race, had some stutters but none fatal. 

Using a Logitech G27 which is a challenge as I started with a t300rs and this wheel isn't giving me the info I learned to rely on. The Lexus drives nice, also the Ferrari and Bentley, but the looser cars are very hard to work with. I've been editing the livery text files in the game folder, so for the moment my car will show up as a blank "carbon black" livery. I might try and use photoshop to do a proper custom livery, I can then share the file, anyone interested can plop it into their own livery folder. 

The monitor is small as well, but hey, I can still race, can't complain! 

Glad you'll be racing mate!!  I think those kind of custom liveries are a bit of a no no though, as they can cause network issues for everyone on the server.  Probs best to just use standard liveries until you're back in the UK.

34 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Glad you'll be racing mate!!  I think those kind of custom liveries are a bit of a no no though, as they can cause network issues for everyone on the server.  Probs best to just use standard liveries until you're back in the UK.

Ahhh didn't know, I'll leave it off then! 

6 minutes ago, Meers said:

For anyone still looking for a wheel, I have a Fanatec CSR, still in good working order. No pedals though, still using those on my CSL but all Fanatec pedals are compatible with it, even the new ones.

Oooh, definitely interested! Tell me more...

1 hour ago, SneakyNinja said:

Oooh, definitely interested! Tell me more...

Well there's a UK plug in the box as well, so you British types can use it. ;)

You can save 5 different presets in the wheel itself, and you can boost the effects above the game's max. It's belt driven instead of gears, and it has 2 FFB motors for moar power and effects!

Plenty of buttons to set your functions on. Compatible with PC, Xbox 360 and PCars 2 on PS4.

I bought the CSL for the XBone, but since switched to PC so I boxed up the CSR again.

Like I said, you'll need to get some pedals yourself. I'm keeping mine mwahaha! All Fanny pedals will work on it, even newer gen ones.

If you're still interested, throw me a PM.

IMG_20160910_173140.thumb.jpg.dd099d4a5dae790c81bfc9db0850523f.jpg

IMG_20160910_173158.thumb.jpg.6c3a1daa136a161be97e0ab780cbc3f9.jpg

Apologies if this has been answered many times already but I am new to both the game and the T300RS wheel - is there any specific settings I should be looking at to get the best out of it.  It seems pretty good out the box but if I can be improved I am all ears :D

6 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Apologies if this has been answered many times already but I am new to both the game and the T300RS wheel - is there any specific settings I should be looking at to get the best out of it.  It seems pretty good out the box but if I can be improved I am all ears :D

Yeah, totally agree with @Count Buffalos, the FFB is amazing with this wheel so you shouldn't really need to change anything major.  I have road effects set to 25%.

1 hour ago, SneakyNinja said:

Looks cool, but not sure it's much of a step up from my G29?

On the contrary! The CSR is quite a bit ahead of the Logitech wheels. I believe it sits between the T300 and the T500. The Clubsport V2 and the CSL are the only ones superior to the CSR. :)

I think I'll do another guide on wheels again soon. Did one in the 360/PS3 era so another one is long overdue. To be continued! 

image.thumb.png.476b97f10137f92b5f11b6c7ccfe55c2.png

Wooooohhh Season 3 is upon us, with an Endurance race at Imola

I forgot it was even Thursday!

Practice

• Time: 19:00 until 20:15 (75 minutes)

Qualification

• Time: 20:15 until 20:30 (15 minutes)

Race

• Time: 20:30 until 21:30 (60 minutes)
  • 1 mandatory pit stop (for fuel and/or tyres)
  • 14:00 race start (in-game time)

Conditions

• 24°C average ambient temperature
  • Conservative weather variation, little chance of rain

Check out the season 3 thread here:-

6 minutes ago, Speech said:

Ooh, why didn’t I check this thread earlier?  If I buy the game today, could I potentially join you lot tonight?

Indeed, that'd be awesome if you could.  Check out this post in the season 3 thread for details about what info I need to get you on the entry list...  

Once that's done you can join the multiplayer server.

You'll need to buy the 2020 DLC to join us, and potentially also the Intercontinental DLC too (get it while its on offer) as we do typically use the 4 circuits included in that pack.  We have 1 race to fill on the calendar so it could be one of those.  @Meers is campaigning for Suzuka and @SharkyOB wants Bathurst (for the final Blue Riband event!).

As an aside, for the newcomers, if any of you are around but don't fancy racing at this stage; you can spectate without racing.  Let me know if this is something you want to do and I'll send you the password.  You just use the spectator password instead of the normal server password and you join in spectator mode, and can hop around onboard with different drivers, change camera angles etc.

• scoobysi changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu