Assetto Corsa Competizione - PC Race Night Thu

27 minutes ago, davejm said:

I think we just add everyone that is in the current entry list file.  I don't think everyone confirmed either way last year, we just added in most of the people that were active.

Alright, then we'll wait until the first race come Thursday. I'll add the car choice after that as well to make it complete.

It's looking like I'll be able to join you for a few races early on! I think the setup will just about work. 

Happy to do an updated season 3 livery grid if you guys post your screenshots. 

Might go with the Lexus for some variation, would that be okay if I used their standard team livery as it's not possible to customise? 

19 minutes ago, SANtoOos said:

Might go with the Lexus for some variation, would that be okay if I used their standard team livery as it's not possible to customise? 

Yeah of course.  I'm going to be trying out the Lexus later.  It's the only car I haven't tried.  I doubt I'd switch to it over the Ferrari, but gonna give it a whirl.

I just bought a wheel (from Strafe of this parish) so I might try and join you guys soon. 

I've only got the base game and I'm a total novice and I struggle with time commitments, so I'm thinking at least for now it'll be "occasional guest spot at the back of the grid" if anything, but we shall see!

2 minutes ago, milko said:

I just bought a wheel (from Strafe) of this parish so I might try and join you guys soon. 

I've only got the base game and I'm a total novice and I struggle with time commitments, so I'm thinking at least for now it'll be "occasional guest spot at the back of the grid" if anything, but we shall see!

That'd be awesome.  You'll need the 2020 DLC to join us, but it's relatively cheap at £8.   We usually feature tracks from the Intercontinental GT DLC too (which is on offer) although as it happens the current league schedule doesn't feature any of these tracks (although we're still to choose the venue for the final race).

17 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Does the Lexus only have that one Swiss livery?

I think there's 3 team liveries available when you go on the editor, all a bit uninspiring to me. 

A few reports the Lexus has terrible tyre wear but I reckon you just need to figure out how to drive it. We'll see soon anyways. 

6 minutes ago, SANtoOos said:

I think there's 3 team liveries available when you go on the editor, all a bit uninspiring to me. 

A few reports the Lexus has terrible tyre wear but I reckon you just need to figure out how to drive it. We'll see soon anyways. 

Try the GT-R, it's a beast!!

1 hour ago, davejm said:

You'll need the 2020 DLC to join us

OK done that. The other two packs I'm gonna wait. Based on a quick attempted lap or two at Brands I'm some way from being able to actually play with you lot anyway! But I'll get there, and I might try and join the practice server now and again as part of that.

30 minutes ago, milko said:

OK done that. The other two packs I'm gonna wait. Based on a quick attempted lap or two at Brands I'm some way from being able to actually play with you lot anyway! But I'll get there, and I might try and join the practice server now and again as part of that.

Brilliant, all sorted and info sent via PM.  Hope to see you on track soon! :)

First laps of Imola today :)  Fun aint it?!  Not sure if I love or hate the process of learning a new track.  In some ways it's cool to discover something new and learn the lines; the flow; the braking points etc... but on the other hand its frustrating being slow!

Anyone on practicing tonight?

28 minutes ago, davejm said:

First laps of Imola today :)  Fun aint it?!  Not sure if I love or hate the process of learning a new track.  In some ways it's cool to discover something new and learn the lines; the flow; the braking points etc... but on the other hand its frustrating being slow!

Anyone on practicing tonight?

I'll come on in a bit mate, gonna have a blast on RaceRoom first.

AOR evaluation race complete. I qualified 6/12 with the pole being 3 seconds faster! I think he'll be a Tier 1 driver though, I've seen his name on Twitch streams. Embarrassingly, I missed the 'drive' cue when I was fiddling with fuel and had to start from the pit lane. I managed to make three clean overtakes in the race and finished 7th, which was a good effort I thought. I made my pitstop after 25 minutes - it's a mandatory tyre change but refuelling is not permitted. Onwards to Zolder!