Assetto Corsa Competizione | Next Thursday: Zolder Sprint

davejm

1 minute ago, Count Buffalos said:

@davejm am I preregistered in the Merc or do I need to do that myself?

You're pre-registered for this, and will be for the future league races :)  Would just need to remove yourself for any that you can't make.

18 minutes ago, Valver said:

I've been away camping with the family this last week - so not had an opportunity to set a time or do any practice.  I'm just going to wing it tonight lads - wish me luck 

While I was away I didn't have any electricity, but I did still get some wheel time.  Rate my setup:

pedalkart.jpg

Somebody fucked up during the tyre change pitstop.

that must be one of our shortest leaderboards for the morning of a race ever! I have no idea if my time is truly competitive or more of a mid-pack thing. Not that it matters that much, I haven't had much time to try and repeat it and usually have been a good 0.5s slower. It's going to be a race of mystery tonight.

8 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

Even though I'm not in tonight do I need to reg for the series on simracing.gp and then unreg from tonight ?

No you don't need to do anything, I'll just add you from next week onwards.

3 hours ago, davejm said:

image.png.a1caf3d966931d016f58fd89c56cf446.png

@winky are you joining us tonight? I don't have you down for season 6 at the moment (from the rollcall thread)!

I was going to join yeah, is that okay. I missed the roll call thread but was going to try the Bentley.

I am having a hard time with a weak wrist, think it might be a result of the steering wheel, so turned down the ff and see if it gets worse.

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | GT3 League Season 6 | Round 1 Hungaroring
On 31/08/2021 at 11:07, Count Buffalos said:

Weirdness. I assumed that it was Yarrick but didn’t ask! Whoever it was set a time 0.4 slower than me. 

It must have been me trying to get a 1:45x I guess :)

It was me alright, forgot I had a witness lol

2 hours ago, davejm said:

Can I ask everyone to check that I have their car selection correct and that I haven't missed anyone?

image.png.34d4b7247c91e2dbf5f38a0ad41883a1.png

I'm probably going to switch my car before the race tonight but I'll make sure it's updated on the website before the race. 

I was thinking the Audi as the times I've used it the car has seemed super stable and with my limited (no) practice available in the weeks it seems like a solid choice to just get me round the track. 

Also, not to complain but I did notice the étiquette had slipped a little in the few races I managed between injuries last season. Lots of conversations from people who had finished their run whilst other people were finishing up qualifying laps or still battling out on track for position. 

Super frustrated after the internet in my house crashed, gone through all the steps recently to try and improve it after last season, moving the router, change the DNS settings, shouting at the provider as I'm paying the same as I did in my old apartment which had an amazing connection but I think I'm just stuck with a terrible service due to where my new house is located, I'm on a polder on the wrong side of a large canal and fiber connection doesn't go across, only old copper wires. Going to try with my phone data again for the next race, that's my ranting done.

Im still shocked at the lap time I managed to do in qualifying, it was 2 seconds faster than anything I managed in the practice. I'm starting to get a feel for the ferrari, once the tires are warm the car comes alive and it's just a dream to drive.

I thought I could recover a decent position after the drive through I got at the start. There was a fair few who got them as well and my pace was strong in the race. At least some positives to take from tonight, I'm really looking forward to the next race now.

amazing quali time there, @EuroVapeSim2 really unlucky you didn't get to carry it through.

Well that was an interesting race. I was disappointed in qualifying, couldn't even match my practice time and down in 9th wasn't expecting great things. I've got a heavy head cold so I was starting to think of excuses! Fuelled up 80L for a long first stint and got on with it anyway. Forgot to set my strategy or check my tyre pressures.

Then at the start a whole bunch of drive-throughs happened and stuff like that jumped me up to 4th in short order, I got two track cut warnings in lap 2 worrying about @Meersbehind me and was wobbling around all over the place, had a very bad feeling that it wasn't going to go well. And then suddenly it all came together! I caught up with @Count Buffalos, sat in behind to try and exert some careful pressure and then after a few laps made my move and got it to stick! Damn that felt good. After that I was (very) slowly reeling in @SneakyNinja in first place for a bit and then he pitted just as I got close and I found myself clear in the lead. Not a place I'm used to being, but for some reason I carried on putting in pretty good laps and feeling very comfortable for ages. Eventually pitted for my splash 'n dash, came out in 2nd just ahead of @Yannikbut knowing that he and @SharkyOBin front of me had to pit still. Cracked on, carried on being safe and got the lead back as expected past the pits, had that out to about 16s and just 3 minutes to go, still only those two warnings from lap 2 so pretty safe on that score... my debut in the McLaren going so well, and then got a message that I was disconnected from the fucking server. As far as I can tell my internet was fine so unless it had a very brief uncharacteristic blip I don't know what to think. Absolutely gutted. Up until that point more or less all the luck had been in my favour and I'd barely put a foot wrong all race.

There was chatter about awarding me the win anyways which would be very kind indeed if you want to but a: I dunno if simracing.gp lets us do that? b: obviously we can't go doing that sort of thing every time someone gets unlucky with the internet so @davejmand co let's give it some thought about if we're setting a bad precedent.

I was mentally composing my maiden victory speech about giving thanks to my new sponsors Vicks Sinex and Airwaves gum, Drive Through Penalty Awarders, my mum and everything. At least I kept my fastest lap of the race award.

Despite all that I really enjoyed the race overall. Really happy to be back racing with you guys.

3 minutes ago, milko said:

There was chatter about awarding me the win anyways which would be very kind indeed if you want to but a: I dunno if simracing.gp lets us do that? b: obviously we can't go doing that sort of thing every time someone gets unlucky with the internet so @davejmand co let's give it some thought about if we're setting a bad precedent.

I'm not sure if there would ever be such an obvious case like this... it was seconds from the end of the race and you were so far ahead.

If anything like this happens again (where the result wouldn't have been at risk) I'm sure everyone would agree it's OK to do the manual adjustment.

I really enjoyed the racing, thanks everyone. I learned quite a lot about the Merc, that was the longest stint I've put into it on a single set of tyres. I had a good scrap with @SneakyNinja at the end of the race but just didn't have the pace to try an overtake. I had half a chance when he braked too deep into T1 but I couldn't get the traction taking a tighter line on exit.  I'm more than happy to keep @milko in first place, he was a good way ahead of 2nd and 3rd and he pulled off a really nice move on me, so kudos for that. Looking forward to next week :)

What an exciting start to the new Season!  I loved the racing tonight.  I was chuffed to pull off a 4th place spot in qualifying, and then so so annoyed with myself being one of the drive through penalty mob at the race start.   Back to 10th - arse.   I had some great fun chasing down @SharkyOB over about 6 laps.  I had some good pace and made up a few places.  Happy to finish 5th (6th adjusted).

There were clearly some server shenanigans going on tonight.  Looking at the replay file I downloaded, I can see @EuroVapeSim2warping off the track, @milko gets booted out completely towards the end, and there's some horrible warping/lag evident around lap 29 from @SneakyNinja  Cars driving sideways and all sorts.  

17 minutes ago, Valver said:

There were clearly some server shenanigans going on tonight.  Looking at the replay file I downloaded, I can see @EuroVapeSim2warping off the track,

My WiFi continued to cut out for a good half hour after I left the server, I hope my connection isn't causing the problems for the server and other connections, hopefully next race with my phones data connection it will be more stable.

9 hours ago, EuroVapeSim2 said:

Super frustrated after the internet in my house crashed, gone through all the steps recently to try and improve it after last season, moving the router, change the DNS settings, shouting at the provider as I'm paying the same as I did in my old apartment which had an amazing connection but I think I'm just stuck with a terrible service due to where my new house is located, I'm on a polder on the wrong side of a large canal and fiber connection doesn't go across, only old copper wires. Going to try with my phone data again for the next race, that's my ranting done.

Very unlucky mate. May I ask where you are located (ish)? Maybe I can help you out looking at other options. Are there also other people in the house using the connection?

There was a point during the race when everything went crazy on my end as well. The screen froze for a second and then there was a sound bug (constant high revving) which continued for about a minute. I could still carry on racing but I had no proper engine note feedback so I had to improvise. Eventually the sound caught up again and everything was back to normal, luckily.

Congrats to @milko for the win! I had a bit of luck when a lot of guys went into the pits, so I went from 10th to 4th within 3 laps. Couldn't keep up with you guys as I was still getting used to the 720S but I'm pretty happy with 8th in the end. Got a DT because I had violated track limits a couple of times (that bloody chicane man!), otherwise I could have ended up in a higher position even. Still not a bad race for me, but I think I won't pick the safe setup next time.

I got a 30 second stop and go because I forgot you need to drop down to first for the pit lane limiter to kick in. Then having served that penalty, making sure to use the pit lane correctly, I came out on the track to find the game telling me I had another 30 second stop and go because the game doesn't like me.

9 hours ago, Valver said:

What an exciting start to the new Season!  I loved the racing tonight.  I was chuffed to pull off a 4th place spot in qualifying, and then so so annoyed with myself being one of the drive through penalty mob at the race start.   Back to 10th - arse.   I had some great fun chasing down @SharkyOB over about 6 laps.  I had some good pace and made up a few places.  Happy to finish 5th (6th adjusted).

There were clearly some server shenanigans going on tonight.  Looking at the replay file I downloaded, I can see @EuroVapeSim2warping off the track, @milko gets booted out completely towards the end, and there's some horrible warping/lag evident around lap 29 from @SneakyNinja  Cars driving sideways and all sorts.  

This makes it look like I swerve across the track into you and completely omits the car in front giving me a little tap causing me to lose it. 

FAKE NEWS! 

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Next Thursday: Zolder Sprint