Assetto Corsa Competizione | Next Thursday: Zolder Sprint

davejm

Dave, Im missing 3 points 😁

In the future I want to get more involved in practice sessions too and also drive more in AC.

Next weeks Saturday we will have a big 10 hour race driving gt4 Ginetta around Silverstone and I will need to dedicate some evenings to practice for that, but I can try to give my opinions and tips to finding speed. For Sharky we need to find his next car and dedicate an evening to getting to grips with it.

1 minute ago, Erik said:

Dave, Im missing 3 points 😁

In the future I want to get more involved in practice sessions too and also drive more in AC.

Next weeks Saturday we will have a big 10 hour race driving gt4 Ginetta around Silverstone and I will need to dedicate some evenings to practice for that, but I can try to give my opinions and tips to finding speed. For Sharky we need to find his next car and dedicate an evening to getting to grips with it.

Cool we'll get Meers to take a look at the points when he gets back just so we can iron out issues with the spreadsheet; but for next season I'm going to just have the one series on SGP and then just double up the points for the endurance races.  So the points can get tracked on there I think.

I think we should all have a car change for next season.  I'm thinking of taking the Aston or McLaren; but I'm going to have a few laps in each car I think before picking one.

1 hour ago, davejm said:

Here are the results and final league table.  It's not counting Yannik's points from Monza in the leaderboard for some reason; but I'm no Excel guru (just stepping in for Meers on the spreadsheet duties!) :D

Well done to @Erik for the league win.  It's been great to have you with us; especially with how friendly and helpful you are to everyone with setup tips, game insights etc.  @SANtoOos showed some great pace at various points (are you now even faster in VR?! :D).  Congrats on @SneakyNinja for getting third place; a great result that your consistency rewarded.

image.thumb.png.faaa4901e3cce1b7d12d8ba1c46d1196.png

3rd? Really? That's a genuine surprise. I'll take it though :) 

Well done @Erik - A fantastic performance. No idea how you do that.

Thanks again @davejm for sorting all this out. The 'muk ACC league is the best online experience I've ever had, and has reaffirmed my love of racing.

@mrben09 - Don't be so hard on yourself, it's all part of racing. But I know how you feel....

@winky - REALLY sorry for clattering into you under blue flags on the penultimate lap. I was distracted by the growing cramp in my right foot, missed my braking point and couldn't avoid you. I hope you weren't too damaged.

Car change for next season eh? I might go back to the 911 that I used for the first season... hopefully it won't try and kill me so much now I've had some practice..

Congrats on the championship @Erik extremely consistent and fast driving throughout!

I don't know what's up with me and Monza, didn't enjoy the race at all:( car felt terrible and was sliding all over the place, what I love about racing sims is the feeling of getting in the zone and forgetting you're driving a game, Monza is so broken up and awkward I couldn't get that at all. Its weird, I like pretty much all tracks and can usually find  enjoyment in a race, even when things go bad. Sorry, have to vent, may need therapy to resolve my issues with this track. :lol:

Having said that, enjoyed the season very much, great hanging out and racing with you guys. Up to speed in VR and my most memorable races were the ones when my computer crashed and I had to start from the back. Racing people side by side in VR is incredible! 

Once again top job making this happen @davejmand excellent spreadsheet and meme skills @Meers

Congrats to the winners and racers! Wish I could've made it to more races this season. @Erik it has been my honour to hold the Nibbits(tm) Velux(r) Most Improved Driver Driver Trophy over the past [some] months and I know you'll be a worthy recipient who treats it with the appropriate respect and gravity.

Great fun as usual chaps wasn't sure I would last an hour and a half but got there in the end. 

Apologies to @Valver for blocking you at the chicane I misjudged how quickly you were catching me and couldnt move over quick enough.

1 hour ago, SneakyNinja said:

@winky - REALLY sorry for clattering into you under blue flags on the penultimate lap. I was distracted by the growing cramp in my right foot, missed my braking point and couldn't avoid you. I hope you weren't too damaged.

It was quite the knock and caught me by surprise, I was really worried that I had done something wrong. It totalled my car which I had to limp back to pits on last lap under black flag but never affected my position. My race was over after I spun out at Lesmo 2.

This happened multiple times and every  time Erik was behind me, there were also reports of red turtle shells on the track … not accusing anyone but makes you think …

You are all so fast and it’s amazing that you can all have small chit chat when driving, I cannot speak because I am at the limits of my mental stack.

14 minutes ago, winky said:

It was quite the knock and caught me by surprise, I was really worried that I had done something wrong. It totalled my car which I had to limp back to pits on last lap under black flag but never affected my position. My race was over after I spun out at Lesmo 2.

This happened multiple times and every  time Erik was behind me, there were also reports of red turtle shells on the track … not accusing anyone but makes you think …

You are all so fast and it’s amazing that you can all have small chit chat when driving, I cannot speak because I am at the limits of my mental stack.

Aww crap, really sorrier now. :(

You did nothing wrong. I need to check the replay to see how I screwed up. I saw you ahead as we approached T1 and was intending to pass at some point during the lap. I had no pressure from behind and was just trying to finish the race.

Next thing I know, I brake at what I thought was the usual place (around the 170m mark for me, I can't brake for toffee) but I must have missed my mark because no way was I stopping in time and before I could react I'd hit you.

Like I say, not your fault at ALL and I wasn't intending to pass there. A lesson learnt, and hope to see you on track - without contact - next season.

Oh - and the chatting thing.. you and me both. I can barely talk when I drive as I distract myself. 

13 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

Aww crap, really sorrier now. :(

No don’t be I was trying to tell you it made no difference to my race and if anything it was some much needed excitement to a lonely second half of the race :)

Feels like a good time to post this awesome video again!

Basically, if you're following another car closely you cannot brake where you normally brake, especially into the slower corners at somewhere like Monza, or you will definitely hit the car in front (unless you pull out to make a pass).  It can sometimes be surprising how much you close on someone who seems relatively far ahead on the track in a braking zone, so it's always better to err on the side of caution, brake early, then come off the brake like Aris shows in the video.  If you don't do this and you're at the limit of your braking there's nothing you can do to react.

13 hours ago, davejm said:

I'm no Excel guru (just stepping in for Meers on the spreadsheet duties!) 

image.thumb.png.faaa4901e3cce1b7d12d8ba1c46d1196.png

12 hours ago, davejm said:

Cool we'll get Meers to take a look at the points when he gets back just so we can iron out issues with the spreadsheet

No worries! Brought the laptop with me and the next couple of days will be rainy so I'll see what I can do.

As for choosing a different car, no probs. I think it's time for me to try something else.

1 hour ago, Meers said:

Which points are we talking about, Erik?

On sgp gt4 + gt3 points plus 50 % more for Monza equal 148, plus 2 for fastest lap in Monza.

It doesnt effect positions, dont worry 😊

Anyone else interested in the Assetto Corsa 1950s Formula 1 @ Bremgarten races this Thursday?

image.png.5f2e48de5c5ca9420fcb80e9ee5dbc94.png

The format is looking like this:-

• Race 1
    • 20:00 server start
    • 10 minutes of practice
    • 20 minutes of qualifying
    • 30 minute race
  • Race 2
    • 21:15 server start
    • 5 minutes of practice (to get everyone on the server)
    • Reverse grid of first race finishing position
    • 30 minute race

On 24/07/2021 at 14:59, Erik said:

On sgp gt4 + gt3 points plus 50 % more for Monza equal 148, plus 2 for fastest lap in Monza.

It doesnt effect positions, dont worry 😊

Well it doesn't really, so here's the end results (it's raining cats and dogs here so I've got the laptop open)! 😅

image.thumb.png.b432a885cd88d3694ccc0fb33a130f10.png

Splendid job from me to @Erik, @SANtoOosand @SneakyNinja for the podiums! I'm currently busy making the leaderboard for season 6 with the new tech (auto-grabbing the results from the simracing.gp website) which is coming along nicely.

2 minutes ago, Meers said:

Well it doesn't really, so here's the end results (it's raining cats and dogs here so I've got the laptop open)! 😅

image.thumb.png.b432a885cd88d3694ccc0fb33a130f10.png

Splendid job from me to @Erik, @SANtoOosand @SneakyNinja for the podiums! I'm currently busy making the leaderboard for season 6 with the new tech (auto-grabbing the results from the simracing.gp website) which is coming along nicely.

How is your break @Meers?  For season 6 I'm going to be having all the races under the one series on simracing.gp, so the leaderboard will auto update on there.  So there wouldn't necessarily be a need for the spreadsheet, unless you want to have it as a record for the future?  (or as a learning tool with what you're doing to grab the results).

@SharkyOB Do you have time for a session today? I was thinking we could either use the Nissan or some 3rd car and try to get that up to speed together at Monza or some other track. I can stream my view too with twitch or steam.

Everyone is welcome aboard of course. :)

21 minutes ago, Erik said:

@SharkyOB Do you have time for a session today? I was thinking we could either use the Nissan or some 3rd car and try to get that up to speed together at Monza or some other track. I can stream my view too with twitch or steam.

Everyone is welcome aboard of course. :)

Nice one Erik!!  I could possibly do something this afternoon if you aren't working?  I can't do tonight though as I'm rehearsing.

56 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Nice one Erik!!  I could possibly do something this afternoon if you aren't working?  I can't do tonight though as I'm rehearsing.

I'm available any time today

22 minutes ago, Erik said:

I'm available any time today

I'll head on now, is the server still set to Monza?  Probably just need a quick talk through of the settings on that setup as it's really good!

4 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

I'll head on now, is the server still set to Monza?  Probably just need a quick talk through of the settings on that setup as it's really good!

Hop on discord

11 minutes ago, SharkyOB said:

Server was offline but I've just restarted it :)

4 hours ago, davejm said:

Anyone else interested in the Assetto Corsa 1950s Formula 1 @ Bremgarten races this Thursday?

The format is looking like this:-

• Race 1
    • 20:00 server start
    • 10 minutes of practice
    • 20 minutes of qualifying
    • 30 minute race
  • Race 2
    • 21:15 server start
    • 5 minutes of practice (to get everyone on the server)
    • Reverse grid of first race finishing position
    • 30 minute race

Ugh I love to race I just hate the AC UI (downloaded content manager - not sure it’s helped)

I will see if I can download and install the track tonight see if I can get on with it enough.

I got a new wheel, upgrade from CSR to a CSW. I expected a difference from previous but the jump in fidelity and build quality is incredible!

9 hours ago, davejm said:

Hi Guys back from the vacation... seems like I missed an eventful race last thursday! Congrats @Erik for the championship win. Glad I was able to beat you in at least one race (even if it was your first time properly driving laguna 😅). And glad to see @Yannik joining as well from the powerQ crew 😄

@davejm I would definitely be interested to race this car / track combo on Thursday! Would be a nice historic race through an old hometown track of mine 

Ah brilliant @texlex45, it's a really interesting combo!   Just had a practice now and I'm around 8 seconds off @SharkyOB's lap time and I'm all over the place, but it's fun.  I'm treating this Thursday race as a cruising session and I'm gonna try and get around slow and steady and enjoy it.

• davejm changed the title to Assetto Corsa Competizione | Next Thursday: Zolder Sprint